Are you getting “Windows cannot find wuapp.exe” error message when trying to run Windows update or install Windows programs or executing any program? If your answer is yes then don’t worry because this blog contains the complete guide through which you can easily fix this issue. This type of error appear when wuapp.exe file gets missing or corrupt, once this happens then Windows fails to load the program and generates Windows cannot find wuapp.exe file and not able to access the specific program error.
You may also like: How to deal with csc.exe Errors? Computer shuts down by itself
Wuapp.exe is actually an EXE file which is developed by Knmi that help Windows operating system load the application for accessing. Once this file gets inaccessible users fail to run the program and it prompts windows cannot find wuapp.exe error. If it happens then you may see any of the following error messages on your computer screen:
- “Wuapp.exe Application Error.”
- “Wuapp.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “Wuapp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “Cannot find wuapp.exe.”
- “Wuapp.exe not found.”
- “Error starting program: wuapp.exe.”
- “Wuapp.exe is not running.”
- “Wuapp.exe failed.”
- “Faulting Application Path: wuapp.exe.”
Causes of Windows cannot find wuapp.exe Error
There are various factors that can affect this file and make it inaccessible or corrupt, some of then are given below:
- When Registry keys related with wuapp.exe file gets damaged or corrupt.
- Deletion of wuapp.exe related files either accidental or by mistake.
- Incomplete installation of Windows operating system
- Computer virus or malware can also affect the wuapp.exe related application
- Inappropriate registry entries may also cause missing or damaged files of the program
How to fix Windows cannot find wuapp.exe Error
It is necessary to fix this issue as soon as possible, because it may lead to any serious issues like OS failure, app corruption, slow computer system, unable to install some applications, and more.
Apply the below given tricks to solve this issue:
Trick 1: Reboot your computer in safe mode and run SFC command.
Trick 2: Uninstall the recently installed programs and try to install again with a fresh copy.
Trick 3: Also make sure that hardware devices are OK
With the help of above given manual method you can get rid of Windows cannot find wuapp.exe Error in Windows 10 or any other computer system. But if you are unable to run these tricks or given tricks are not helpful then you should try a professional PC Error Repair tool. This software is able to deal with Windows cannot find wuapp.exe Error without any issue.
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors. Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually. This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills. Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present inside your computer/laptop. You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advance technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Back-up Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built in scheduler – It comes with a built in scheduler that scan your PC automatically after a fix time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool you can make your registry database error free, it can removes all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manage cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fix all types of invalid application shortcuts.