All programs and applications require DLL files to work properly, and when the required DLL file gets misplaced or application becomes inaccessible to access the DLL file then you will receive DLL errors.
MSVCR100.DLL file is one of the important DLL files of Microsoft Visual C++ files, Microsoft Visual C++ is the required to run any apps/services properly. But when MSVCR100.DLL file gets misplaced then you will start facing the error message on your computer screen while trying to run or installing programs, booting Windows, shuts down or maybe during the installation process of Windows.
If you are suffering from this error message and want to fix this issue then don’t worry as you can easily deal with this issue without calling any professional or paying a single penny.
Different kinds of Msvcr100.dll Error Messages
There are different ways that MSVCR100.DLL errors can display on your computer screen. Following are some of the common methods that toy might get this error:
- “Msvcr100.dll Not Found”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\msvcr100.dll”
- “This application failed to start because msvcr100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcr100.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
- “The file msvcr100.dll is missing.”
Reasons behind the Msvcr100.dll Errors
Generally, Msvcr100.dll errors are caused by some common circumstances that lead to the removal or corruption of the Msvcr100.dll file.
In most of the cases, Msvcr100.dll errors could specify a registry problem, a malware or a virus issue or sometimes even a hardware failure issue.
Manual steps to fix Msvcr100.dll Errors
The first step is to find out that your PC is running on 64-bit or 32-bit. Follow the below-given steps to do this…
- For Windows XP, go to your Start menu and then click Run. Type winver and press Enter
- In Windows 7 and Vista, go to your Start Menu and type Computer into the search box. Now, Right click it and click on Properties. The needed information is under Windows Edition.
- Windows 8 instructions are same as Windows 7, but you will be on the Start Screen rather than in the smaller menu.
Download the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package directly from Microsoft.
- Since you can download this software from the Microsoft for free. So there is no reason to download it from any third party website.
- Go to microsoft.com and search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. You will get the list of downloadable versions.
- You can sort by release date or just look for SP1 (Service Pack 1) to get the most recent version.
- If you have a 32-bit copy of Windows then select the x86 version. If you are running 64-bit then select x64.
- The Visual C++ Package download page should look like this.
- Download and install the software and follow the prompts to add this toolbox to your system.
- Now Restart your computer, if you have not done so already, and try your software again. Your error message should be gone.
Instead of downloading the entire Microsoft Visual C++ folder you can also fix this issue by downloading only a single DLL file i.e. MSVCR100.DLL.
You can download this DLL file from the Internet, search MSVCR100.DLL on Google and it will suggest different websites from where you can download this DLL file. After downloading this file copy it to the Windows\System folder or you can copy it to the game or program’s folder. After it restarts PC and you will see that your PC is running without showing any error.
You can easily fix this error with the above-mentioned steps. These steps are very simple and easy to perform but unfortunately if you are unable to do so then you can make use of PC Repair Tool which is trusted as one of the most useful and effective software that can easily fix any kind of errors in your PC such as DLL errors, Windows error, Blue Screen error of Death, etc. It does not require any technical help to use this software because it is very easy to use.