If your Windows system is throwing an error message “The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing from your computer” while running some apps or services then you should take this issue seriously.
This error message is directly related to the DLL File, when VCRUNTIME140.DLL file gets misplaced or deleted from the Windows system then you will face this error message.
DLL or Dynamic Link Libraries are the external parts of apps and services that run on Windows system. DLL files are the important part of any computer/laptop and we can’t imagine a working system without DLL files.
A single DLL file can be shared by more than one applications and services. That’s why when a dll file gets corrupted/deleted/misplaced from the system then all the linked applications start throwing DLL errors.
Here in this blog, we will discuss about an irritating error message “VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing” and trying to solve this error by applying several solutions so that you could fix the issue without need of any professional skill. But it is important to read the fixes and follow them carefully to overcome from “vcruntime140 dll is missing” error message. But before applying any solution it is important to know the causes of vcruntime140 dll is missing error.
Sometimes this error message also starts appearing after installing a Windows update or an improper installation of any program. This is for the reason that in every latest update or patch launched by Microsoft, there might be some system file or dll file missing.
- If you are facing the missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error while accessing the Adobe’s Creative Cloud. Then it is because of the Adobe Creative Cloud’s migration. Adobe’s Creative Cloud migrating from Microsoft runtimes to Visual C ++.
- DLL file gets damaged while improper installation of kodi.
- This error message won’t allow WAMP software to work.
Fixes for The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing from your computer
If you are lucky then you can easily tackle this issue just reinstalling the culprit program to fix this problem.
But, if you are still unable to overcome from this issue after the reinstallation process then follows the below-given instructions:
[Manual] Method 1: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 will help you to fix the missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error. It is recommended to follow the official Microsoft rule and install the corrupt or missing files properly; otherwise, you will have to deal with each damaged program separately.
It is strongly recommended that you should download the Visual C++ Redistributable folder from the official Microsoft’s website. Follow the below-given steps one by one]
- Open the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable official Microsoft website. And then click on the download button.
- You will be redirected to the page which will ask you to select the download you want. Here you will see two files: x64.exeand vc_redist.x86.exe. If your system is running a 32-bit operating system then choose the x86 version of the file. If your system is running on the 64-bit operating system then go with the x64 version of the file.
- Now, open the file and you will be asked to read Microsoft Software Licence Terms and agree to them in order to install the missing software piece. Tick mark on the “I agree to the license terms and conditions” and choose
- At last, check for the error. It is hoped that the problem you are experiencing should be fixed.
[Manual] Method 2: Try to Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- Open the Control Panel with admin privilege. To do this, right-click on the start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features or Add/Remove Programs according to the OS type that you use.
- Search for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) – [version number] and click
- You will see the uninstaller, Instead of clicking “Uninstall” go with the Repair option.
- At last, restart your system.
[Automatic] Method 3: Use “VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing” Error Repair Tool
If you are unable to apply the above given manual solution due to the lack of knowledge OR error is still unfixed after applying the solution then this solution is perfect for you.
Simple, download and install the VCRUNTIME140.dll File Repair Tool on your system and run it. This will scan your system and their files deeply and replace the damaged DLL file without automatically.
You don’t need to open anything else or run any command manually, simply go with this tool and it will do the rest. Along with fixing DLL errors, this tool will also help you to overcome from the all other system issues like slow PC performance, registry errors, outdated driver problem, BSoD error and more. So it is suggested to try this tool once in order to make your PC error-free and new.