My Xbox One beeps but never turns on is a common problem reported by various Xbox one users recently. As per the users, Xbox is not turning on and producing a beeping sound and it is quite irritating.
So, if you are facing the same issue then you are at the right place. In this tutorial, we will discuss the complete possible solutions that worked for several users to fix Xbox One won’t turn on but beeps issue.
What Causes the “Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Beeps” Problem?
- Overheating: The Xbox one won’t turn on but beeps issue can happen due to overheating of the console. Overheating can happen due to various reasons like if your console is on for a majority of the time or if your ventilation is covered or the hot air cannot go out of the console properly.
- Faulty External Power Supply Unit: The issue can also be caused due to a faulty power cord or power brick. There can be any wear and tear on the power cord or the power brick can be damaged.
- Faulty Internal Power Supply Unit: The faulty or corrupted internal power supply unit can also cause Xbox One beeps but won’t turn on the problem. The internal power supply unit is one of the main components of the console and can get damaged due to overheating.
- Any Sort of Liquid on the Motherboard: The presence of any kind of liquid on the motherboard can also cause this issue. Therefore it is recommended to check if there is any kind of liquid present in the internal parts of the console.
So, these are the common culprits that are likely to cause problems with the Xbox One. Try the below-given solutions to solve the problem.
How to Fix Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Beeps
Solution 1 – Prevent Overheating
As said above, overheating can cause this issue and damage the components inside your console so it is recommended to avoid overheating your console. To prevent overheating your console follow the instructions mentioned below:
- If you were using the console or it was on standby mode for a long period of time, it is recommended to shut it down for half an hour or more to provide the console with some rest and give the inner components of the console and the brick to cool down.
- Make sure the vents are not blocked by something and clean the vents regularly so that they do get clogged up by dust or something.
Solution 2 – Soft Reset
A soft reset is reported as the most helpful fix for this issue by the players on the official game forum site. So give it a try and check if it works for you. To soft reset your Xbox console follows the instructions mentioned below:
- Unplug the power cord of the Xbox console from the wall.
- Then hold the power button of the console to discharge any reserve power.
- Now plug in the power cord again and try to turn on the console and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3 – Power Cycle
The next fix in our list is the power cycle of the Xbox One if still seeing the problem. This worked for many players to solve the problem for them as well as Xbox On crashing and freezing problem. So let’s try it. To power cycle your console follows the instructions mentioned below:
- Turn the console off and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Now check if the power light on the power brick is flickering from orange to white or not.
- Once the light will turn steady on orange, press the power button once more and check if the Xbox is turning on or not.
Solution 4 – Repeated Press the Eject button.
After plugging in the Xbox repeatedly press the eject button 10 to 15 times and then press the power button and the Xbox will turn on.
Solution 5 – Remove Liquid from the Internal Components
If your console is placed in an extremely chilled room, then moisture deposits can happen inside the console.
A leak in the cooling system can also cause the same sort of issue. To tackle these things follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Blow-dry the inside of the console through the vents.
- Turn the console upside down so that the liquid flows out from the vents.
- Leave the console for 1 to 2 days so that the internals can dry out naturally.
Solution 6 – Insert a Disc in the Disc Driver of the Xbox
This fix might sound absurd but it helped multiple people to turn their Xbox on. If the disc drive of the Xbox is vacant try inserting a small part of a disc in the disc drive and click on the power button and then again try inserting the disc in the Xbox gently and the console may turn on.
Solution 7 – Change Faulty PSU (Power Supply Unit)
If none of the above-listed fixes works for you then the issue might be caused due to the faulty or damaged Power supply unit. So here it is suggested to check for the internal as well external PSU and if required then change them.
This component is very expensive and there is no cheaper alternative present in the market. So if you are planning to change it, it is recommended to get it from a verified store and consult a professional technician to install it.
If you can afford it, it is recommended to purchase the genuine Xbox one power brick and a cord or else you can go with any other power brick and cord available in the market for Xbox one.
Solution 8 – Try Different Button Variations
If the methods mentioned above didn’t work for you, then try out different button variations and try to turn the Xbox on.
This method requires you to press the three buttons on the Xbox console together to reset the hardware. It can help you in multiple causes and it will not harm anything which is stored in the Xbox.
- Hold the entire three-button available on the console together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the eject button.
- Then hold the Power and Synchronize button for additional 15 seconds.
- Now release both of them and power on the Xbox.
- And hold the Power and Sync button again until the console turns on.
One of these methods mentioned above should solve the Xbox One beeps but never turns on the issue and turn the Xbox One on.
Best Solution to Optimize Your Windows 10/11 PC
If your PC is freezing crashing or lagging at regular intervals of time then you must switch to the advanced solution. Here, I highly recommend using the PC Repair Tool.
It is an expert tool developed by professionals in order to deal with several problems of Windows PC. Use this tool to scan your PC and fix the PC errors.
It is able to fix DLL, BSOD, registry, browser, update, game errors, repair corrupted files, protect PC from malware, boost the performance of your computer, and much more.
That’s all for our How to fix Xbox One won’t turn on but beeps issue article. I hope the solutions mentioned in the article work for you to solve the problem in your case
If in case you find any doubts or queries related to this particular article, you can get back to us on the Facebook page.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.