“You’ve been signed in with a temporary profile” error is a latest issue on Windows system. It appears when user log on to a Windows user account. Because of this error user may get unable to some of your desktop icons & files. This error message appears within a notification pops up in the right bottom corner of the taskbar, that say:
You may also like: Methods to Repair Windows 10 Recovery Loop Error without a Reinstall
“You’ve been signed in with a temporary profile. You can’t access your files, and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this, sign out and try signing in later. Please see the event log for more details or contact your system administrator.”
If you are a windows 7 user then the error message looks like:
“You have been logged on with a temporary profile. You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off. To fix this, log off and try logging on later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system administrator.”
This is actually a common issue that usually occurs when the user profile was accidentally removed or deleted from the system. All the changes that you make to the current desktop are misplaced after you log off the system. If you are suffering from this issue then don’t worry because you are at the right place, apply the below given guide to fix temporary profile issue in Windows 10, 8 and 7.
Steps to Fix “You’ve been signed in with a temporary profile” Error
Step 1: First of all you need to find the SID (Security Identifier) of your user account, SID is actually experiencing the temporary profile issue and displaying the notification.
Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys. Type cmd and press Enter.
Step 2: In the Windows command prompt type the below given command:
Note: Replace Tom with your user name.
wmic useraccount where name=’Tom’ get sid
Step 3: Once you find the SID, close the Command Prompt. After it you have to start fixing the registry settings. Open registry editor window, press Windows + R keys to open the Run box and in the dialogue box type regedit and hit Enter.
After opening the Registry Editor Window, navigate to the below given registry subkey:
Step 4: To see the SID keys for all the users on the system you need to expand the ProfileList subkey. After finding the SID of your affected account, click on that SID key (without .bak), you’ll see the “ProfileImagePath” entry in the right pane that points to a temporary profile.
Step 5: After it, double-click on the ProfileImagePath entry to edit the values data. Type the accurate profile path and click OK. In case you don’t know the correct profile location, open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Users.
For example: C:\Users\Tom.
Step 6: Right-click on your old SID key that is created as .bak, and then click on Delete.
After finishing above given steps, restart your computer. You will see that the temporary profile error should be solved.
Scan Your PC For Other Errors:
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.