[Solved] ‘Your Windows License Will Expire Soon’ For Windows 10
Is your Windows 10 PC or Laptop showing ‘Your Windows license will expire soon‘ error message?
If your answer is yes and you are suffering from any type of Windows 10 activation errors on your Windows 10, then this blog will help you to get rid of these types of issues with ease.
Well, we all know that activating or updating Windows system is one of the difficult tasks for users, as it involves different types of problems and errors.
But you can’t fully enjoy your windows 10 system without activating your copy of Windows, as lots of Windows 10 features require activated Windows.
In this blog, we will discuss about the error “Your Windows license will expire soon”, and apply the different solutions to overcome from this irritating error message easily.
Fix “Your Windows license will expire soon” Via Manual Reactivation
- To do this, first, you need to open Command Prompt with admin privilege. Click on the start menu -> right click on the Command Prompt and then select “Run as Administrator”
- Now, type slmgr -rearm command in the command prompt and hit Enter key to run this command. Click OK button when Command completed successfully message. Restart your system.
- After rebooting the system, navigate to the Activation pane in the Settings app. Click on Change product key button there.
- After it, type your licensed unique product key to activate the computer or laptop and you will see that the error gets fixed.
Fix “Windows License Expire Soon” on Windows 10 via Windows License Management Service
- In the search box type Services.msc.
- After opening msc windows, you need to “Disable” or “Stop” two services. First is “Windows License Management Service” and the second is “Windows Update”
- Search for the Windows License Management Service in the service.msc window.
- Now you need to disable this service, double click on it to disable and stop this service.
- After it, find Windows Update and disable it.
- Double click on it to disable and stop this, windows update service.
- At last, reboot your PC/Computer.
Fix “Windows License Expire Soon” on Windows 10 via Activation Troubleshooter
In case your system is running on Windows 10 Version 1607 or later then you should go with the Activation Troubleshooter to find the issue and fix it automatically.
The Microsoft Activation Troubleshooter is very useful, you need to simply run this troubleshooter and all of the update issues are get fixed automatically.
Steps to Run Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter
Go to the Settings app and then Update & security > Activation.
In this window, various random activation errors are listed that preventing your system to activate.
Click on the Troubleshoot option to launch Activation troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will detect the problems automatically and fix necessary settings accordingly.
After the troubleshooting is finished, Close the troubleshooter.
Some other tricks to solve ‘Your Windows License Will Expire soon’ for Windows 10
Restore a Backup from a Restore Point
Try to restore your system to a previous point where you had an activated version of Windows 10.
- Go to the Start Menu and search for the advanced system settings, open it.
- Navigate to the System Protection tab and click on the System Restore
- Now, in the System Restore box, choose a backup according to your need (it depends on the how far back you want to restore your backup). Click on the Next and follow the steps.
- Your PC will reboot and restore automatically to the previous backup selected by you.
Reset your PC
In order to get rid of “Your Windows License will expire soon; you need to activate Windows in PC settings” on your PC you should reset your PC or Laptop.
- Go to the Settings app by pressing Windows + I key.
- Go to Update & security > Recovery and click on the Get Started button.
- A popup will appear for choosing how you want to carry on with the reset.
- Either select to save all your files (Keep my files) or erase everything (Remove everything).
- Select Keep my files in order to save your files and program data.
- After it, click on the Next. Windows 10 system will reboot and reset your Computer by removing all the programs and their registry entries.
Note: All of your previous data still present on the C:\ drive safe.
Thus, all the above-given solutions are very effective and after applying them you can easily deal with ‘Your Windows License Will Expire soon’ on Windows 10. But before applying any of the methods it is recommended to take the backup of your system.
As, the backup will help you to deal with any type of error that can appear while applying the above-given solutions. So, first create a backup of your system and then apply them one by one.