DNS error generally occurs due to the incorrect DNS settings, changed IP Address and Firewall issues. Sometimes because of outdated data or incorrect information containing HOSTS file may also generate this error. Still, if you don’t remember adding listings to a HOSTS file, it silently may contain listings, for the reason that some Internet accelerator tools edit them automatically without giving you any notification. Open your HOSTS file by using Notepad and see if the website you cannot connect to is listed there or not. If it is in the list then delete the entry, and after it, you should be able to connect.
Before fixing the DNS error, apply the given things
- First of all, check the internet connection of your system.
- Verify the security software, and see whether or not it is jamming the websites.
- Also check that the error is only for some websites, or for all. If this error is only for some websites then it is probably a temporary issue.
- Also, make sure whether it is an internet browser issue or not.
After verifying the above-given things you are unable to fix the issue then it is sure that the DNS is unable to connect to the PC, and this issue can be fixed by the following steps.
Please follow the steps given here and you will able to connect your Windows 8/7 with DNS. (Using Command Prompt)
- Open the command prompt the command prompt window by typing cmd on the run box.
- In command box type “netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt”, to reset the ip of the system.
- Again type “netsh winsock reset”. This command will almost certainly prompt to restart the PC, but don’t do it now.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns, which will delete the stored DNS cache.
- After doing this restart the computer to check.
- After restarting the system if the difficulty still continue, then shut down the computer, and then the modem, and allow it stay off for 5 minutes or so. Again restart the PC and modem to check.
- If the problem still not fix, then type ncpa.cpl in Run window, this command will open network connections.
- Right click on local area connection, and select properties. Then go to Internet protocol version (TCP/IPv4). Click on properties.
- Modify the DNS address to global DNS value.
Proffered: – 18.104.22.168
Alternate: – 22.214.171.124
- You can also replace the DNS values with Google’s DNS value, that are
Preferred: – 126.96.36.199
- Alternate: – 188.8.131.52
Fix Error “DNS Server not responding” in Windows 7/8 using Normal Method
Step 1: Click on Computer icon on task bar – >Open Network and Sharing Center
Or go with the Start Menu – >Control Panel – >Network and Internet – >Change adater settings
Step 2: Right click Local Area Connection – >Properties
Step 3: Local Area Connection Properties window opens – >Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) – >Properties
Step 4: Modify the DNS address by the help of the following DNS Server addresses
– Perferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
– Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Mark Validate settings leading exit.
Step 5: Open Command Prompt and Type ipconfig / all and then press Enter
Key, remember or write down the Physical Address
Step 6: Again type ncpa.cpl in the Command Prompt, open Network Connections, right-click Properties – >Configure
Step 7: Select Advanced – >Network Address in Property.
In the ‘Value field, type the Physical address which appeared in Command Prompt after removing dash present between them.
After it, Click OK and reboot your computer.
After applying the above steps if you are unable to fix the problem, then make sure that security options of Windows 7 or 8 or other operating systems:
- First, disable the security of the system and after it boot the computer in safe mode with networking.
- Make sure if the internet connection is working or not.
- If the system is unable to connect to the internet, then it is sure that other drivers and programs may be the cause for the DNS server error.
Apply Third party Tool to fix this Issue:
If this error occurs due to other drivers and applications then you can apply a third party DNS error repair tool.
This repair software is able to fix all types of software issue. Once software related issue is fixed then it is sure that this type of problem will automatically be solved.