After waiting quite long finally, Batman Arkham Knight is available for PC users. Though getting both negative and positive reviews is another part of it. “Mixed” reviews can turn this game to be the best selling game of this month.
Various users in different forums have noticed complaining regarding several issues during installing the game on their PC. Here learn how to fix Batman Arkham Knight errors in Windows.
Here you will be guided with a new “Error Fix” tips for Batman: Arkham Knight. Most of the prominent errors and their fixes are listed below. But before moving towards, the fixes, check the minimum system requirements, if your system is not having the minimum system requirements then you may face Batman Arkham Knight crashing, stopped working, flickering and others.
System Requirements for Playing Batman Arkham Knight:
- OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 45 GB available space
- OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GE-Force GTX 760 – 3 GB Memory Recommended
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
How to Fix Batman Arkham Knight PC Errors?
#1: Batman Arkham Knight Crashing Issues:
Few crashing issues that you might face while loading the game are listed below along with a recommended solution.
- Game crashes back to desktop on startup.
- Game crashes after loading the company logo.
- Game crashes during the gameplay.
- Game crashes with a black screen.
- Game crashes after changing the settings.
Facing these errors might be due to the problems with your GPU. Primarily ensure that your GPU is capable of running the Batman Arkham Knight game. If yes, then get your GPU drivers updated.
Updating the GPU Drivers will help you to fix the Batman Arkham Knight crashing issue in Windows.
To update the GPU drivers like AMD or Nvidia visit the manufacturer website or the Microsoft official website and search and install the update carefully.
Or update the drivers easily by running the Driver Booster. Just install it and this will automatically update the drivers and fix related issues.
#2: Verifying Game Cache Files Issue:
Few users have complained that they are facing an issue where the whole game gets deleted during verification of the integrity of game cache files. Generally, verifying game files helps in restoring files that are missing. If you are one amongst those facing this issue, then waiting for a patch can be a good idea.
#3: Broken SLI Issues:
You can get rid of this issue by updating the drivers. Game ready drivers for Batman Arkham Knight has already been released by Nvidia.
#4: Flickering Issues:
While running the Batman Arkham Knight game in windowed mode, flickering issues are quite common. Also if you have outdated DirectX. Make sure to update it as early as possible. Another solution is disabling V-sync and see whether there’s any improvement in the performance or not.
#5: DLL Error while Installing the Game:
At the time of installation of games, DLL errors are always noticed to have been most consistent and prominent. These errors generally occur on deleting any software that has necessary DLL file to run the game.
And to fix the DLL error, the best and easy solution is to use the professional recommended DLL Repair Tool, this after scanning. detect and fix the DLL errors automatically
#6: Batman Arkham Knight Stuttering Issue
If you are using an Nvidia driver, you can solve the stuttering issues by setting “PhysX” option to “GPU” from Nvidia Control Panel> Manage 3D settings.
And check if the shuttering issue in Batman Arkham Knight is resolved
#7: Fix Low FPS and Lag Issues
If you are using a good GPU, then updating your Drivers can help out to be an immediate solution. This act can provide a sudden boost to your FPS. It’s also been published by a user on steam for increasing the performance in Batman: Arkham Knight. You can get it below;
Find the configuration file in the game root directory. You can find it at \steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BM Game\Config. (BmSystemsettings.ini)
- Change bAllowD3D9MSAA=False to bAllowD3D9MSAA=True (This allows you to use MSAA with D3D9)
- Change AllowD3D10=False to AllowD3D10=True (This allows you to enable D3D10 for better performance)
- Vary Texture Resolution=1 to Texture Resolution=2. This may change back to 1 after some time still you can try doing it.
- Decrease shadows to low or normal. No need to put it high, just in case to get more frames (shadows aren’t something to actually care about)
- No solution yet for motion blur.
- Turn off Bloom: Bloom=False
- Turn off Reflections: Reflections=False
- Change Allow Open GL=False to Allow Open GL=True (This allows you to use OpenGL for better performance)
So, this is all about how to fix Batman Arkham Knight errors in Windows PC/laptop. Now check out the bonus tips and play the game easily.
#Tip 1: How to Remove FPS lock in Batman Arkham Knight:
By editing the configuration file you can make changes to FPS lock. You need to find “UserSystemSettings.ini file” in the game root directory. Then open the file with Notepad and search for “MAXFPS” line. From there, you can change the FPS value as per your desire.
#Tip 2: How to Skip Intro Videos in Batman Arkham Knight:
If its first time you may love watching intro videos but watching it over and over when you fail to complete a mission, or for any other reason turns out to be irritating. In order to skip those annoying videos follow the steps below;
- First of all, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Movies (*You may need to enable Filename Extensions in the view tab to see the .swf*)
- Rename StartupMovie.swf + StartupMovieNV.swf to StartupMovie.bak
- Go to Notepad > File > Save As…
- Set “Save as Type” to All Files, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Movies and save two files…one named StartupMovie.swf and another named StartupMovieNV.swf.
So, these are the errors in Batman Arkham knight PC errors.
I tried my best to list down the entire errors in Batman Arkham Knight game encountered by the users with complete solutions.
Well, if in case any of the errors are not fixed then feel free to run the PC Repair Tool, many times due to Windows PC/laptop issues users start encountering various errors while installing or playing the game.
Hope the article helped you to solve all your issues and errors while playing the game.