A latest update is launched by the Microsoft named as KB4056892, this update is designed for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update’s users (to fix the Meltdown and Spectre CPU vulnerabilities).
But various users reported that they are unable to install the Windows 10 KB4056892 update on their PC.
This is another update that gone wrong or buggy. If you are unable to download and install the KB4056892 update on your Windows 10 system then it is the time to solve KB4056892 update error 0x800f0845 on Windows 10. According to a report, it is found that only AMD systems are affected by this error code.
I found that only AMD CPUs are affected. Below a list of Culprit AMD processors is given:
- AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Athlon 64 X2 4200+
- AMD Athlon™ 64 3800+
- AMD Athlon 64×2 Dual Core 4400+
- AMD Athlon Dual Core 4850e
- AMD 4850e
- AMD-Athlon 64×2 5200+
- HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T
- DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+
- AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Some of the common causes that can trigger 0x800f0845 update error code are:
- Insufficient hard disk space to handle the update
- Incompatible and outdated System BIOS.
- Improperly configured, outdated, or damaged system drivers.
- Corrupted System’s driver or system service
Now, we will try several fixes to overcome from 0x800f0845 BSOD error on Windows 10,
First of all make it clear that Microsoft doesn’t provide any official workarounds to fix 0x800f0845 BSOD.
Go with the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press the START button and type TROUBLE
- Choose Troubleshooting
- And now, again select FIX “PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS UPDATE” option present in the “SYSTEM AND SECURITY” section
Or you can use the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Download the patch from Microsoft:
- Open the https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Now, in the search field present on the top right, you need to enter the KB article related to the patch (like KB3213522)
- Choose the correct version of the patch (generally all systems are 64 bit)
- At last, download and then run the file
Run the System File Checker:
- You need to run the SFC or System File Checker command on the command Window. To do this follow the below-given steps
- Press Windows + R button to open the run dialogue box. In the box, you need to type the CMD and hit enter. This will open up the Command prompt.
- At the command prompt, you need to type the SFC /SCANNOW and press enter key.
- This command will scan and fix problems on the system files.
- After completion of this command, you will need to restart your system to complete the fix.
Check for prerequisite patches:
- Open the Microsoft official website (http://support.microsoft.com)
- Now, enter the patch number – KB3206632
- Click on the article and scroll down to the bottom. Read the Prerequisite section
- After it, right Click on the Start button and choose PROGRAMS AND FEATURES
- Now, click on the Click VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES link present on the left corner.
- Now, in the SEARCH INSTALLED UPDATES field available at the top right corner, you need to type the patch number of any prerequisite
- If you are unable to find it then go get it through the catalog as in step 5
Run DISM Command to Repair the Windows Update
Press Windows + R button to open the run dialogue box. In the box, you need to type the CMD and hit enter.
This will open up the Command prompt, run the below-given commands one by one…
Set your dist to ACTIVE in Disk Manager:
First, you need to click on the START button and type DISK and click on the CREATE AND FORMAT DISK PARTITIONS
Click on the SYSTEM RESERVED partition and make sure that the word ACTIVE is on the list
If it is not then right to click on it and choose the MARK PARTITION AS ACTIVE
Some of the Other Working Solutions are:
All the bellow-given solutions are effective and can easily resolve the issues:
First, you should upgrade your computers BIOS
Now, if your system has any VPN client then uninstall all the VPN client software
Erase the temp files from c:\users\<user>\application data\temp and c:\windows\temp\
Again, erase all the old/dead user profiles
- Now, right click on the Start menu and choose SYSTEM
- Click on the ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS present on the top left of the menu
- Click on the Settings button present under the user PROFILES section and erase any old or unused profiles
Run an in-place upgrade:
In case, you don’t have a current Windows 10 DVD or ISO, you can easily create using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool. And make sure to click on the DOWNLOAD TOOL NOW and NOT the UPGRADE NOW button
Note: If you are unable to run an in-place upgrade then you can take help from- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-perform-a-repair-upgrade-using-the-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085
- Now, double-click on the EXE, and make sure to select the KEEP PERSONAL FILES and KEEP APPS
- After the completion of installation now try to install the problematic patch again.
All the above-discussed workarounds are effective and easy to apply if all ok then install this latest update and enjoy your PC/Laptop.
After fixing this issue, it is recommended to scan your Windows 10 PC/Laptop with the help of a professional PC Error Scanner. This scan is necessary to deal with all kind of PC issues like DLL errors, Registry issues, driver outdated issue and more.
This tool will also help you to deal with the slow PC performance, so apply this tool once and make your Windows system fast and error free.