Methods to Fix Hid.dll Not Found or Missing Errors
Hid.dll file is one of the important DLL file, when this system file gets damage or corrupt then you will face different types of error and issues. Hid.dll error messages can come into view while installing certain applications or using them, when starting Windows or the time of shut down. Due to lack of this DLL file you may face different issues such as Opening apps will be slower, slow response times and more. There can be many causes of this error including too much startup entries, registry errors, hardware/RAM decline, unnecessary or redundant program installations and more.
You may like: Tricks to Fix Urlmon.dll Not Found or Missing Errors
Common Hid.dll Error Messages
- “Hid.dll not found.”
- “The file hid.dll is missing.”
- “Hid.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register hid.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\hid.dll.”
- “Cannot start Platforms, SDK/DDK. A required component is missing: hid.dll. Please install Platforms, SDK/DDK again.”
- “This application failed to start because hid.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “hid.dll cannot be found.”
- “This program can’t start because hid.dll is missing from your computer.”
- “hid.dll is missing.”
- “There was a problem starting [path]\hid.dll. The specified module could not be found.”
- “Runtime Error. hid.dll pure virtual function call.”
- “Access Violation File [path]\hid.dll”
- “Unable to launch the software located at path: [path]\hid.dll”
- “This application requires the file hid.dll, which was not found on this system.”
More specifically, these hid.dll errors can be caused by:
- Due to damage or invalid hid.dll registry key entry.
- Computer virus or malware may also affect the hid.dll file and make them damaged.
- Bad hardware, such as a damaged hard drive can damage the hid.dll file.
- Hid.dll file overwrote by another application or program.
- Mistakenly deletion of the hid.dll file.
Tricks to Fix Hid.dll Errors
Note: If you are unable to operate your system in normal mood then boot Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps.
Trick 1: Restore from Recycle bin: Check system recycle bin for hid.dll file, this is very common possible cause of a “missing” hid.dll file.
If you think that you’ve unintentionally deleted hid.dll file and already emptied the Recycle Bin then you need a professional way to restore Deleted DLL File.
Trick 2: Run a Complete virus/malware scan: it is above discussed that hid.dll errors could be connected to a computer virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. By scanning your entire computer system or laptop with a strong antivirus or antimalware program can make this DLL file free from any types of virus infection.
Trick 3: Do System Restore: If you are getting the hid.dll error just after doing any change to an important file or configuration then by restoring System could fix this issue with ease.
Trick 4: Reinstall the related App/Program: If you are seeing hid.dll error while using a particular program then immediately reinstalling the specific program. Through this you can replace the file with ease. First uninstall the related app and after it install the app with the help of a fresh copy.
Trick 5: Update the System drivers: Outdated system drivers may also generate this issue, so make sure that drivers for hardware devices are updated or not. If you’re receiving a “The file hid.dll is missing” message when you try to play a 3D video game then try updating the drivers for your video card. It is recommended to use professional System Drivers Updater and update or repair any System Drivers.
Trick 6: Run sfc /scannow: This command is to verify the System Files, via this command you can replace a missing or damage copy of the hid.dll file (Only if this DLL file is provided by Microsoft).
Trick 7: Make sure Windows is updated: Install any available Windows updates, there are many service packs and other patches released by Microsoft to replace or update DLL files on your computer. It is possible that hid.dll file could be included in one of those updates and by downloading those patches this issue should be fixed.
Trick 8: Repair installation of Windows: If you are unable to fix the hid.dll file error after applying above tricks then it is recommended to run a startup repair or repair installation. Via these processes you should restore all Windows DLL files.
Trick 9: Use a Professional registry cleaner: In order to fix the hid.dll related issues you can try a professional registry repair tool. A free registry cleaner app may be able to deal with this issue by removing invalid hid.dll registry entries that might be generating the DLL error.
Trick 10: Run a clean installation of Windows: By installing a fresh Windows will remove everything from the system drive and install a fresh copy of Windows OS. You can try this option to get rid of this error but it is suggested to make a backup of your system first before trying this solution.
Automatic Way to Fix Hid.dll Error Messages
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.