How to Fix MSVCP120.dll Missing Error?
Dynamic Link Libraries or Dll is the collection of modules that contains functions and data uses by Windows application to perform and run optimally.
On a Windows system, while running the device updater for inhabitant instrument hardware devices,
you might get some error messages concerning a missing “MSVCP120.dll” file. MSVCP120.dll is necessary for many modern programs and games to run as it is one of the dynamic link libraries from Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.
Problem: MSVCP120.dll missing error normally caused by misconfigured system which created registry error in your operating system.
It causes computer freezing, slow PC performance, system crashes, lock-ups and more.
There are different Dll error messages that might shows up on your PC.
Some Common DLL ERRORS are:
- “Msvcp120.dll Not Found”
- “Msvcp.dll Missing”
- “This application has failed to start because Msvcp120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may not fix this problem.”
- “Msvcp120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
Cause of DLL ERRORS
This error usually occurs while the old programs are being completely uninstalled and the new programs are installed over old ones.
This causes error messages and registry pile-ups. Another reason for these error messages are malicious software such as viruses, spyware, malware.
There are three ways to fix this error. Apply them one by one and get rid of dll errors.
Methods to Fix MSVCP120.dll Missing
Method 1: Installation from hard drive.
- Go to folder C:\programs Files (X86)\origin_Games\Die Sims4\_Installer\vc\vc2013\redist
- Double click on vcredist _X86.exe to install.
Method 2: You can fix this error by downloading Dll file to your computer.
- Download Msvcp120.dll file to your PC.
- Copy the file to the install directory of the program that showing missing Dll file error.
- You have to move the Dll file to the system directory if it does not work.
- In Windows NT/2000 – C: \WINNT\System32
- Windows 95/98/Me – C: \windows\System
- Windows XP/Vista, Window 7 – C:\Windows\System32
4. If you are using 64 bit version of Windows then the system directory in C:\windows\SysWow64\
5. Reboot your computer.
Method 3: If the above mentioned methods do not help you to fix Dll error then you need a professional way to handle it. You can use Msvcp120.dll Repair Tool.
By using this tool, you can able to fix any type of Dll error without need of doing anything manual.
It is specially designed to deal with Dll error. You just simply have to download and install this software into your PC as this application is very easy to operate and use and easily fix and any error effectively.