In Windows system all the dll files are important, in case any one of them gets misplaced or deleted from their specific location then you will receive different types of error messages.
The AutoRun.dll file contains lots of important information on “how the application or a Windows service needs to execute”.
Once this system file gets misplaced or deleted, all of the related or linked app/services get affected. In such condition, a user may face trouble while executing the program or using the computer in a proper manner.
Some common autorun.dll errors that can appear on a Windows computer are:
- “Autorun.dll not found.”
- “The file autorun.dll is missing.”
- “Autorun.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register autorun.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\autorun.dll.”
- “Cannot start Windows 8 Pro. A required component is missing: autorun.dll. Please install Windows 8 Pro again.”
- “This application failed to start because autorun.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Causes of AutoRun.dll error:
- Because of damaged or invalid registry key of AutoRun.dll file.
- Computer virus or malware has injected malicious code or altered AutoRun.dll file.
- The original AutoRun.dll file was removed by other application.
- The necessary version of AutoRun.dll file is overwritten by other application.
- Due to damaged hardware, such as a bad hard drive.
Tricks to Fix Autorun.dll Errors
Note: If you are unable to operate your system in the normal mood then boot Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps.
Trick 1: Restore from Recycle bin: Check system recycle bin for Autorun.dll file, this is the very common possible cause of a “missing” Autorun.dll file.
If you think that you’ve unintentionally deleted Autorun.dll file and already emptied the Recycle Bin then you need a professional way to restore Deleted DLL File.
Trick 2: Run a Complete virus/malware scan: it is above discussed that Autorun.dll Errors could be connected to a computer virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. By scanning your entire computer system or laptop with a strong antivirus or antimalware program can make this DLL file free from any types of virus infection.
Trick 3: Do System Restore: If you are getting the Autorun.dll error just after doing any change to an important file or configuration then by restoring System could fix this issue with ease.
Trick 4: Reinstall the related App/Program: If you are seeing Autorun.dll error while using a particular program then immediately reinstalling the specific program. Through this, you can replace the file with ease. First, uninstall the related app and after it installs the app with the help of a fresh copy.
Trick 5: Update the System drivers: Outdated system drivers may also generate this issue, so make sure that drivers for hardware devices are updated or not. If you’re receiving a “The file Autorun.dll is missing” message when you try to play a 3D video game then try updating the drivers for your video card. It is recommended to use professional System Drivers Updater and update or repair any System Drivers.
Trick 6: Run sfc /scannow: This command is to verify the System Files, via this command you can replace a missing or damaged copy of the Autorun.dll file (Only if this DLL file is provided by Microsoft).
Trick 7: Make sure Windows is updated: Install any available Windows updates, there are many service packs and other patches released by Microsoft to replace or update DLL files on your computer. It is possible that Autorun.dll file could be included in one of those updates and by downloading those patches this issue should be fixed.
Trick 8: Repair installation of Windows: If you are unable to fix the Autorun.dll file error after applying the above tricks then it is recommended to run a startup repair or repair installation. Via these processes, you should restore all Windows DLL files.
Trick 9: Use a Professional registry cleaner: In order to fix the Autorun.dll related issues you can try a professional registry repair tool. A free registry cleaner app may be able to deal with this issue by removing invalid Autorun.dll registry entries that might be generating the DLL error.
Trick 10: Run a clean installation of Windows: By installing a fresh Windows will remove everything from the system drive and install a fresh copy of Windows OS. You can try this option to get rid of this error but it is suggested to make a backup of your system first before trying this solution.
You may also like: Keyboard and Mouse Not Working after Windows 10 Upgrade
[Automatic] Fix Error Code 0x7E and autorun.dll is Missing
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors.
Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually.
This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills. Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present in your computer/laptop.
You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advanced technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Backup Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows the user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built-in scheduler – It comes with a built-in scheduler that scans your PC automatically after a fixed time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool, you can make your registry database error free, it can remove all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manages cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help the computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fixes all types of invalid application shortcuts.