Troubled with uxtheme.dll error message on your Windows 10 system then find out how to fix uxtheme.dll missing or not found error.
Many users managed to fix the uxtheme.dll error by running the SFC scan or updating the outdated drivers.
There are many different reasons responsible for the error like damaged registry entries and corrupted files on your PC and many others.
Here in this article find out the complete fixes to circumvent the missing uxtheme.dll error. So, read the article thoroughly and follow the fixes given.
What Causes Uxtheme.dll Missing Error?
This error mainly happens due to situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the wlanapi file in your system and it can be caused by the registry problem a virus or malware issue or even hardware failure issues.
Different scenarios through which this DLL error comes to your PC:
- If the uxtheme.dll file gets mistakenly deleted
- Corrupted Windows system files
- Uninstalling or installing the application can also cause the error.
- The configuration entries of the uxtheme.dll file are still active in the system registry.
- Due to computer hardware problem.
Some Related uxtheme.dll.niwrad Error Messages
- “This program can’t start because uxtheme.dll is missing from your computer.”
- “Access Violation File [path]\uxtheme.dll”
- “uxtheme.dll is missing.”
- “Unable to launch the software located at path: [path]\uxtheme.dll”
- “This application requires the file uxtheme.dll, which was not found on this system.”
- “There was a problem starting [path]\uxtheme.dll. The specified module could not be found.”
- “uxtheme.dll cannot be found.”
- “Runtime Error. uxtheme.dll pure virtual function call.”
How Do I Fix Uxtheme.dll Missing or Not Found Error?
Here are some of the solutions that will help you in solving the uxtheme.dll error from your computer and make it error-free.
Solution 1 – Reinstall the Recently Installed Programs
If you are facing the error message saying that “uxtheme.dll cannot be found” by using any particular program. Then you can reinstall the program to fix the uxtheme.dll file.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Click on the Windows Start button
- Then go to Control Panel
- Now under the Programs, click on Uninstall a program
- A list will appear, now find the program that leads to the error
- Right-click on the Program, and click on Uninstall button
- After uninstallation gets complete, Now Restart your PC.
Sometimes it is not possible to delete all files manually because there are still some junk files left. And when you reinstall the same program, those junk files start causing an error.
Hence, it is suggested to go for the third-party uninstaller to remove the program completely from your system.
Solution 2 – Run SFC Scan
The DLL error can also arise because of corrupt Windows system files. So, in other to fix this you can run a system file checker to replace the missing uxtheme.dll file.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Windows icon
- Type cmd, right-click on it and select admin
- Type sfc/scannow and hit enter
- Wait for the scanning process to get completed and then restart your computer
Now, check whether the uxtheme.dll error is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Update the System Drivers
Here it is suggested to update your system drivers. Outdated drivers can be a reason for Runtime Error. uxtheme.dll pure virtual function
To install the latest version of drivers follow the given manual steps.
- Click on the Settings option
- Now click on the Update & Security.
- Click on the Windows Update.
- Now, check there is any update for your drive is available or not, So click on the Check for updates option.
- Now click on the View optional updates
- Click on the Driver updates
- Now select Drive that you want to update.
- Click on the Download button & install it
After completing all steps, your drivers will get updated. Somehow, you don’t want to update your drivers manually then run the automatic Driver Easy Tool. This is the most effective tool from which you can update outdated drivers and fix driver-related problems easily.
Solution 4 – Update your Windows
Windows update is the best and easy solution to fix any type of bug related to your PC. By using the Windows Update service you can download the update manually.
You must update your PC from time to time to protect your PC from bugs and errors. To update your PC with the latest version of Windows, follow the instructions:
- Click the Start menu.
- Now click the All Programs
- Next, click on the Windows Update
- Then click on the check for update
- Now, any update is available, then click on the update your device & follow the instruction of the wizard.
- After your Windows get updated, then restart your Pc.
After restarting your PC, check if uxtheme.dll missing error message is fixed on your PC.
If this solution won’t work for you then in that case, you should roll back to its previous version. To roll back, move on to the next solution.
Solution 5 – Roll Back to Windows previous version
If you get uxtheme.dll cannot be found after updating your PC. Then rolling back to the previous version is the best solution for you.
Rolling back to the previous version is an easy and quick way, which will uninstall the latest version and then it will reinstall the previous version. Perform the following steps:
- On the Windows PC, click on the Start menu.
- Now, type recovery on the search box
- Then click on the Recovery options (System Setting).
- Now select go back to Windows [A]. Here, A represents your previous version.
- Then you have to select any one of the given regions, why you want to go back to your previous version > click on the Next
- Now, click on the Go back to Windows [A]. And follow the instructions to finish the process.
Once the process gets over, then your PC will boot into the previous version.
Solution 6 – Perform Virus/Malware Scan
Sometimes, due to viruses and malware, your Windows can lead to uxtheme.dll Error and damage your Dell files.
So, in the first solution, I suggest you scan your PC and check if there is any virus/malware that infected your PC. You can use Windows defender to defend your PC from any viruses. Windows defender is an inbuilt feature that can Scan your PC as well as protect your PC. Follow the instruction below to do so:
- First, on your Windows PC, click on the Start button
- Now, click on the settings > go to Update & security
- Click Windows security > choose Virus & threat protection feature
- There you will get current threads, click it > click on scan options
- Now, select Windows Defender offline scan
- Click on the Scan now option
- After scanning click on the Save to save the changes.
- Restart your PC.
If your PC is infected with viruses and malware, then don’t worry after restarting your PC you won’t see the uxtheme.dll error message.
In addition to the manual solution, you can try the powerful Spyhunter software that will scan your PC and remove viruses from it.
Solution 7 – Fix uxtheme.dll Error by Downloading Hotfix
Microsoft lunch Hotfix helps PC to fix a large number of beneficial Settings within few seconds. This powerful software can fix numerous problems at one time. It can also fix uxtheme.dll errors that you are facing on your PC screen.
So, I suggest you to Download The Hotfix and fix uxtheme.dll Error.
Solution 8 – Perform System Restore to Fix uxtheme.dll Error
If none of the above solutions works for you to fix uxtheme.dll Error try performing system restore. It will restore the system to its initial stage where the uxtheme.dll error gets started.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First press Windows + R together to open the Run command
- Type rstrui & click on enter
- System Restore window will open, now click on Choose a different restore point.
- Now, click on the Next button
- Then Select Show more restore points
- Now select a date, from which you want to restore your Windows PC.
- Now click on the Next button
- To finish the process, click on the Finish button
- Now, your PC will automatically restart.
After restarting, your PC will be restored to its previous state. And this time you will not get Runtime Error. uxtheme.dll pure virtual function call.
Best & Easy Solution to Fix uxtheme.dll Error
The above-provided solutions are workable but if you still encounter the DLL error then here is an easy solution for you.
Try the DLL Repair Tool. This tool will scan your system just once, detect the errors or issue and solves them automatically. Errors such as DLL error, registry error, update error, BSOD, game Error and many others.
It also repairs damaged, corrupted or inaccessible system files, prevents sluggishness and optimizes the performance of the system.
The uxtheme.dll error can be solved by the above-given solutions. Perform them carefully.
Al the solutions given are easy to follow make sure to follow them carefully. I hope you liked this article and it helped you in solving all your queries.
Moreover, if there is anything that is missed out then feel free to share with us on our Facebook page.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.