Ark: Survival Evolved is a game in which you need to survive in a world filled with roaming dinosaurs. Unlike other games, this is also not free from various bugs and errors.
Players are found reporting various bugs and errors with the game like Ark: Survival Evolved crashing, Loading Screen Issue, low-level fatal error bad name index, Low FPS Issues and many others.
To fix Ark: Survival Evolved game issues, we recommend Advanced System Repair tool:
This software is your one stop solution to fix Windows errors, protect you from malware, clean junks and optimize your PC for maximum performance in 3 easy steps:
Well, if you are also facing difficulty in playing the game, then this article is for you. Here you will get solutions for every issue related to Ark: Survival Evolved.
But before moving ahead here it is suggested to check the system requirements of the game, as if your system does not match the requirement of the game then you may face various issues when launching the game.
Ark Survival Evolved System Requirement
- OS: Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU
- Memory: 4000 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX11 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Hard Drive: 20000 MB
- OS: Windows 10 64
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz / AMD Ryzen R5 1500X
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
- System Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 60 GB Hard drive space
- DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
How to Fix Ark: Survival Evolved Game Errors?
#1: Ark Survival Evolved Crashing
ARK: Survival Evolved crash on startup or sometime during the gameplay is a common problem reported by various gamers. The problem generally occurs due to outdated graphic card drivers or corrupted game files.
So, if you are also unable to play the Ark game due to a random crash problem then follow the below-given fixes.
Solution 1 – Update Graphics Driver
Updating the graphic driver not only fixes the Ark fatal error crash but the freezing, stuttering, lagging and even low FPS problem. So follow the steps to update the driver.
- Press Windows + X and open Device Manager from the menu that appears.
- Now in the Device Manager window click on the Display Adapters option for expanding it and click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Here right-click on the Graphic driver that requires updating and click on the Update Driver
- Click on the Search automatically for the updated driver
- Wait for Windows to search for the updated drivers and install them automatically.
Moreover, many times Windows fails to find the updated driver manually. In this situation, it is suggested to update the graphics driver using the third-party Driver Easy tool. This is an advanced and free tool, which not only updates the graphics driver but also fixes driver errors.
Now after updating check if the Ark keeps crashing problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2 – Repair Corrupted Game Files
The corrupted or damaged game files can also cause problems when running the game so here it is recommended to verify the game files’ integrity in steam and solve the problem.
- Launch the Steam client and then click on the Library option
- Now right-click on the ARK: Survival Evolved and then choose Properties
- Next, click on the Local Files option and then click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files option
- Wait for the scanning process to finish.
Now launch the game to start playing the check if the crash problem is resolved.
Solution 3 – Set PhysX Processor in the Nvidia Control Panel
If you have an Nvidia card, it has been reported by the players that you can fix random crashes with the game by selecting a PhysX processor in the Nvidia Control Panel:
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to 3D settings and click on the Set PhysX configuration
- Select PhysX processor and select the graphics card instead of an auto-select option
- Save the changes and restart the game
These steps will make the ark survival evolved crash fix with ease.
#2: Ark: Survival Evolved Low FPS
Low FPS is one of the big issues of this game because it affects the entire gaming session. To get rid of this, right-click on the game’s name (ARK) on Steam, and change the launch options to “-sm4”. By doing this you can enhance the Low FPS.
If the above-mentioned step does not work in fixing the Ark: Survival Evolved issue then try the Game Booster to increase the Low FPS.
- It Boosts the Game.
- Never lose a save game again.
- Experience enhanced PC Gaming.
- Immortalize your best gaming moments
- Get a Better FPS Rate.
#3: Ark Appcrash Error
Many players are found struggling with the Appcrash, you can fix this issue by changing the compatibility mode to Service Pack 1. Follow the steps to do so:
- Right, click on the game executable folder in Steam/SteamApps/common/ARK: Survival Evolved folder > and then go From here change the compatibility mode to Windows Service Pack 1.
By doing this the appcrash or Ark mobile crash error is fixed.
#4: Ark: Survival Evolved Stuck on Loading Screen
Another common problem reported by various gamers is the Ark survival evolved loading screen problem. As per the gamers while launching the game get stuck on the loading screen and in some cases Ark survival evolved freezes on the loading screen.
