Since many years Control Panel has dominated system setting ground with unmatched and effectiveness success. But with the introduction of Metro UI in Windows 8.x it looks like that the hub is going to change. This launch introduces completely new panel, called PC Settings which allow the user control key computer settings and enjoy the streamlined and no-addition interface.
The Control Panel still lies on the Desktop mode this latest entry has gained quick respect among users who were looking for the informal ways to perform their task, including searching, syncing setting, personalizing screen along with executing the advanced option like Refresh, Reset the PC, setting privacy routine, logging in advanced startup etc. But before getting excited take a moment for deprived Windows 8.1 users who have broken this wonderful tool or facing other troubling issues. Ofcourse they need something more than prayers and hope. How to solve the issue: “Change PC Settings Not Available”.
Read the below method that will help you to fix to this problem.
Method 1: Use SFC Scan
Most of the broken links are due to the damaged or missing system file. It can easily be fixed by the help of SFC tool from the command prompt, verified below:
- Right-click on the lower side of your screen to launch WinX menu
- Now choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- In the prominent window type: sfc /scannow
- Click on Enter
- Now wait for the system to heal the corrupt or missing files
Now retry hitting the Change PC settings link in charms bar. If the above method fails to work then proceed to the next.
Method 2: Reregister the Link
This method involves reregistering the control panel in your system by the help of powershell command. Follow the below steps to reregister the link:
- Open the Command Prompt with the Admin as before.
- Now enter the following command and enter.
- Powershell –ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage –DisableDevelopmentMode –Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml
- Now patiently wait for the command to execute properly.
Now enter the setting bar again and see the above method to resolve the issue. In most of the case this is the best way to fix the issue. But if you still fail to resolve the issue then you can proceed to the next.
Method 3: Log into Different Account
In most of the cases the issue is connected to corrupt profile rather than software. It is can be solved by logging off current account and switching to different account.
You can do this by rebooting your system and selecting appropriate profile as an option. Once you are in you can see the menu. If not then proceed to the next.
Method 4: Reset Store Cache
If you are facing issue with the Store Cache can take part operations of whole Metro Interface. So it is advised you can reset the s data regularly and make sure cleaner slate. You can use WSReset.exe tool to execute the task and see if the issue is fixed:
- Now enter Start Screen
- Type wsreset
- Right-click on the icon from results
- Now select Run as administrator from bottom
You will be taken to Windows Store from where you can ensure the competition statement: Now the cache for the Store will be cleared.
Here you the step to perform a PC Refresh:
Use Power Option
- Access the sidebar menu by pressing Windows + I keys
- Hit on Power button
- Hold the SHIFT key and choose Restart
- It will boot you to Advanced startup
- Hit on Troubleshoot
- Select Refresh your PC
Use Command Prompt
- Open the Command Prompt
- Type the following command
Shutdown.exe /r /o
- Hit Enter
- Follow the above steps Refresh your PC