Cities: Skylines has been recently released on Steam and until now there are positive reviews from the user’s side but some of them reported some errors and bugs in the game. This is newly release game which is modern take on the classic city simulation, it is an introduction to a new game play element that realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining the real city whilst that expands some of the well established tropes of the city building experience.
Most common Cities: Skylines Errors has been reported from the users side: Random Crashes, Unknown Errors, Cities.exe has stopped working, Black screen, missing executable and other kind of minor bugs are listed below in details with how to fix them.
Cities: Skyline Random Crashes, some of the players have encountered random crashes during the game or when they start the game the PC gets shut down while they are playing. You may even encounter crashes when you try to save the game or when you exit the game.
You may experience errors when you shutdown the game:
“Faulting application name: Cities.exe, version: 188.8.131.52127, time stamp: 0x54dc75a7
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll_unloaded, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504002″
Cities: Skyline Unknown Error in some players are unable to start the game and for receiving the errors: “Game Failed To Start (Unknown Error)”.
Cities: Skyline cities.exe has been stopped working, you may get this error at every instances but the most common is when you launch the game.
Cities: Skyline Black Screen, in this error it is easy to fix and can follow the tips below:
You may see your game is in old version and some of the strange problems may exit the game and you can verify the integrity of the game cache via steam.
If you are playing in a laptop and have the performance issues then make sure that you are using the integrated GPU, this is a especially a potential problem if you are running Windows 8.1.
If you get the new game/load the game greyed or blacked out? This means that something bad is with the installation. Then try to verify the cache, reinstalling, restarting stream and see if that solves the issue! For the Mac users then you will see the grey menu items this may lead to permission problem!
1) Firstly launch the Finder. 2) Then go to the Menu > then Go to the folder. Enter ~/.config/ 3) then you need to select the .config and press ⌘-I to open folder properties 4) then share and permission change all access from Read to Read and write. 5) Then you need to launch the game.
Cities: Skyline Missing Executable, you need to make sure that you have the 64 bit OS version because the game cannot run on the 32 bit OS version.
Cities: Skyline Won’t Launch, some of the users just need to click on the Play on Steam and nothing happens the game will not launch.
For fixing these errors you need to make use of patch that is offered by the PC Repair Tool, this helps you to fix all these annoying errors. This patch won’t interfere with your Steam account you will not get banned sp you are safe and if the game developers come up with new updates of the game you can install it with any problem.
How to fix Cities: Skylines Errors:
1) Firstly you need to download the PC Repair Tool
2) Then select the folder where you installed the game, if you used the default Steam folder to install the game you need to select: C:Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common
3) Select the graphics card: AMD or Nvidia and click on the Check to make sure that it is updated and that is compatible with the game.
4) From the ‘Errors’ box right panel select your error.
5) Click Verify & Patch and wait until the patch is done.
6) Now you need to restart Steam and start the game
This patch will help you to fix your Cities: Skylines Errors. It will help you to eliminate all kinds of issues that are related to the Cities game whether the crashes, unknown errors, stopped working or missing of executable file.