Many gamers are unable to play games on PS4 as they are frequently seeing the PS4 corrupted data or PS4 corrupted database errors. The error appears in 2 different formats “The database is corrupted. The PS4 will restart” and “Corrupted Data – Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted.”?
Well, the PS4 corrupted data/database is a bit annoying as in both the cases – PS4 corrupted data or database corruption you won’t be able to play games on your PS4 and frequently see the error message on their screen
So without wasting time, let’s head to the workable solutions and other related information.
- Error 1 – Fix PS4 Corrupted Database
- Error 2 – Fix PS4 Corrupted Data
- Additional Tips: How to Prevent PS4 Database Corruption?
- FAQ: Learn about PS4 Corrupted Database/Data
Error 1 – Fix PS4 Corrupted Database
The PS4 database is a systematized collection of data. Or in simple words, the PS4 database is an automated system that lets the data be easily accessed, manipulated, and updated. Therefore in some situations, the PS4 database gets corrupted, which is a bit annoying problem.
Warning Signs of PS4 Corrupted Database:
If you are encountering below given warning signs then it is clear your PS4 database gets corrupted:
- You will get the error message PS4 database corrupted and automatically restarts.
- The game is strangely slow and takes a long time to load.
- PS4 won’t read the disc.
- PS4 stuttering when playing games.
- It is slow or moves through the menu.
You might be wondering how does PS4 database gets corrupted, below have a look at some of the common ones.
Why Does PS4 Database Get Corrupted?
Most commonly the PS4 database corruption is caused due to the corruption of the underlying platform. Moreover, there are other multiple reasons as well that cause the PS4 database corruption, so here check out some of the common ones:
- Due to an unexpected power outage
- Hardware failure
- If the file header gets corrupted then this may also corrupt the PS4 database
- Due to the storage media corruption
- Incomplete PS4 system software installation or update
So these are some of the common reasons responsible for database corruption on PS4, now follow the fixes given to fix the error like rebuilding the database, initialising the PS4, and fix the corrupted hard drive. Below follow the detailed steps to do so:
How Do I Fix PS4 Corrupted Database?
Before heading towards the fixes make sure to boot your PS4 in safe mode. And to do so, turn off your PS4 after that hold the power button until you listen to two beeps sound (One on pressing the button & another after a few seconds). Now the PS4 is booted in Safe Mode, be sure to follow the solutions given carefully.
Moreover, if in case you get stuck in the safe mode then read our guide to know how to get PS4 out of Safe mode.
Solution 1 – Rebuild PS4 Database
The rebuilding database scans the PS4 system for corrupted files and creates a new database of all content. And to rebuild the database make sure to boot in Safe Mode by following the steps given above, otherwise, you are unable to rebuild your corrupted PS4 database.
Now follow the steps given:
- After starting PS4 is safe mode > connect your PS4 controller to the console via USB cable.
- Select “Rebuild Database” and wait for the process to complete.
Please Note: The process may take several hours, so in this case make sure to turn off your console. You can also see a black screen, this is normal, be sure to wait for the process to finish completely.
Now as the PS4 database is rebuilt check if the PS4 database corrupted issue is resolved or not. Or else head to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Initialize PS4
If in case the above solution won’t work for you, then follow the below-given steps to initialize PS4. Well initializing your PS4, restores the system settings to default values, by deleting the data saved on system storage and deletes entire users and their system data as well. Make sure to boot in Safe Mode
- When you see Safe Mode screen > plugin DualShock 4 controller via USB.
- And press the PS Home button > to turn on your controller.
- Select option #7 option “Initialize PS4 – Reinstall System Software”.
Well, this option can remove your system software, and you have to reinstall it using USB. Hopefully, this mat works for you, but if not then you need to head to the next solution.
Solution 3 – Format PS4 Internal Hard Drive
If none of the above-given solutions worked for you, then possibly your hard drive is corrupted or malfunctioning due to bad sectors, or your internal HDD is not storing data correctly. So in this case you need to format it completely to fix PS4 corrupted database.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Connect to a PC/laptop, either using the two SATA cables (data and power) or using a USB external hard drive enclosure
- And as your PC identifies it performs a FULL format (not quick).
Formatting your PS4 hard drive will remove errors from the hard drive and restore the performance. Hopefully now “The database is corrupted. The PS4 will restart” is resolved. Not follow the fixes to resolve
Error 2 – Fix PS4 Corrupted Data
If you are getting the PS4 corrupted data error then this problem is specific to a game only, not the PS4 database.
So, below have a look at the signs that indicate corrupted data on PS4:
- In most cases, you will get the error message “Cannot continue using the application. The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then insert the disc again.”
- Or the error message – “Corrupted Data – Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted”
- The PS4 game screen goes black, starts lagging, or is unable to load characters.
- You may get error codes like CE-34878-0, CE-37732-2, NP-44125-6 and NP-32062-3
Now, learn how PS4 data gets corrupted, as this helps you to know the root cause and fix it easily as well as prevent it in the future.
What Causes Corrupted Data PS4 Error?
Just like the PS4 corrupted database, there are also multiple reasons responsible for the PS4 corrupted data error. Below check out some of the common ones:
- Some of your installed game data get corrupted.
- Your system files data gets corrupted
- Downloaded game file in not installed properly
- Hard drive malfunctioning
Now follow the fixes given one by one to fix corrupted data in PS4.
How Do I Fix PS4 Corrupted Data Error?
