Critical process died error or CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen Errors (BugCheck 0xEF) or 0x000000EF (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED) error is very dangerous and can appear in any version of windows system. This error generally appears in the following Windows versions: Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. It occurs when an important Windows system process gets unable to run correctly.
You may also Like: Steps to Fix Remote Desktop Connection Has Stopped Working in Windows 10
Symptoms of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen Errors
- System display “STOP Error 0xEF: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”
- When you get an error “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.”
- Active program window crashes with the error “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”.
- PC frequently crashes with Error 0xEF.
- “The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This shows that a critical system process died.” is appeared.
Tricks to fix 0x000000EF Error
Trick 1: Try to Run a Clean Boot
Clean booting your Windows versions can help you to get rid of 0x000000EF error only if it is caused by any third-party device or driver installed recently.
Apply the given steps to run clean boot in Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7:
Step 1: Click on the Start
For Windows Vista and 7 systems: Go to the search box and type msconfig
For Windows XP systems: open Run dialogue box -> type msconfig
Step 3: Hit Enter Key
Step 4: Go to General
Step 5: Check Selective Startup
Step 6: Uncheck Load startup items
Step 7: Navigate to Services
Step 8: Check Hide all Microsoft service
Step 9: Click Disable all and OK
Step 10: Reboot your System
Apply the given steps to run clean boot in Windows 8 or 8.1 system:
Step 1: You have to apply the same steps from Windows XP/Vista/7 given above
Step 2: Go to Startup
Step 3: Disable all startup items
Step 4: reboot your Windows 8/8.1
Trick 2: Update all system’s drivers
Corrupt or outdated system drivers can also generate the error 0x000000EF, so try to update the entire system driver.
Step 1: Click on the Start and type devmgmt.msc in the search box -> click on devmgmt or Device Manager from the search results list
Step 2: Right-click on the drive driver
Step 3: Click Update
To update the drivers automatically, apply these steps:
Step 1: Click on Start
Step 2: Navigate to the search box and type devices and printers
Step 3: Right-click on your computer’s name from the list and then click Device Installation Settings
Step 4: Select Yes, do this automatically and then click Save Changes
Professional way to Solve any Error
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.