The registry is the main database of the HP that stores all the information and play a important role for operating the system. It is the most important part and is necessary for the proper functioning of the program, utility and process. These registry file keeps a track of everything of your computer and keeps the necessary for the proper functioning of every program to work correctly on your HP computer. But in this even the registry files may get damaged and come across to corruption or simply gets overloaded with entries. The reasons behind these are many installation or un-installation of application, Viruses and spyware infections, and many more. You can easily clean it by using free program and wipe out all the unnecessary, damaged and corrupted entries of HP registry files and optimize the performance of the PC. Here are some steps to clean your registry files:
- Firstly click on the “Start” button then type “Regedit.exe” without the quotes on the search box and then press “Enter” to open the Registry Editor.
- Then click on the “computer” which is present on the left sidebar if it is not already selected. This ensures the entire backup of the registry before you attempt to edit or change it.
- The click on the “File” and then click on the “Export” and select the desired location to backup your file which you can find easily by typing the file name of your choice then click on “Save” option.
- Then use a free registry cleaner or maintenance program such as PC Repair Tool. This simple and easy tool scans your registry and performs the basic cleanup and maintenance for you so you don’t need to go throughout the registry yourself.
- Then open the program and then locate the registry functions or simply click on the Registry button.
- Then scan your HP registry. This will take not more than a minute on the most computers. When the scanning gets completed it will display all the list of the issues that are found and which you want to correct. You may even have a look the list and uncheck or deselect any changes you do not want the program to make.
- After this complete the cleaning and repair function by selecting the appropriate button and proceed with the process. This fixes all the issues that are related old and useless entries that aren’t used anymore.
- After completing all these changes you need to restart your computer again.