SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE is another Windows 10 BSoD error that interrupts the entire session and reboot your PC after showing BSoD error. This type of Blue Screen of Death errors are often generated because of damaged or incompatible hardware. If your computer is suffering from this issue then you need to fix this as soon as possible in order to prevent other future damages.
Symptoms of SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE Blue Screen Errors
- “SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE” appears and crashes the active program window.
- “STOP Error 0xDA: SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE” is displayed.
- A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0xDA when running the same program.
- System performance decreases or takes more time to respond.
- “The SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE bug check has a value of 0x000000DA. This indicates that a page table entry (PTE) routine has been used in an improper way.” is displayed.
Causes of SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE Blue Screen Errors
- Wrongly configured, old, or damaged system drivers.
- Windows registry database corruption can also generate this type of error messages.
- Computer virus or malware infection.
- Driver clash after adding new hardware to your system.
- Error 0xDA blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
- SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
Tips to Fix a Blue Screen of Death Error
In order to fix BSoD error you should apply the below given tips and tricks, all of the discussed methods are effective and able to solve this issue with ease.
Tip 1: Make sure that the system drive has enough free space, because of low system drive space Blue Screens of Death, data corruption and other serious issues can appear. Remove the junk files from the system drive in order to make some space, you can take the help of a third party tool to cleanup system drive.
Note: According to Microsoft, at least 100MB of free space is necessary but it is suggested for Windows users to keep at least 15% of a drive’s space free.
Tip 2: Did you just added any hardware component to your system OR installed a new program, updated any driver, download/install an update, and more? If your answer is Yes, then there is a very good chance that the recently execute modification made caused the BSOD.
Undo the recently executed change and verify again for the STOP Error. Some solutions are given depending on the changes made by you:
Solution 1: By restoring you computer or laptop with the help of System Restore option you can undo any recent system changes.
Solution 2: Boot your system using Last Known Good Configuration, through this you can undo recent registry and system driver modifications.
Solution 3: Roll back device driver to its prior version.
Tip 3: Make sure that your system is virus free: Due to some computer viruses, a Blue Screen of Death error can appear. It is because, some virus directly affects master boot record (MBR) or boot sector of your system that cause BSoD error.
If you have antivirus program in your computer or laptop then make sure that it is updated, also confirm that it’s able to scan the MBR and boot sector.
Tip 4: Make sure your Windows system is packed with latest service packs and other updates. Necessary patches and service packs are regularly releases by Microsoft for their operating systems to fix bug and other type of issue. These updates and patches are also useful to solve BSOD issue.
Tip 5: Make sure that drivers of your hardware are updated: Sometime outdated or damaged system driver can generate Blue Screens of Death error. This error is directly related with hardware or driver so updating system drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.
Tip 6: Check all the internal cables, cards, and other components are properly installed. If hardware is not decisively installed in their place then it can cause a Blue Screen of Death.
- Reseat all the internal data and power cables
- Reseat the memory modules
- Reseat any expansion cards
Tip 7: Execute diagnostic tests on all hardware, you can take the help of any computer professional. According to a report the root cause of any Blue Screen of Death error is a failing piece of hardware:
- Check and test system memory or RAM
- Also verify and test system hard disk drive
Tip 8: Update System BIOS: Sometime outdated system BIOS could generate a Blue Screen of Death error. This is because of incapability issue. You can solve this situation by simply updating your system BIOS.
Tip 9: Boot your system with necessary hardware: By starting your computer or laptop with minimum hardware can troubleshoot many system issues that including BSOD error. So, boot your computer with the minimum hardware which is necessary to run the operating system. If you are able to starts you computer then it is clear that one of the removed hardware devices was the cause of the STOP error message.
Generally, the only necessary hardware for booting your PC includes the motherboard, CPU, RAM, primary hard drive, keyboard, video card, and monitor.
How to find what hardware is the cause of Blue Screen of Death?
- Replace the hardware.
- Confirm that hardware’s firmware is updated.
- Confirm that all the added hardware is in the list of Hardware Compatibility.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website for support information.
How to find what software program is the cause of Blue Screen of Death?
- Make sure that all the installed application is updated if not then update them as soon as possible.
- Reinstall the software.
- Visit the developer’s website for support information.
Ram testing by Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool:
The Window memory Diagnostics Tool is the inbuilt memory testing software provided by Microsoft, with the help of this inbuilt app you can test your system memory for any types of error in Windows Vista, Window 7, windows 8 or 8.1 & windows 10.
Step 1: First of all open run dialogue box, press windows + R key simultaneously to open run command. In run window type “Mdsched” and then hit enter.
Step 2: You will see the Window memory Diagnostics Tool window with two options to select:
Step 3: Choose any one that suits your conditions and just after when your windows boots you will able to see your screen like this:
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.