Is your computer showing Nv4_disp.dll error? If yes then you are at the right place in this article you will get the complete manual and automatic solution to fix Nv4_disp.dll error. This DLL file is related with the Nvidia graphics card driver, this graphics card is generally used to enhance the performance of Nvidia components. Nvidia launched an update in Feb 2010, because of this update many users face problems like any particular file to go into an infinite loop, blue screen of death error and more. Till now not any official solution is provided by Nvidia.
What is Nv4_disp.dll?
Nv4_disp.dll is actually a type of DLL file which is associated with MSDN Disc 3015 and is developed for Microsoft for the Windows system. The latest version of Nv4_disp.dll is 126.96.36.199. Nvidia recently released an update that used to cause some users to experience this particular file in order to infinite loop and blue screen of death issue.
Common Nv4_disp.dll Error Messages
Some of the most common Nv4_disp.dll errors that used to appear on a Windows-based system are the following:
- “The file nv4_disp.dll is missing.”
- “Nv4_disp.dll not found.”
- “Cannot register nv4_disp.dll.”
- “Nv4_disp.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\nv4_disp.dll.”
- “This application failed to start because nv4_disp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot start MSDN Disc 3015. A required component is missing: nv4_disp.dll. Please install MSDN Disc 3015 again.”
All these DLL error messages appear during the installation of the program while Nv4_disp.dll software program is running during the Windows shutdown or startup or during the Windows operating system installation.
Common Causes of Nv4_disp.dll Error
Generally, Nv4_disp.dll error occurs due to missing or corrupt Nv4_disp.dll files. These are external files and it presents you the condition for something undesirable to take place.
Sometimes, when you shut down your PC improperly or you get any virus infection then it could corrupt the Nv4_disp.dll which could lead to Nv4_disp.dll error. When you get Nv4_disp.dll corruption then it cannot be loaded and will present an error message.
Sometimes, Nv4_disp.dll file error could be Windows registry error. Broken DLL file references can help you prevent your DLL file from registering and shows this DLL error. Such broken registry keys can be a result of moved DLL files, missing DLL file or leftover DLL file in the Windows registry from some unsuccessful installation of the software or even the uninstallation of the software.
Some of the other causes of Nv4_disp.dll error are:
- Malware or virus infection which has corrupted the nv4_disp.dll file
- Corrupt or invalid Nv4_disp.dll registry entry
- Another program overwrote the required version of Nv4_disp.dll
- Another malicious program or mistakenly deleted the Nv4_disp.dll file
Manual Steps To Fix Nv4_Disp.dll Errors
Step 1 – Reboot your computer into “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Press the reboot key of your computer
- Keep pressing F8before loading Windows
- A window will appear that contains the list of PC startup, use Up/Down arrow key and choose “Safe Mode With Networking“
Step 2 – Reinstall the NVidia Driver
A. Try to uninstall the NVidia Driver on Your computer
In this mode of Windows you will see that system works without crashing. Try to uninstall the NVidia driver, which must fix the errors:
- Go to the “Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs“
- Find NVidia graphics driverlistings
- Click on the “Remove” or “Unisntall” present after to the listings
- Continue with the uninstaller
- Read “Step 3“:
B. Try to Download & Install the Fresh version of Nvidia Driver
After the completion of un-installation process restart your computer in the normal mode and download the latest version of Nvidia driver from the Internet this will fix the error related to this driver. To download the latest version of this software visit the official site: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
Note: At the time of downloading you have to enter your graphics card model and operating system. So it is necessary to apply the correct details of the driver on the website.
Step 3 – Try to download and replace the NV4_Disp.dll File manually
This task is a little difficult because first, you have to download the related DLL file from internet Replacing the nv4_disp.dll file is possibly the accurate way to make your system smooth as previous. Follow the below-given guide
1) First, you have to download nv4_disp.dll file form the internet
2) This DLL file must be downloaded in the zip file, unzip it
3) Go to the path c:\Windows\System32
4) Find the current nv4_disp.dll and rename this one to nv4_dispBACKUP.dll (for further use)
5) After it Copy & paste the downloaded nv4_disp.dll file into C:\Windows\System32
6) Click Start > Run and type “cmd” to open the command prompt
7) In this window type “regsvr32 nv4_disp.dll” and hit enter key
8) Restart your PC
This method will get rid of nv4_disp.dll error form your PC, if you are still unable to get rid of this error by below given automatic method:
Automatic Method to Fix NVidia Driver Error
If you are still getting nv4_disp.dll errors on your screen then you need an automatic solution to fix it. Download PC ERROR REPAIR TOOL to get rid of this error, this tool is completely automatic and efficient tool to fix it. Simply download and install this tool on your system, it will automatically download the deleted or damaged DLL file from its server, it means you don’t need to do anything manually.
While working in Windows 10, if you notice that you have got Nv4_disp.dll error then you should try the manual solutions mentioned in this blog. Here, in this blog, you will get to know everything about Nv4_disp.dll error including its causes and manual fixes to resolve Nv4_disp.dll error. So, do not miss the solutions mentioned here and resolve Nv4_disp.dll error forever and work with an ease.