Sometimes programs and applications require other files to be present on your computer. DLL files are used by many programs including games. MSVCR100.DLL is a Microsoft Visual C++ files which is required by applications that were made with Visual C++. This error message might appear on your computer screen while using or installing some programs when Windows starts or shuts down or may be during the Windows installation.
At the time of downloading this file and then copying it to the Windows\System folder should fix the error and it might need to be copied to the game or program’s folder.
Different kinds of Msvcr100.dll Error Messages
There are different ways that MSVCR100.DLL errors can display on your computer screen. Following are some of the common methods that toy might get this error:
- “Msvcr100.dll Not Found”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\msvcr100.dll”
- “This application failed to start because msvcr100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcr100.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
- “The file msvcr100.dll is missing.”
Reasons behind the Msvcr100.dll Errors
Generally, Msvcr100.dll errors are caused by some common circumstances that lead to the removal or corruption of the Msvcr100.dll file.
In most of the cases, Msvcr100.dll errors could specify a registry problem, a malware or a virus issue or sometimes even a hardware failure issue.
Manual steps to fix Msvcr100.dll Errors
The first step is to see if you are running a 64-bit copy of Windows or 32-bit.
- For Windows XP, go to your Start menu and then click Run. Type winver and press Enter
- In Windows 7 and Vista, go to your Start Menu and type Computer into the search box. Now, Right click it and click on Properties. The needed information is under Windows Edition.
- Windows 8 instructions are same as Windows 7, but you will be in the Start Screen rather than in the smaller menu.
Download the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package directly from Microsoft.
- Since this software is free from Microsoft so there is no reason to risk getting the download from a third party.
- Go to microsoft.com and search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. You will get the list of downloadable versions.
- You can sort by release date or just look for SP1 (Service Pack 1) to get the most recent version.
- If you have a 32-bit copy of Windows then select the x86 version. If you are running 64-bit then select x64.
- The Visual C++ Package download page should look like this.
- Download and install the software and follow the prompts to add this toolbox to your system.
- Now Restart you computer, if you have not done so already, and try your software again. Your error message should be gone.
You can easily fix this error with the above mentioned steps. These steps are very simple and easy to perform but unfortunately if you failed to do so then you can make use of PC Repair Tool which is trusted as one of the most useful and effective software that can easily fix any kind of errors in your PC such as DLL errors, Windows error, Blue Screen error of Death, etc. It does not require any technical help to use this software because it is very easy to use.