Are you getting error code 0x80070652 while running or installing any app on your PC? If your answer is YES then you need to read this article till the end.
Generally, this error code appears with error message ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING which indicates that another installation process is active or running. There are various other users who encountered this error message in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) window.
Causes of error code 0x80070652
Some of the common causes of error 0x80070652 are as follows.
- When you run more than one Windows installer processes at the same time.
- Due to the previous update installations failed.
- When the users are trying to download any application while Windows is upgrading the system.
- Damaged or corrupt Windows registry
- Outdated or not working system drivers
- Because of the unexpected system crash
Now coming to the point, let’s start applying few solutions one by one in order to overcome from this irritating error.
Fix 1: Make Sure if any updates failed to install in the near past
- Go to the start menu and type Windows Update.
- Click on the Windows Update from the search results and then choose Update History.
- Here you can see the list of updates that were installed. Below each of the updates, you need to see the status and find out that they are failed to install or installed successfully.
- You need to deal with those update that has failed to install. Click on them and it will open up the Windows Knowledge Base article. Here you can learn how to proceed with the incompletely installed update.
Fix 2. Run Clean Boot
- Open the run dialogue box (press Windows + R) and then type msconfig and press Enter key.
- This will open up the System Configuration window, click on Services tab.
- Check Mark all Microsoft Services box and then choose Disable all.
- Again, click Ctrl + Alt + Delete to Open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup and turn off all apps that are set to boot along with Windows system automatically.
- At last, restart your PC and check for the BSOD 0x80070652 error by installing or updating any software.
Fix 3. Run the Batch Script
In this solution you need to create a batch file and run it:
In order to create Windows Update Reset Script, first, open the Notepad on your system.
Take a new file and then paste the following text into Notepad:
echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update
attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2
attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.*
net stop wuauserv
net stop CryptSvc
net stop BITS
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old
ren “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader” downloader.old
net Start BITS
net start CryptSvc
net start wuauserv
echo Task completed successfully…
After it saves the file as “WUReset.bat” (including quotes)
Now, you need to run this script. To do this, right click on it and select Run as Administrator
Restart your PC after running the whole process, and check for updates once again.
Fix 4: Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is specially designed to get rid of any types of update error. Simply follow the given steps carefully to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Step 1: Go to the search option and search for the Windows Update, and select Windows Update settings.
Step 2: Click on the Troubleshoot present at the left pane.
Step 3: Then go to the Windows Update, and then click on the Run the troubleshooter.
Step 4: Now, you have to simply follow the on-screen instructions to accomplish the troubleshooting process.
Step 5: At last try to update the available update to see if the error is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Go with the Media Creation Tool
With the help of Media Creation Tool, you can install and upgrade your system without any error.
Step 1: First, you have to download the Media Creation Tool from the official website of Microsoft.
Step 2: After downloading, install the tool on your system and run the tool.
Step 3: Click on the Upgrade PC now.
The tool will provide all the updates available for your Windows 10 system.
Fix 6: Try to Update Manually
In order to get rid of the error code 0x80070652 or skip it while installing a particular update then go with the manual update method.
Step 1: Go to your web browser and search and open the Microsoft Update catalog.
Step 2: Now, you have to search for the update file using the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Step 3: Download it and then run the file.
At last, reboot your PC.
That’s all about error code 0x80070652, it is hoped that after applying the above fixes your PC is now error-free and running smoothly.
After fixing this issue, it is suggested to scan your PC/Laptop with a professional PC error repair tool. This is the scanner that able to free up your PC from any types of error codes and issues. Via this software, you can fix all types of error and make your PC fast.