Is your Windows 10 PC or Laptop showing ‘Your Windows license will expire soon‘ error message?
If your answer is yes and you are suffering from any type of Windows 10 activation errors on your Windows 10, then this blog will help you to get rid of these types of issues with ease.
Well, we all know that activating or updating Windows system is one of the difficult tasks for users, as it involves different types of problems and errors.
But you can’t fully enjoy your windows 10 system without activating your copy of Windows, as lots of Windows 10 features require activated Windows.
In this blog, we will discuss about the error “Your Windows license will expire soon”, and apply the different solutions to overcome this irritating error message easily.
There are mainly three types of messages related to the “Windows license will expire soon message” issue. All of them have different characteristics and appearance:
1: Your Windows license will expire soon but Windows is activated – This is one of the common error, reported by many users. This error can appear on both activated and non-activated windows system.
2: Your Windows license will expire soon HP, Dell, ASUS – This error message is generally reported by the HP, ASUS and Dell owners.
3: Your Windows license will expire soon keeps popping up – This is one of the irritating error messages as it can appear frequently. Every time when you try to open any program, service or app then this error will pop up.
# Fix “Your Windows license will expire soon” Via Manual Reactivation
- To do this, first, you need to open Command Prompt with admin privilege. Click on the start menu -> right click on the Command Prompt and then select “Run as Administrator”
- Now, type slmgr -rearm command in the command prompt and hit Enter key to run this command. Click OK button when Command completed successfully message. Restart your system.
- After rebooting the system, navigate to the Activation pane in the Settings app. Click on Change product key button there.
- After it, type your licensed unique product key to activate the computer or laptop and you will see that the error gets fixed.
# Fix “Windows License Expire Soon” on Windows 10 via Windows License Management Service
- In the search box type Services.msc.
- After opening msc windows, you need to “Disable” or “Stop” two services. First is “Windows License Management Service” and the second is “Windows Update”
- Search for the Windows License Management Service in the service.msc window.
- Now you need to disable this service, double click on it to disable and stop this service.
- After it, find Windows Update and disable it.
- Double click on it to disable and stop this, windows update service.
- At last, reboot your PC/Computer.
# Fix “Windows License Expire Soon” on Windows 10 via Activation Troubleshooter
In case your system is running on Windows 10 Version 1607 or later then you should go with the Activation Troubleshooter to find the issue and fix it automatically.
The Microsoft Activation Troubleshooter is very useful, you need to simply run this troubleshooter and all of the update issues are get fixed automatically.
Steps to Run Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter
Go to the Settings app and then Update & security > Activation.
In this window, various random activation errors are listed that preventing your system to activate.
Click on the Troubleshoot option to launch Activation troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will detect the problems automatically and fix necessary settings accordingly.
After the troubleshooting is finished, Close the troubleshooter.
# Make Sure that the Product Key Was Applied Successfully or Not
First, you have to find the product key of your system using the command prompt, do that, follow the below-given steps carefully:
1. Run the command prompt with admin privilege.
2. After it, execute the below-given command:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
3. Executing this command will display your OS’s product key. Write down it and save it at a safe location.
4. Now go to the Settings app (by pressing Windows Key + I). After opening the Settings app, go to the Update & security section.
5. Click on the Activation option present at the menu on the left side. Click on the Change product key.
6. At last, type the product key that you saved. Click on the Next button.
Above discussed steps will help you to activate your system and the error message will be fixed.
# Fix “Windows License Expire Soon” on Windows 10 via Task Manager
Step 1: First you have to open the task manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and select the Task Manager.
Step 2: After opening the Task Manager go to the Processes tab and search for the Windows Explorer, right-click it and select End Task.
Step 3: Click on the File and select New Task.
Step 4: Type the explorer.exe and hit Enter key.
After it, you have to execute the below given command on the Command Prompt to complete this process.
Open the command prompt with the admin permission. To do this, press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
Now, in the Command Prompt window type slmgr –rearm and hit Enter key to run this command.
At last, reboot your system.
# Fix “Windows License Expire Soon” on Windows 10 by changing your Group Policy
In order to modify the system’s Group Policy, follow the below given steps:
Step 1: Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows Key + R. In the run box type gpedit.msc and hit Enter key. This will open up the Local Group Policy Editor window
Step 2: Now, in the left pane go to the Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
Step 3: At the left pane double click on the No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations.
Step 4: Choose Enabled and click on the Apply and OK to save all the modifications.
Some other tricks to solve ‘Your Windows License Will Expire soon’ for Windows 10
Restore a Backup from a Restore Point
Try to restore your system to a previous point where you had an activated version of Windows 10.
- Go to the Start Menu and search for the advanced system settings, open it.
- Navigate to the System Protection tab and click on the System Restore
- Now, in the System Restore box, choose a backup according to your need (it depends on the how far back you want to restore your backup). Click on the Next and follow the steps.
- Your PC will reboot and restore automatically to the previous backup selected by you.
Reset your PC
In order to get rid of “Your Windows License will expire soon; you need to activate Windows in PC settings” on your PC you should reset your PC or Laptop.
- Go to the Settings app by pressing Windows + I key.
- Go to Update & security > Recovery and click on the Get Started button.
- A popup will appear for choosing how you want to carry on with the reset.
- Either select to save all your files (Keep my files) or erase everything (Remove everything).
- Select Keep my files in order to save your files and program data.
- After it, click on the Next. Windows 10 system will reboot and reset your Computer by removing all the programs and their registry entries.
Note: All of your previous data still present on the C:\ drive safe.
Thus, all the above-given solutions are very effective and after applying them you can easily deal with ‘Your Windows License Will Expire soon’ on Windows 10. But before applying any of the methods it is recommended to take the backup of your system.
As the backup will help you to deal with any type of error that can appear while applying the above-given solutions. So, first create a backup of your system and then apply them one by one.