We know that DLL file is one of the most important system file, in Windows system one DLL file can be shared by more than one installed application. It is actually a shareable file and so that when a single DLL file gets damaged then you may get lots of different warning messages. Mfc100.dll file is also a very important system file and once deleted you may have to face lots of issues and errors. Some of the common error messages are given below which will appear when mfc100.dll file gets damaged or inaccessible.
- “Mfc100.dll not found.”
- “The file mfc100.dll is missing.”
- “Mfc100.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register mfc100.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\mfc100.dll.”
- “Cannot start Microsoft® Visual Studio® 10. A required component is missing: mfc100.dll. Please install Microsoft® Visual Studio® 10 again.”
- “This application failed to start because mfc100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
This error is generally occurs because of any internal or external error, some of them are given below:
- Invalid or damaged mfc100.dll registry entry.
- Computer Virus or malware may also damage the mfc100.dll file.
- Hardware failure like Smartdraw, Llc, hard drive, which has damaged the mfc100.dll file.
- Sometime required version of mfc100.dll get overwritten by another version and so that required version gets inaccessible.
- Mistakenly deletion of mfc100.dll file.
- Another application uninstalled the mfc100.dll file.
Mfc100.dll error may occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
Steps to fix “mfc100.dll” error
Before applying any given methods first you have to boot your PC/laptop into safe mode.
Step 1: Sometime “mfc100.dll” file gets deleted by mistake so you can check the “Recycle Bin” folder present on the desktop. If found then restore “mfc100.dll” file from the recycle bin.
Step 2: If step 1 is unable to solve your issue, then run the installed antivirus on you Windows PC and make sure that you PC/laptop is virus and malware free. It is probable that some computer viruses or malware may damage your DLL files.
Note: Always run a complete system Scan.
Step 3: Try the System restore option to undo any recently executed changes. Through this you can get back the files that you might have removed or misplaced.
- Open the search box and type “Recovery”
- Left click on the “Settings” bar present on the right side of the screen.
- After it left click on the “Recovery” icon.
- A window will pops up left click on “Open System Restore”.
- Select the recommended restore present on the screen.
- Left click on “Next” present on the lower side of the Window.
- Again click on the “Finish” present in the lower side of the screen.
- Wait until the system restore finished.
If you are still unable to get rid of this error then you have to go with the automatic option, under this you have to download and install a DLL Repair tool. This tool is very effective and able to deal with all types of System related issues like DLL Error, Registry Error, Slow PC, PC Crashing etc. So this app will make your PC error free and fast.