World War 3 error code 40302 occurs due to server issues since you will be restricted from joining the servers when it is overcrowded.
This error message has two parts CHANGENAME.USER Not Authorised, followed by The Token Is Invalid.
Luckily the error is easy to fix, and this article discusses the reasons that trigger the issue along with six effective troubleshooting methods to resolve the same.
To repair corrupted Windows system files & optimize PC performance, we recommend Advanced System Repair tool:
This software is your one stop solution to fix Windows errors, protect you from malware, clean junks and optimize your PC for maximum performance in 3 easy steps:
- Download Advanced System Repair tool rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Click Install & Scan Now to install & scan issues causing the PC problems.
- Next, click on Click Here to Fix All Issues Now to fix, clean, protect and optimize your PC effectively.
What Causes World War 3 Error Code 40302?
Here is a complete list of common causes contributing to the error code 40302 in World War 3.
- The World War 3 game server is overloaded or down. Any errors or maintenance activities also cause this problem.
- The game is inactive due to any upgrading process.
- The World War 3 game and the game launcher (Steam client) do not have administrative rights permitted on your PC; hence you cannot access it with all its advanced features.
- There are a few corrupt profile data within the game, causing the error code to occur.
- Sometimes you may face the error code when there are any misconfigured installation files of World War 3 on your PC, so they do not allow the game to launch correctly.
How to Fix World War 3 Error Code 40302?
As a basic troubleshooting hack, you can repeatedly press the Try Again button until the problem is resolved. Also, try to restart your computer and relaunch the game. This will help fix any temporary problems within the PC, thereby resolving the error.
Still, if you did not attain any fix, follow these advanced troubleshooting solutions to troubleshoot the problem.
Solution 1: Check the Server Status
You may commonly face WW3 error code 40302 when the server is overcrowded. Sometimes, the game servers may be down or temporarily stopped for any maintenance activities. If so, you have to wait until the server is less occupied or check the server status and wait for a while. Follow as instructed below.
- Go to your browser and open a tab. Then, navigate to the Down detector server status page for World War 3.
- Check if you see the “User reports indicate no current problems at World War 3” message on the screen.
- If any maintenance activities are listed there, you must wait until the server issues are fixed.
Solution 2: Launch Steam & World War 3 as Administrator
You will face World War 3 error 40302 on your game if you have not granted admin rights to the game. To access all the features and settings, the game must have admin privileges, and here are a few steps to run the WW3 game and Steam as an administrator.
- Go to the shortcut file of World War 3 (present on the Desktop) and right-click on it.
Note: You can also locate the installation directory of the World War 3 game and right-click on the executable .setup file.
- Select the Properties option from the list and go to the Compatibility
- Now, tap on the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Save the changes by clicking on Apply >OK.
- Repeat the same steps to launch Steam with admin rights.
Finally, check if you have fixed error code 40302 in World War 3 game is fixed now or not.
Solution 3: Launch the Game Directly
When Steam has any bugs or issues associated with it, launching the World War 3 game via Steam may trigger the error code 40302. To confirm this, you can launch the game via the launcher and check if the error occurs again.
- Hit the Windows key and type World War 3 in the search bar.
- Then, click on Open to launch the game.
- Start your game and check if the issue recurs again.
- If you do not face the error now, you must delete the game profile data and verify the game in Steam, as discussed in the upcoming solutions.
Also Read: 5 Fixes for World War 3 Fetching Data Timeout Error
Solution 4: Delete the World War 3 Profile Data
If there is any corrupt profile data in World War 3 game folder, you will face several errors and issues, including the one in question. To resolve it, consider deleting the respective data from the game folder as instructed below.
- Open the World War 3 game via the launcher on your Windows PC.
- When the main screen opens, expand the drop-down menu of the Play.
- Then, select the Open game profile folder option from the list.
- Now, the game profile folder will open that has the progress of the game, app cache, and program data.
- Remove all the files within the folder and relaunch the game.
- Click on the Play button now and check if you face the error code.
- Now, hit the Windows key and type %localappdata%. Then, click on Open.
- Then, right-click on the Steam folder and press the Delete
- Likewise, type %appdata%, open it and delete the Steam folder here.
Relaunch the game, and now the error code will not appear.
Solution 5: Verify the Integrity of World War 3 Game
The World War 3 game may trigger the error 40302 on your PC if there are corrupt, damaged, missing, or incompatible files. Yet, it can be easily rectified by verifying the integrity of World War 3 game files as instructed below.
- Press the Ctrl+ shift+ ESC buttons simultaneously to launch the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab, select the unnecessary task and click on the End task option at the right corner to close the unwanted background tasks.
- Next, click on Steam, then tap on the LIBRARY.
- Next, go to HOME and right-click on World War 3
- Then, click on the Properties…
- Now, go to the LOCAL FILES tab, and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait and complete the verification process by following the upcoming prompts.
- Restart your computer, relaunch the game, and you will not face the error again.
Solution 6: Reinstall World War 3 Game
If you are reading this, you might not have attained any fix for your problem. So, to resolve the error 40302 in the World War 3 game, you can try reinstalling the game as instructed below.
- Launch the Steam app on your Windows PC
- Now, click on the LIBRARY
- Right-click on World War 3 and press the Manage, click on Uninstall
- Then, confirm any prompt by pressing Uninstall.
- Reboot the system and open Steam
- Now, right-click on World War 3 and tap the Install button from the available list.
Follow the on-screen instructions and install the game on your PC. You will not face any error codes with a freshly installed World War 3 game.
Best Way to Optimize Your Game Performance on Windows PC
Many players encounter issues like game crashing, lagging, or stuttering when playing the game, then optimize your gaming performance by running Game Booster.
This boosts the game by optimizing the system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, but it also fixes common game problems like lagging and low FPS issues.
Get Game Booster to Optimize your Game Performance
So, this is all about World War 3 error code 40302.
Here I tried my best to list the potential fixes to fix the error. Try the fixes given one by one till you find the one that works for you.
Despite this, feel free to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool, as sometimes, due to the PC related to the problem, the game won’t run in a dedicated manner and will show various errors. Therefore, it is suggested to scan your system with this advanced tool and repair corrupted Windows system files, other errors, etc.
Also, if there is anything I missed or you have any queries or comments, drop them on our Facebook Page. Also, don’t forget to follow us on our social media handles to get more exciting guides and helpful tips to keep your computer safe from errors and issues.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.