This issue is broadly affecting a lot of gamers, and the problem generally occurs due to low RAM, or the system won’t meet the game system requirements it may get stuck and the loading takes more time.
Solution 1 – Change Launch Options
Try changing the Launch Options of the game and solve the game not launching properly. Follow these instructions to do so:
- Open the Steam and find the ARK: Survival Evolved game in your library.
- Right-click on ARK: Survival Evolved and select the Properties.
- In the General, tab click on the Set the Launch Options button.
- Enter -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 in the input field and save changes.
After changing the launch options you will no longer face the launch issue and your Ark survival evolved stuck on the loading screen issue will also get fixed.
Solution 2 – Close Background Running Tasks
The programs running in the background also conflict with the game files and stop it from loading or launching properly. So close the unnecessary processes and fix the problem.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Launch Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key
- The click on the Processes tabs and looks for the unnecessary programs running
- Now click on the End Task option
- Stop all the processes doing the same steps.
- Once you disable all the programs, reboot your system and then launch the game.
Solution 3 – Manage 3D Settings in Nvidia Cards
Sometimes bad graphics cards may affect the entire gaming session. To fix such issues go through the below-given steps:
- Go to Nvidia control panel-> 3D settings
- Disable a few of those options like Ambient Occlusion, Antialiasing, and more.
- Click on Save and restart the game.
This may improve the performance of the Nvidia driver card as well as your game.
#5: Ark LowLevelFatalError Error Fix
Ark LowLevelFatalError bad name index error is also reported by many gamers the error appears when launching the game. The error generally appears due to the missing or corrupted game files, despite this, if you have installed mods or the game optimization applications like MSI Afterburner or others you are most like to see ark fatal error
Solution 1 – Verify Game files
Follow the steps to verify the integrity of game files:
- Go to the steam library
- Right-click on Ark survival game and choose properties
- Click on local files tab
- Select the verify integrity of game files
- Now, let the verification process scan the game and downloaded files of the particular game.
- If the steam found any faulty or missing files then it will show an error message X files failed to validate and will be reacquired.
- It indicates that either some of the files are deleted or corrupted from the location
- Click on the Close button to download or replace the missing files.
After completing the above steps and getting the missing game files, it helped you to get Ark fatal error fix with ease.
Solution 2 – Disable the Game Optimization
As said above the game optimization software is also causing the problem, so if you are using any software then disable it. Below follow the steps to Game optimization in the Geforce experience.
- Click on the Start Menu and look for the Nvidia GeForce experience
- And as the application appears click on the Gear icon
- Then left-click on the Games tab and uncheck the option Automatically optimize newly added games
- Save all the changes and then run the games to see if the error still appears or not.
Moreover, if the Ark low-level fatal error still appears then uninstall mods as the third-party mods installed might be causing the error.
#6: Fix Ark: Survival Evolved No Audio
This happens when you run the game in very low memory mode. If you select this mode then the game tries to preserve memory anyway it can and runs the game without audio.
So, run your game in normal mode and try to update your sound card drivers. the outdated driver can also cause no sound or audio problems.
Update the sound driver by heading to the manufacturer’s website and find the recent driver update and install them.
Moreover, you can also update the sound driver automatically with the b Driver Easy to update the driver, it will automatically update system drivers and fix other driver-related issues.
Best Way to Optimize Your Game Performance on Windows PC
The majority of players face issues like game crashing, lagging, or stuttering while playing the game if such is your condition then optimise your gaming performance by running Game Booster.
This boosts the game by optimizing the system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, but it also fixes common game problems like lagging and low FPS issues.
So these were the solutions to the errors, and issues of Ark: Survival Evolved. Try the solutions given as per the error you are facing.
Sometimes it happens that because of PC issues, players encounter various errors when playing or launching the game, in this case, try running PC Repair Tool to fix game errors. Scan your system completely to fix various Windows PC-related issues and errors and enhance the performance of your old computer.
Hope that the above solutions helped you in fixing all your errors and making your gameplay as fun as before.
It is expected you liked this article and it helped you in solving all your queries. If in case you have any queries or doubts regarding this article feels free to get back to us on our Facebook page.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.