Dynamic Link Libraries or Dll is the collection of modules that contains functions and data uses by Windows application to perform and run optimally.
On a Windows system, while running the device updater for inhabitant instrument hardware devices,
you might get some error messages concerning a missing “MSVCP120.dll” file. MSVCP120.dll is necessary for many modern programs and games to run as it is one of the dynamic link libraries from Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.
Problem: MSVCP120.dll missing error normally caused by the misconfigured system which created registry error in your operating system.
It causes computer freezing, slow PC performance, system crashes, lock-ups and more.
There are different Dll error messages that might show up on your PC.
Some Common DLL ERRORS are:
- “Msvcp120.dll Not Found”
- “Msvcp.dll Missing”
- “This application has failed to start because Msvcp120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may not fix this problem.”
- “Msvcp120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
Cause of DLL ERRORS
This error usually occurs while the old programs are being completely uninstalled and the new programs are installed over old ones.
This causes error messages and registry pile-ups. Another reason for these error messages are malicious software such as viruses, spyware, malware.
There are three ways to fix this error. Apply them one by one and get rid of dll errors.
Methods to Fix MSVCP120.dll Missing
Method 1: Installation from the hard drive
- Go to folder C:\programs Files (X86)\origin_Games\Die Sims4\_Installer\vc\vc2013\redist
- Double click on vcredist _X86.exe to install.
Method 2: You can fix this error by downloading Dll file to your computer
- Download Msvcp120.dll file on your PC.
- Copy the file to the install directory of the program which are showing Dll error.
- You have to move the Dll file to the system directory if it does not work.
- In Windows NT/2000 – C: \WINNT\System32
- Windows 95/98/Me – C: \windows\System
- Windows XP/Vista, Window 7/8/10 – C:\Windows\System32
4. If you are using 64 bit version of Windows then the system directory in C:\windows\SysWow64\
5. Reboot your computer.
Method 3: Re-Installing Application
Re-install the application that showing msvcp120.dll. error message. For example: If you are trying to run a video editor but instead of opening this software showing Msvcp120.dll error message then you need to re-install the video editor.
So, you need to uninstall and again install the fresh copy of the faulty app or software. This will solve DLL errors with less effort.
Method 4: Update the Faulty App
You should also check that the application is updated to the latest version or not. If you are using an outdated version of app then immediately install the latest version of application or software. this will help you to get rid of any incompatibility issue.
Method 5: Update Windows System
Make sure that your PC/Laptop is packed with all required or available system updates. If not them download and install the available update, as the outdated system can generate incompatibility issue.
Method 6: Update the System Driver
Update all the outdated system drivers, if your system contains any outdated system driver then fix it immediately. You can do this task by either going through manually or using a professional Driver updater tool.
Manual updating can be little tricky but using automatic driver updater is very easy.
Method 7: Go with Automatic Solution
If the above-mentioned methods do not help you to fix Dll error then you need a professional way to handle it. You can use Msvcp120.dll Repair Tool.
By using this tool, you can able to fix any type of Dll error without the need of doing anything manually.
It is specially designed to deal with any kind of Dll errors. So, you need to just download and install this software on your PC and it will scan -> fix PC errors.