How to view or change a Hosted Network settings in Windows 10
Windows 10 is packed with a function known as Hosted Network. With the help of this option one can turn the Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot. Hosted Network is packed with the Netsh (Network Shell) command-line tool, which helps to create a virtual wireless adapter or “Virtual Wi-Fi”. If you want to view or modify a Hosted Network setting in Windows 10 then apply the following steps.
How to change a Hosted Network settings in Windows 10?
To change the SSID
Step 1: Open the command prompt and type:
NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork ssid=Your_New_SSID
Step 2: Hit enter key.
To change the Passphrase
Step 1: Again type the below given command in the command prompt:
NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork key=Your_New_Passphrase
Step 2: Hit Enter key.
How to view the current Hosted Network settings in Windows 10?
You can use any from the below given two commands to view the Hosted Network settings on your Windows 10 computer:
Command 1: This command displays the mode and SSID name in use, max number of clients that can connect, type of authentication, and cipher:
NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork
Command 2: With the help of this command you can see the current network security key among other settings, same as the previous command:
NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork setting=security
Recommended Scan for Windows 10!
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.