Complete Guide to Fix Internet Connection Not Working After Windows 10 Creators Update
The Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703) is the update came with lots of features…
…(Top 7 Features of Windows 10 Creators Update & How to Get Windows 10 Creators Update?) and issues as well.
Some common issues appear just after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update are:
In this blog we will discuss about “Internet Connection Not Working” issue and trying to fix this type of problem. Simply follow the below given fixes:
Fix Internet Connection Not Working via Windows PowerShell
Apply the below given commands on Windows PowerShell
- Press Win + X simultaneously and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Type the command line:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled.
- And hit the Enter key.
Verify Network Card Driver
Sometime updating Windows can affect the network card driver and generate several Internet issues.
Make sure that the Network drivers are updated and compatible with this latest update.
Misplaced or incompatible network card drivers will generate various network issues such as
not working WiFi adapter,
no LAN access, etc.
Go to the Device Manager and search for the network card drivers.
If there are yellow exclamation marks along with the network adapters then it means driver is corrupted, damaged, misplaced, outdated etc.
Repair or update the installed driver to make the Internet connection normal.
Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter
This latest Creators Update, Microsoft makes the Troubleshooting task easier for the users.
You will get a single troubleshooting page with various issues.
Here you will find the Internet Connection Troubleshooter, it allows user to troubleshoot Internet connection-related issues.
Follow the below steps:
- Open System Settings by pressing Windows key + I.
- Go to the Update & Security and then Troubleshoot option.
- After it open the Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
- Process will take time to complete and probably fix the internet related issues.
Try after Resetting TCP/IP stack
This trick will help you to fix the internet connectivity issue if the root cause is related to TCP/IP stack.
To fix the issue you need to reset TCP/IP stack.
Simply obey the below given steps:
- Run command Prompt with the admin privilege
- Type or copy paste the below given commands and dot forget to press Enter after every like or command:
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
At last, after executing all the above given command restart your PC/Laptop and then try to connect to the internet.
Local Group Policy Editor
After updating process sometime QoS settings gets mismatched and hence affect the Internet.
To get rid of this issue you need to go to the Local Group Policy Editor and do some modifications.
- Press Win+R to open Run dialogue box.
- In the run box type gpedit.msc and press enter.
- Click on the Computer Configuration to expand its options then click on the Windows Settings.
- Right-click on the Policy-based QoS present on the right sight.
- Choose Advanced QoS settings.
- Select the Inbound TPC Traffic tab (as shown in the below image).
- Tick mark the “Specify the inbound TPC throughput level” option.
- Select “Level 3 (maximum throughput)” and at last you need to click on the OK in order to save all the changes.
- Reboot your computer and then try to browse internet.
That’s all, above given 5 fixes will make your Internet connection Perfect.