Operating a slow computer or laptop is one of the most irritating thing ever, no matter what operating system is loaded or what type of hardware your system contains but after few months it turn into a slow computer. In this blog you will read the unknown facts about your computer and tricks to make them fast without need of any professional skill.
You may also Like: Tricks to Fix Red Screen of Death on Windows 10
Performance of any computer or laptop can be affected by lots of internal and external things like installing unnecessary apps, size of system driver and more. Below some tricks are given that may help you to enhance your PC’s performance.
Uninstall unused and needless programs/applications
It is the basic thing used to free up the system’s memory, by removing unwanted or unnecessary application from your computer may enhance the PC performance. Bu it is really very difficult to choose program for uninstalling because all of them seem important, you can follow this rule: Figure out those applications which aren’t used by the user in the last month. Through this trick you can easily get rid of unwanted software and free the occupied system space, that are really necessary to boost Windows performance.
Replace faster alternatives with your everyday Applications
There are lots of programs that have its alternative, if the installed applications require too much computing power or system space to operate then it is suggested to choose their alternative. Replace them with applications that do the same job as them but faster and need small system space. Below a list of hogging applications are given that you can replace:-
- You can replace your resource intensive antivirus software with the lightweight Microsoft Security Essentials.
- OpenOffice is one of the best alternatives of Microsoft Office, it is an open source alternative that also packed with amazing additions.
- Replace the Adobe Reader with the free Foxit Reader.
- Replace your web browser with the latest versions of Internet Explorer i.e. IE 10 and above. The latest version of IE is less resource intensive. You can also replace the older internet explorer with either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Try the Performance troubleshooter
You can also apply inbuilt Performance troubleshooter, this tool is able to automatically find and fix issues. This app will checks all types of issues that can slow down your computer’s performance, it will verify how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.
How to run Performance Troubleshooter
Click on the Start button -> Control Panel. Type troubleshooter in the search box, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.
Disable SuperFetch & PreFetch
Superfetch is a Windows service that is specially designed to enhance app launching by preloading certain apps based on user usage patterns. But sometimes it can have some unenthusiastic effect on the system’s performance. If you are suffering from a slow computer system then you can try to disable it.
Go to the start screen and type services.msc.
In the Service manager Window search for superfetch.
Open the property of superfetch by double clicking on and then choose “stop”.
Choose “disabled” that is present inside the “Startup Type” drop down menu,
Click Apply and then OK to save your changes.
Select the Services Manager and restart your PC to have the change take effect.
Apply the same process for prefetch.
All the above-given tricks are very effective and able to make your Windows system fast. All the given tips are compatible with the different versions of Windows like windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows vista and Windows XP.
Tool to Speedup your Windows system
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.