Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error code 0x800F0922
If you are receiving an error code 0x800F0922 when upgrading Windows 10 means that your system does not have sufficient free space in the System Reserved partition or your system is not able to connect with the Windows Update Servers. It is not a very common issue as some of the users encounter this error code while upgrading their Windows. Here in this blog you will read about this error code and their solution.
Common indication of this error include,
- Windows users are not able to open application after attempting to upgrade Microsoft Windows 10.
- A dialog box displays with the error code 0x800F0922
- Windows 10 upgrade is incomplete or unsuccessful.
Causes of the error
Here are some reasons because of this error occurs,
- Due to VPN (virtual private network) connection in your office network, your system was not able to connect to the Microsoft Windows update servers successfully.
- .NET framework installation portion of the Windows 10 upgrade fails.
- Your system does not have sufficient free space in the System Reserved partition.
Methods to fix error code 0x800F0922
Those users who are having this error when upgrading their Windows can follow the given methods to fix the error code.
- First disconnect from your home network or office network.
- Turn off your VPN software.
- After then, again run the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade.
- Restart your System.
- Reconnect to your office or home network
- Turn your VPN software back on.
NOTE: The above method is for those users who are operating on a network that uses VPN connection.
- Click on the Windows icon on the lower left corner of your desktop.
- To open the “Search” function, press the “W” key.
- In the search field, type “troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
- Once the troubleshooting Windows opens, select the “view all” option from the left Windows pane.
- After then, choose “Windows Update”.
- Select “Advanced” option and then choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Click on “Next” button and follow the on screen prompts.
- After then, you will get the steps that you are needed for particular situation.
NOTE: The above method will run the Windows Update troubleshooter that is built on your system.
- On your keyboard, press the “Windows key” followed by the “x” key.
- Select the “Command prompt admin” option.
- In to the command prompt field, type “exe/online/cleanup-image/scanhealth” and press “Enter”.
- Wait until the scan to run completely.
- After then, into the command prompt field, type “dism.exe/online/cleanup-image/restore health” and press “Enter”.
- This will take some time to run completely but it wills able to restore corrupted or missing files that are necessary for the Microsoft Windows 10 update.
- Restart the computer and perform the upgrading process again.
NOTE: The above method will run the DISM tool built into your system.
- Press the “windows” key followed by the “x” key.
- Select the “control panel” option.
- Once the control panel windows opens, click your cursor in the search field on the upper right hand corner.
- After then, search for the “windows features” phrase and select the link “turn Windows features off or on”.
- Select the check box to the box next to “.Net framework”.
- Click to “OK” button and perform the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade again.
NOTE: Apply the above given method if you believe that the issue is occurring due to the .NET framework.
Hope you are now able to fix the error code by using the above mentioned methods. If you are still can’t get rid of the error code 0x800F0922 then you need a professional tool which is PC Repair Tool to fix it automatically. This application is capable in detecting any kind of system errors, restore settings, windows registry and also acts as a guard to maintain and tune and run PC smoothly with maximum speed. You don’t need any manual method to use this software, you can simply install and run this tool fix any kind of system error.