Nowadays, using any computer/laptop without antivirus program is one of the dangerous things, it affect computer system and user’s personal data both. So, it is suggested by the computer professionals to install a strong antivirus program and keep them update. But Windows 10 users are facing trouble while trying to install an antivirus tool.
Also Read: Fix Dxgkrnl.sys Error on Windows 10
Below some methods are given to fix this issue, apply them carefully to install an antivirus software on this latest Windows operating system.
Fix “Windows 10 Prevents You from Installing Antivirus Software” Issue
Fix 1 – Uninstall other security too and Antivirus
This issue may also occur, if you have any other security tool installed on your Windows 10 system. Two antivirus applications don’t function fine mutually, so you should uninstall the other antivirus app before you try to install the new one. Open the Control Panel à Programs and features, here find out the security tool that installed in your computer and uninstall it. After it, try to install your desired antivirus again.
Fix 2 – Turn Off Windows Defender
Windows Defender is a famous computer security app, it is Microsoft’s built-in security tool that able to defends your Windows 10 if your system doesn’t have any other antivirus installed. This software shouldn’t generate any issues with the third-party antivirus, but there is a chance that some functions of the antivirus may conflict with Windows Defender. So, try to turn off Windows Defender, apply the below given steps to turn off Windows defender.
Step 1: Go to Settings app à Update and security à Navigate to the Windows Defender tab
Step 2: Uncheck the Real-time Protection turn off windows defender win 10
After it, your Windows Defender is disabled, try to install antivirus program again.
Fix 3 – Make sure that Antivirus program that you want to install is Compatible with Windows 10 or not
Windows 10 is the latest operating system so there are lots of antivirus programs that are not compatible with this OS. So it is suggested to make sure that your antivirus program is compatible with Windows 10 or not. Visit the official site of your antivirus software and see the compatibility section.
Fix 4: Scan your PC with Windows 10 Error Scanner
Before installing antivirus tool, it is suggested to scan your Windows 10 PC with a professional PC Error Scanner app. This app will fix all types of internal issue and remove the substances that are preventing you from installing antivirus program.
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.