Guide to Fix NETAPI32.DLL is Missing / Not Error Messages in Windows 10
“Netapi32.dll” or “Net Win32 API DLL” is one of the important DLL file of Windows Operating System. This dll file is shared by the lots of applications and games, so that once this file gets damaged or misplaced then you get unable to run the related apps and games.
Reasons behind the “Net Win32 API DLL” Errors
There are lots of internal and external causes that can turn a healthy DLL file into a damaged or corrupt DLL file. Some of them are given below:
- Because of corrupt or invalid NETAPI32.DLL registry entry.
- Computer Virus or malware infection can also damage the NETAPI32.DLL file.
- Failure of Microsoft hardware, such as a bad hard drive, graphics card and more.
- Sometime any other application or software overwrote the required version of NETAPI32.DLL.
- Deletion of NETAPI32.DLL file.
Common NETAPI32.DLL Error Messages
You may face lots of common NETAPI32.DLL errors some of them are given below:
- “The file NETAPI32.DLL is missing.”
- “NETAPI32.DLL Access Violation.”
- “This application failed to start because NETAPI32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “NETAPI32.DLL not found.”
- “Cannot register NETAPI32.DLL.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\NETAPI32.DLL.”
- “Cannot start DEVELOPER NETWORK. A required component is missing: NETAPI32.DLL. Please install DEVELOPER NETWORK again.”
Tricks to Fix NETAPI32.DLL Error Messages
Trick 1: Try to re-register NETAPI32.DLL from command prompt (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
Step 1: Go to the Start button-> search box->Type “command” but DO NOT press ENTER key -> after holding CTRL-Shift press ENTER.
Step 2: You will get a permission dialog box->Click on Yes.
Step 3: After it type the below given command: regsvr32 /u NETAPI32.DLL. Press ENTER to UN-REGISTER the file.
Step 4: Enter the following command: regsvr32 /i NETAPI32.DLL. Press ENTER to RE-REGISTER your file.
Step 5: Exit from the command prompt window and reboot the app related with NETAPI32.DLL error.
Trick 2: Try to Restore NETAPI32.DLL from the Windows Recycle Bin
It is also possible that your NETAPI32.DLL may have been unintentionally deleted. So that go to the PC’s Recycle Bin to confirming that it’s there or not.
Step 1: Open the Recycle Bin by double clicking on the recycle bin icon.
Step 2: Search for the NETAPI32.DLL.
Step 3: If NETAPI32.DLL file appears in the search results, then select it and try to move it to the below given folder:
- Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
- 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
After the executing of above given trick restart your computer to see the effect.
According to professionals it is suggested to avoid any type of modification on registry database manually. Because a small mistake can damage your entire Operating system, if you want to do any changes on registry database of your computer then first create a backup and after do whatever you want to do. If any error occurs after editing in the registry database then use the backup of your registry database and restore your registry database.
You can also fix NETAPI32.DLL missing error automatically, simply download Windows NETAPI32.DLL error repair tool. This app will make you able to repair NETAPI32.DLL error without need of doing anything manual. Simply install it and click on the scan button to fix this error, it will scan your entire system and fix all the present issue automatically. So it is the best way to fix this issue without taking any risk.