Twitch is a go-to streaming platform having more than 15M users. People love to watch gameplay footage on Twitch. But these ads, ugh!! It’s not just me, all users always found ads a little annoying. And, this is the reason why they use the AdBlock extension on the browser to remove ads from Twitch.
Sadly, not all users got the same luck. Some users are experiencing AdBlock not working on Twitch issue. Because of this issue, they are unable to bypass ads on Twitch even after having the AdBlock extension on the browser.
So, if your AdBlock extension is also failed to block ads while watching streaming on Twitch and wants to get this issue fixed, then you must go through this article.
Before digging straight to the fixes, first, take a look at the reasons that can cause the AdBlock not working on Twitch.
Why My AdBlock is Not Working on Twitch?
After analyzing the issue closely, I found the following causes responsible for this Twitch issue:
- Running the outdated adblocking extension
- If AdBlock settings are not well configured
- AdBlock is conflicting with other browser extensions
- Incorrect Chrome settings
- AdBlock’s filters for Twitch haven’t set optimally
How to Fix AdBlock Not Working on Twitch?
Solution 1: Switch to Different Browser
The first and the easiest way to deal with the AdBlock not working on Twitch is to switch to a different browser. It is so because might be the AdBlock extension isn’t working with your current browser.
Hence trying any other browser instead can give you a clear picture of whether your browser has a problem or something else is causing this issue. If the same problem is occurring with other browsers also, then you must go with the other mentioned solutions.
Solution 2: Update AdBlock Extension to Fix AdBlock is Not Working on Twitch
If you haven’t updated your AdBlock extension for a long time, then you may run into this issue. As we all know how technology is evolving with each passing day, all the apps, software, extensions make regular changes and add more features in order to provide the best experience to its users.
Though some extensions automatically update, while on the other hand, some don’t. So, it might be possible that the AbBlocker extension is not updating automatically. If this is the case with you, then you need to update the extension manually.
To update the AdBlock extension on Chrome, follow the below-given instructions:
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the three vertical dots given at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the More Tools > Extensions.
- On the Extension page, enable the Developer Mode.
- Click on the Update button.
- Now, all the extensions will be updated.
- Restart the browser.
- Now, open Twitch and check if the AdBlock is working on Twitch or not.
Solution 3: Modify Chrome’s Advanced Settings
There is an option in Chrome called Network Service that is responsible for running some processes and if the Twitch AdBlock extension is unable to access this service, then it may stop working.
In this case, you are required to make some changes in the advanced settings of Chrome so that the AdBlocking extension can access this service.
In order to do so, follow these steps:
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- Go to the address bar and type this path and press the Enter key:
- Go to the Search Flags box and type Network Service.
- Now, disable the following options:
Enable network service
Runs network service in-process
Data reduction proxy with network service
- Click on the Relaunch button to save the changes you have just made.
- Relaunch the browser.
- Now check if the AdBlock not working on the Twitch issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 4: Tweak AdBlock Extension Settings
Most of the Adblock extensions start blocking the ads on Twitch right from the time added to the browser. However, some extensions need a few things to be done in their settings to start working.
If your AdBlock extension is one of them, then you might need to enable some settings. Here are I am taking Chrome as an example for illustration:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the AdBlock icon given next to the address bar.
- Now, click on the gear icon to open the Settings page of AdBlock.
- Go to the General tab and select the Enable hiding of Streaming Ads on Twitch option.
- Now, restart your PC.
Solution 5: Use Filters to Fix AdBlock Not Working on Twitch
AdBlock extension comes with a list of filters – white list, custom list, and blacklist. You can either add these lists manually or can refer to online lists. So, to stop Twitch from showing ads, you can add the Twitch ads stream to the extension’s blacklist.
To apply this trick, follow these instructions:
- Launch Google Chrome > click on the AdBlock extension.
- Click on the Gear icon to open the extension’s Settings page.
- Go to the Customize tab provided in the left pane of the window.
- Click on the Edit button given next to the Manually Edit Your Filters option.
- Now, add the below-given lines to the list:
- Now, check if doing this resolves the AdBlock not working on Twitch issue.
Solution 6: Use Emulator
Twitch throws ads when you use its browser version for streaming. So if your AdBlock extension not working on Twitch, and none of the solutions get this issue fixed, then it’s better to run it on PC using an emulator.
There are a number of emulators available to run the Twitch app on PC. So, use any emulator similar to BlueStacks and get rid of this issue forever. Or, you can also install the Twitch on an Android device instead of running it on a PC or browser.
What are the Alternative Options to Avoid AdBlock Not Working on Twitch Issue?
1: Using HLS AdBlock
Twitch throws ads whenever a user starts streaming or watching a new streaming channel. These ads inject directly into the HLS stream. So, to avoid Twitch ads you can try the HLS AdBlock extension.
This extension blocks the technique Twitch staff use to display ads while streaming or watching a channel. Therefore, you must try installing this extension on your browser to fix the problem.
- To use this extension, first, you need to download the HLS AdBlock app on your browser.
