Battlefield 2042 is the most anticipated game of 2021 and the expectations from the game were pretty high. Some of the players who got beta access to the game reported that the Battlefield 2042 Beta Not working and stuck at an infinite loading screen.
Whereas some users reported that after launching the game, a prompt appears saying “Connecting to online services” and the game ends up in an infinite loading screen.
Beta versions of the games are for testing and these kinds of issues are very common in them.
However, if you are experiencing the Battlefield 2042 beta not working issue, then this article is for you.
To fix Battlefield 2042 beta not working issue, we recommend Advanced System Repair:
This software is your one stop solution to fix Windows errors, protect you from malware, clean junks and optimize your PC for maximum performance in 3 easy steps:
After investigating we find out that there are several culprits that trigger the error, so before heading toward the fixes learn why you are seeing the error and follow the fixes given one by one.
What Causes the “Battlefield 2042 Beta Not Working” Problem?
- Check Internet Connection: If your internet connection is not working properly or dealing with a slow internet problem then the issue can show up.
- Antivirus: Your third-party antivirus can also block the servers of the game or conflict with the game’s files and stop it from launching or running.
- System Compatibility Issue: If your computer won’t meet the minimum system requirements of the game, this issue can pop up. So make sure that this game is compatible with your computer.
- Outdated Origin Launcher: If the game or the Origin launcher is not updated this start causing various issues and Battlefield 2042 not launching problem is one of them.
- Corrupted Games files – The Battlefield 2042 Beta Not Working problem can also be triggered due to the corrupted games files and the game eventually won’t load.
So as you are now familiar with the common reasons why you are facing the problem, now follow the fixes given one by one to solve the error in your case.
How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Beta Not Working: Infinite load ‘Connecting to online services?
Table of Contents
Solution 1 – Check System Requirements
Before you try to fix Battlefield 2042 beta not working issue, we will recommend you to check the minimum requirements of the game and check if it is compatible with your system.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (Any Version) 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 6thgen or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti or AMD Radeon RX 560
- VRAM: 4 GB
- RAM: 8 GB
- Direct X Version: 12
Solution 2 – Check Game Server Status
If the system requirement seems fine but you are still unable to launch the Battlefield 2042 Beta version then there is a possibility the problem is related to the game server. Sometimes when the server is overloaded or under maintenance the game face issues like won’t load, stopped working and many other errors.
So before trying any fix visit the official EA site and check if the servers of the game are available or under maintenance.
Solution 3 – Check your Internet Connection
As said in the above section, a slow or unstable internet connection can also cause problems when running or launching the game. Many games require a stable internet connection to run the game flawlessly and if your internet is having limited bandwidth or not working properly, this type of problem is common to encounter.
In many cases restarting the router works to fix no internet access problem. Here follow the steps to start the router.
- To restart the router, press and hold the power button located on the backside of the router and wait for some time to let it restart.
- Please Note: Do not tap on the reset button as it will mess up with all the configurations in the router.
- Now once the router is online again, try launching the game through Origin launcher and check if the Battlefield 2042 beta not starting glitch is resolved or not.
Moreover, if still facing a problem then connect with your internet service provider to fix the internet issue. Also if you are having any other internet access then try connecting through it, you can also connect through your mobile hotspot connection.
Solution 4 – Change the Type and Frequency of Internet Connection
The speed of your internet connection can also be the root of this issue. To solve this you can unplug the Ethernet cable from the backside of your router and connect it to your PC in the Ethernet port to get a wired and more enhanced connection. This setup will help you to use the full potential of your internet connection.
If you don’t want to get in the hassle of a wired connection, check if your computer is connected to a 2.4 GHz band connection. If yes, disconnect it and connect it and try connecting to the 5 GHz band of the same router as the 5 GHz band of your internet connection will provide you a better speed. To connect to a 5 GHz band connection follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the connections icon on the right side of the taskbar and disconnect the current connection.
- Now search for the 5 GHz band connection of your internet. It should be named as (yourconnectionname)_5ghz.
Connect to the 5 GHz connection and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 5 – Check for Updates
If you haven’t updated your game for a while then it can cause problems while launching or running. So, make sure to check for the new update available for the game and install it. To check for updates follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Origin launcher and go to the library section.
- In the library, section right-clicks on the Battlefield 2042 and click on the check for updates option.
- If there is any update available, then install it.
- Now launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 6 – Hard Reset the PlayStation, Xbox
Try restarting your computer or hard resetting your console. To hard reset your console follows the steps mentioned below:
- Press on the Xbox button on your controller to go to the Guide menu.
- Then go to the Profile & System tab and click on the settings
- Click on the System option and select Console info.
- Click on the reset option and click confirm to start the process.
- Now, wait till the process completes.
- Sign in using your credential and install the game again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Turn off your console.
- Now press and hold the power button and the reset options will pop up.
- Select the option you prefer and let the console complete the process.
- Once the process is complete, sign in with your PlayStation account.
- Now install the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 7 – Disable your Antivirus Program
Some games and software are not allowed by the firewall or the third-party antivirus program installed on your system, this can be a reason for the issue. Hence, you need to disable or uninstall the antivirus to resolve the issue.
To disable the antivirus follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the antivirus application in the taskbar or in the Start menu.
- Now click on the settings tab and choose the disable antivirus option.
- Disable the antivirus for the duration you want.
And check if the issue is fixed, if this works for you to solve the Battlefield 2042 beta not working problem then in this case add the game to the antivirus exclusion list.
Solution 8 – Allow Battlefield 2042 Via Antivirus
Here it is suggested to use the exclusion list to stop problems related to antivirus. Doing this will stop the antivirus program to conflict with the game’s files and allow it to run without any conflict.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Enable the antivirus again.
- Then tap on the Allow an application or feature through antivirus available on the left side.
- Now tap on the allow another app option and search for the Battlefield 2042 open beta and Origin launcher.
- Now select both of them and press ok.
- After this, the Battlefield 2042 beta not working issue should be resolved.
Best Way to Optimize Your Game Performance on Windows PC
Many players encounter issues like game crashing, lagging, or stuttering when playing the game then optimize your gaming performance by running Game Booster.
This boosts the game by optimizing the system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, but it also fixes common game problems like lagging and low FPS issues.
Battlefield 2042 is in beta, which means it is still in development. So bugs like this are normal and you can expect more bugs in the upcoming beta updates before the final build of the game lands.
You can try the fixes given one by one and can skip other methods if the issue is resolved after performing a single method.
We hope this article helped you to solve the Battlefield 2042 beta not working Infinite load ‘Connecting to online services issue.
Despite this, here it is suggested to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool, as many times the game error appears due to the PC internal issues and errors, so scan your system completely to fix various Windows PC related issues and errors.
I hope, you have found this article helpful in resolving this game error. Now you can also connect with our experts on our Facebook page, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.