Do you undergo the error code 0x80004002, while trying to update the Windows operating system or running the Windows update, then we have got you covered? Learn the complete information about the error 0x80004002 and how to fix the windows update errors to make the process smooth and error-free.
The Windows update error 0x80004002 is an error related to corruption of the registry entries, or when you try to install the latest Windows version programs. These are the common reasons responsible for the error code 0x80004002.
“There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80004002)”
Despite this, it is also acknowledged there are some other culprits as well responsible for the Windows update error 80004002 in Windows 7, 8 & 10 such as abruptly installation of Windows OS, damages system files, incomplete uninstallation of the Windows programs, virus/malware infection.
Hence, to fix the Windows Update Error code 0x80004002, we have compiled the suitable solutions to fix the error code 0x80004002 in Windows 10, 8 & 7.
Easy Way to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80004002
Well to fix the error code 0x80004002 in Windows 10, 8, 7, you can try the easy solution if you are technically advanced, run the professional recommended PC Repair Tool, this is an advanced repair tool, that is capable to fix various Windows errors and issues just by scanning once, and also help you to optimize Windows performance.
Alternate Solutions to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80004002
#Fix 1 – Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
It is recommended to scan your system with the inbuilt Windows update troubleshooter, to fix various Windows update errors.
Here follow the steps to run it:
- Click on Start > Settings > press Enter
- Now move to Update & Security >
- And locate the Windows Update, > click Run the troubleshooter.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, restart your system.
Now check if the Windows update error code 0x80004002 is fixed or not.
#Fix 2 – Scan Your System for Malware
As it is stated above due to virus infection the error code 0x80004002 or Windows update error 80004002 appears while updating the Windows operating system.
Well, the Windows update offers updates that remove the effect of malware, so many viruses, and malware target Windows updates to stop it from installing or working properly.
So, scan your system with a security program you are having or make use of the Windows Defender. Also, make sure the security program is updated to keep your PC/laptop safe.
#Fix 3 – Repair Corrupt System Files
The Corrupt system file also causes Windows update error code such as 0x80004002. You can fix corrupt system file and repair them by using the given steps:
- Press Windows+ R key > type cmd to open Command Prompt as admin
- And in a command prompt > type sfc/scannow command > hit Enter
- Now let the whole scanning process to finish
After completing the scanning process check whether the Windows update error 0x80004002 is fixed or not, if not then head to next solution.
# Fix 4 – Troubleshoot Network
If you are still encountering the error code 0x80004002, then it may happen you are having the network issues, so, follow the below-given steps to fix the network problems.
For Windows 7:
- Open Start menu > Control Panel > Proceed to Network and Internet
- Now enter the Network and Sharing Center > choose to Fix a Network Problem
- And the network troubleshooting guide appears, this helps you to go through the fixing process.
For Windows 8/8.1:
- Open Start menu > Control Panel
- And continue to Network and Internet > go to View network status and tasks
- Choose to Troubleshoot problems > Network and Internet Troubleshooter open again
Make use of it to fix the error 0x80004002 in Windows 10, 8, 7.
For Windows 10:
- Hit Windows key + S > in Search box > type Network troubleshooter
- Now choose Identify and repair network problems and follow the instructions.
Hope this works for you to fix the Windows 10 update error 0x80004002.
#Fix 5 – Manually Reset Windows Updates Components
This solution will help you in restart BITS (Background intelligent transfer service) and Windows update service which will help you to fix error code 0x80004002 while updating Windows.
Follow the steps given carefully:
- Press Windows+ R key > type cmd and run the below commands > hit Enter after each command
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Lastly, close the Command Prompt.
Be careful while typing the commands in the command prompt and after completing everything try updating Windows and check if the Windows update error 0x80004002 appears or not.
#Fix 6 – Repair Corrupt Registry
Well, as we already discussed above the error 0x80004002 appears due to Windows registry corruption or damage. Therefore, you need to repair the corrupted Registry files but this is very risky as a small mistake while modifying the registry can damage your entire system.
So, in this case, we suggest you make use of the professional recommended Registry Repair Tool, to fix registry corruption easily.
#Fix 7 – Register System Files
To download and install the Windows updates, important Windows system files are required (in .dll format). And if the systems files are not registered, then Windows update error code 0x80004002 may crop up.
Follow the steps to register missing system files:
- Hit Windows Key + R
- In Run windows > type the given command one by one > click OK:
- regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s
- regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s
- Now restart your system > run the Windows update.
# Fix 8 – Download Windows Update Manually
Instead of depending on Windows update, try installing Windows update manually. You can get the needed update from Microsoft’s update catalog.
Follow the steps to update Windows 10 manually:
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog in a browser.
- Enter the update code appears in error message in the website search box.
- Now, hit the Search button > choose download.
- As you download the Windows update > run setup file > follow the installation prompts.
- And after completing the update process> restart the Windows PC/laptop.
Hope the given solutions work for you to fix the Windows update error 0x80004002 in Windows 7, 8, 10 but if not then follow the last solution to get rid of the update error.
#Fix 9 – Perform Clean Boot
If none of the above-given solutions works for you then, the only option left is performing a clean boot
Follow the steps to perform a clean boot:
- Press Windows+ R key
- Type msconfig and click enter
- Click on Service tab > select Hide All Microsoft Services > Disable all
- Next, click on the Startup tab > Task Manager.
- And select all the startup items > Disable > and close Task Manager
- Restart your Windows PC/laptop
Now It’s Your Turn
So, this is all about the error code 0x80004002 appears while updating Windows 7, 8 & 10.
Follow the steps given to resolve the Windows update error 0x80004002 easily. Also, make sure to follow the solutions carefully to avoid further corruption.
Also, if you are not tech savvy or unable to follow the manual fixes, then run the PC Error Repair Tool, to fix various Windows errors and issues automatically.
If you want to share your thoughts, having any questions or anything that I missed out, then follow us on @ http://ask.pcerror-fix.com