- If you are using Chrome, then follow these instructions:
- Unzip the file.
- Go to this path:
- Now, enable the Developer Mode.
- Click on the Load unpacked button.
- Go to the directory where the extension is present.
- Relaunch Chrome.
- For Firefox users:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Navigate to this path:
- Now, open the HLS AdBlock extension.
- Lastly, try to stream or watch the channel on Twitch and check if the issue is gone.
2: Use Streamlink Twitch GUI
Streamlink Twitch GUI is a web app that removes the Twitch.tv ad. Additionally, it also allows users to watch streaming using any video player. So, with the use of this app, you wouldn’t need to be dependent on browsers anymore.
- To use this web app, first, download it according to your OS.
- Once the app is downloaded, install and run it on your PC.
3: Use Adguard
Adguard is another ad-blocking extension you can use to block ads on Twitch.tv. This extension effectively blocks the ads on the web page. Adguard manipulates the technique “circumvention scripts” used by Twitch to show ads on the browser while streaming.
- Download the extension on the browser using the link mentioned below:
- Now, install & run it.
4: Ublock Origin
Another efficient adblocking extension you can use is Ublock Origin. It doesn’t only blocks ads on Twitch but is also very lightweight and consumes very little CPU and memory.
Also, it comes with thousands of filters option which way more than any other adblocker extension. It is available on both Chrome and Firefox.
However, sometimes uBlock also fails to block ads on Twitch. If this ever happened to you, then you can solve this issue by following the fixes given in this guide.
5: Use uMatrix
By using uMatrix you can block the ads, scripts, iframes, etc. on the browser. So, get this extension on your browser to fix the AdBlock not working on Twitch issue.
Follow these links to add uMatrix to your browser:
6: Get Alternate Player for Twitch.tv
The Alternate Player for Twitch.tv was previously known as the Twitch 5. It removes ads from most of the live streams. This extension also allows you to watch streaming on any media player which makes this extension quite useful.
7: User-Agent Switcher
User-Agent Switcher is also a Chrome extension that can be used to block ads on Twitch. It converts the user agent into the Brave Browser to be iOS or Android.
Note: Before proceeding with this extension, make sure you have Brave Browser installed on your system with Umatrix and Ublock origin extensions.
- Launch Brave Browser.
- Add and launch User-Agent Switcher on the Brave Browser.
- Click on the User-Agent Switcher icon.
- Select the Android from the list if you wish to switch to Android.
- Now, launch Twitch on Brave Browser and check if you are still getting the pop-up ads on the screen. If Twitch still showing you ads, then hit the back button to skip the ads.
- Now, switch back to Google Chrome using the User-Agent Switcher.
8: Twitch Turbo
If your AdBlock is not working on Twitch and you hate getting ads while streaming on Twitch, then you must give a try to Twitch Turbo. The only thing that may bother some users is it is not free to sue.
You have to pay a fee to use this Twitch’s service. But I must say it worth paying and you should consider it if you really want to get rid of the ads on Twitch.
You can get a Twitch Turbo subscription by visiting this page.
AdBlock Stopped Working on Twitch: FAQs
1: Does AdBlock works on Twitch?
Yes, AdBlock blocks the ads on Twitch while streaming or watching other channels. But there could be times when you can experience issues with the AdBlock and can stop bypassing ads. In that case, you can follow this guide and fix the issue.
2: Why does AdBlock not working and stopped removing ads from Twitch?
There are several reasons behind the AdBlock stopped working issue. Some of the most common reasons are: using the outdated extension, if your AdBlock extension is conflicting with other installed extensions, or if your browser itself has an issue.
3: How can I block ads on Twitch?
You can block ads on Twitch by doing the following:
- Use emulator and run Twitch app on PC to avoid ads.
- You can use the adblocking extensions on your browser.
- Or, use Twitch on your Android/iOS device instead of running it on a PC’s browser.
4: Why does AdBlock not block all ads on Twitch?
This might be happening due to using the incorrect filters on AdBlock. As you know AdBlock extension provides a number of filters for Twitch, hence ensure you are using the right filters. If all the filters are correctly selected, then you may need to switch to Adblock Plus which is an advanced version.
Best Tool for Users Experiencing Issue with Windows PC
If you are experiencing issues with your Windows PC for a long time and don’t know how to get rid of it, then here I recommend using the PC Repair Tool.
It is the best multifunctional repairing tool that takes care of your PC without any manual intervention. You can scan your PC with this tool to fix several errors and issues, such as BSOD errors, game errors, DLL errors, registry errors, application errors, and much more.
Not just this, but this tool also secure PC from virus/malware, repair corrupted system files, prevent from sudden data loss and optimizes computer to provide the best experience to users.
So, what are you waiting for?? Click on the below link to download this tool on your PC.
So, here are the best working fixes users can go for fixing the AdBlock not working on Twitch error. All the above-listed fixes are safe, tried, and tested. So, you can try them without any hesitation.
Hopefully, after following this guide and applying the methods you are able to watch streaming on Twitch without getting any such annoying ads.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.