Solution 1 – Manually Delete the Corrupted Data
Well, this solution worked for many users and it is expected this may work in your case as well. So follow the steps given to fix corrupted data PS4.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First head to Settings > System Storage Management > Saved Data > Media Player.
- Then get into the Media player folder. Here the “corrupt data” saved file might appears
- Now hit the Options button > delete saved corrupt data file.
- Lastly exit.
Moreover, if the corrupted data folder you deleted includes the video game file, then feel free to reinstall the game as this will surely fix PS4 corrupted data.
Solution 2 – Delete the Downloaded PS4 Files & Re-download Them
As said above, your game data may also get corrupted during the downloading process and this is what causes the error PS4 corrupted data error.
So here it is advised to delete the original downloaded PS4 files and download them again to fix corrupt data error on PS4.
Follow the steps to do so:
- On the PS4, go to Notifications > Downloads > choose the content.
- And on your controller hit OPTIONS button > delete the downloaded content.
- Retry downloading the file.
Solution 3 – Rebuild PS4 Database
Rebuilding the database is worthy as this can solve the whole host of PS4 issues and also fix both the errors PS4 corrupted data/database.
Well in the above error, solution 1, you can check the steps given to rebuild the PS4 database and fix PC corrupted data, and as well as PS4 turns off by itself.
Hopefully, now the PS4 corrupted data and corrupted database problem is resolved. Moreover if in case the corrupted data PS4 error is not fixed yet then follow the below-given fixes.
Solution 4 – Restore PS4 Licenses
In some cases when the game license gets corrupted or out of sync with the account, it leads to data corruption on the PS4. So in this situation restoring the game licenses works for you:
To do so follow the steps given:
- Launch your PS4 and navigate to Settings
- Then click on the Account Management option
- And choose the Restore Licenses option
Solution 5 – Alternate Fixes
If yet the PS4 data corrupted error is not resolved then try the below-given steps as this may works for you to fix corrupted data PS4 error.
- If you are getting the error with the game patch, then on the home screen highlight the game application and hit the OPTIONS button > choose Check for Update
- Now if the error is with a game from PS Store > then go to Library > choose the application to download the file
- Well if still the error is not fixed then switch to the original HDD and reinstall the system software from the official PlayStation website. And as the system reinstallation is finished then try to re-download the content.
So, this is all about the PS4 corrupted database/data errors and it is estimated the solutions mentioned may work for you.
Additional Tips: How to Prevent PS4 Database Corruption?
Well, the PS4 database corruption is very frustrating, so here I am sharing with you some valuable tips to avoid data corruption.
- Rebuild the PS4 database regularly or at least once every month, even if the database is not corrupted,
- Back up the PS4 hard drive every time.
- Buy an SSD for PS4. The SSD protects from various system issues like PS4 corrupted database/data for a long time.
- Externally install the games on extended storage to keep the games safe even if the database gets corrupted.
FAQ: Learn about PS4 Corrupted Database/Data
1 - What happens when data corrupted on PS4?
If your PS4 data gets corrupted then it means that your game data or file gets corrupted and due to this you are unable to play or load the particular game on your PS4.
2 - How do I restore saved data on ps4?
You can restore the save data on PS4 with the steps given
- Go to Settings > System > then Back Up and Restore option
- Now insert the external storage device which contains the backup in one of the PS4™ USB ports.
- Next, choose Restore PS4 > and choose the backup file you want to restore.
3 - How often should I rebuild PS4 database?
Well, it depends on how often you use PS4. If you use PS4 every day, then you can do this often as once every month, more than that may be overkill.
4 - What happens if I rebuild database PS4?
Rebuilding the PS4 database helps you to rearrange and fresh your system’s files without deleting the saved data.
5 - What Can You Do to Avoid Data Loss on PS4?
The best way to avoid data loss on PS4 is to upgrade PS4 to larger HDD as this not only prevent data loss but also improve the PS4 performance. Follow the steps to do so:
- To your PS4 connect USB storage device > go to Settings.
- Go to Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Service.
- Choose items you want to back up > select Copy.
Note: To back up saved PS4 data, you need to update the system software & sign in to PSN.
- After backing up PS4 to the USB storage device, replace the PS4 hard drive with a larger one. Then turn off PS4 > and with your PS4 backups disconnect the USB drive.
- And take out your PS4 hard drive carefully > replace it with the new bigger hard drive.
- Then reinstall the system software.
- Next, connect the USB storage device to the system > enter Settings again. Go to Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data on USB Storage Device > Copy to System Storage.
- Choose the items > select Copy to move the PS4 backups to the new hard drive.
Recommended Solution to Make Your Windows PC/Laptop Error-Free
If your Windows PC or laptop is throwing errors or running sluggishly then feel free to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool.
This is a multifunctional repair tool that fixes Windows errors along with repairing corrupt Windows System files, DLL errors, corrupt registries, keeps your PC safe from file loss, and virus/malware attacks.
It helps to maintain the performance of the computer by optimizing it properly. So, try out this tool and get rid of common Window related errors and issues.
So, this is all about the PS4 Corrupted Database/Data error. I tried my best to provide the complete workable solutions to fix the PS4 corrupted database as well as PS4 corrupted data.
It doesn’t matter whether you are dealing with the PS4 Data or Database Corruption, the solutions given are highly effective and works for you.
So, feel free to follow the solutions given as per your error and start playing games using PS4 with ease.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.