[Solved] INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error in Windows 10
This error message generally occurs when user upgrade their Windows system to the latest version of operating system i.e. Windows 10. This version of operating system becomes very popular among the users but after completion of upgrading process there are lots of errors or issues gets generated. “INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE” error is one of them irritating error that comes along with the Windows 10.
If your system or laptop display INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error then it means that the Windows operating system has misplaced access to the system partition throughout startup. Because of this error, the windows generally shut down automatically with a Blue Screen or Stop Error to defend itself from possible data corruption or loss.
INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE
Below some tricks are given that will help you to fix this error.
- First you need to edit boot device, go to the boot option and set the boot priority according to your requirement.
- If your system has any recently added hardware then remove it and see what happens.
- Verify the version of disk firmware and make sure that it is compatible with Windows 10 or not. If firmware version is incompatible then update it to the latest firmware version.
- If you recently installed a driver then restart your PC and go to the Advanced Boot Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. Boot system into Safe Mode and try a system restore or a Rollback.
- This error may also occurs because of hard disk corruption, to verify the hard drive you may execute Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. If you are unable to boot into Windows then use the Recovery Console and then execute Chkdsk /r or you can also run Chkdsk from the Repair Console.
- If error message is start appearing just after the upgrading then you can use Media Creation Tool, download this using another system and save it to a USB device. Through this you can perform a clean install, by clicking on the setup file or booting from the USB. If installation need product key then click on the Skip this step. Windows 10 will activate automatically, when you sign in to Microsoft account.
If you are unable to fix this error by the help of above given solution then you may have to fresh-install your earlier version of Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 operating system and activate it. After it upgrade to Windows 10, activate it and after it clean install Windows 10 with the ISO.
You may also go with the automatic solution to get rid of any PC Error, use Windows Error Repair software and make your Windows 10 Error free. This application doesn’t needs any professional knowledge to fix this issue.