Lately, many Windows users complaining about the UnityPlayer.dll not found error and are searching for the solutions to get rid of this error. If you are looking for the same, then continue reading this article as it will answer all of your queries.
If you don’t know what UnityPlayer.dll is, then let me explain you.
UnityPlayer.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file, developed by Payload Studios. This DLL file allows the creation of all 3D content required for games & animated characters.
Users can use the UnityPlayer.dll file to design the game & give it 3D effects. But somehow many users reported they are seeing the UnityPlayer.dll missing error, and it affects the games or other programs that depend on this DLL file.
To get detailed information about this error and how can you fix it, go ahead with this article and follow the effective solutions that work for you to solve the error.
What is Unityplayer.dll Error?
As I have already explained Unityplayer.dll is a crucial component of Windows as some of the applications require it to function properly.
The error message shows that the application or program using this DLL file to function can’t find it anymore which is affecting their performance.
This error message also says that either the specified DLL file is missing from the computer or is corrupted. Well, the problem cannot necessarily belong to DLL files as it may also happen due to the problem with the program itself.
And, you can encounter this error with different messages. So, here are common Unityplayer.dll error messages that may occur on your system:
- The program can’t start because UNITYPLAYER.DLL is missing from your computer
- There was a problem starting UNITYPLAYER.DLL
- Error loading UNITYPLAYER.DLL. The specified module could not be found
- Cannot register UNITYPLAYER.DLL.
- UNITYPLAYER.DLL could not be located
There are multiple reasons behind getting this error message. So, let’s take a look at the reasons that cause this error on Windows PC.
What Causes Unityplayer.dll Not Found Error on Windows?
After going through several users report, I come up with the list of the following common reasons that cause the Unityplayer.dll not found error:
- Running outdated Windows OS
- Corrupted/missing system files
- If the file or PC is infected with malware or virus
- Incorrect installation of application or program
- If the program is faulty
- Due to the registry issues
Regardless of the reasons, you can fix the Unityplayer.dll is missing error with the following solutions.
How to Fix Unityplayer.dll Not Found Error?
Solution 1: Check Recycle Bin
Sometimes, users unintentionally delete the DLL file, which you can find in the recycle bin. So, before trying out any other solution, first, check the recycle bin folder. If there is a DLL file, then restore it on your computer.
But if you can find the file in the recycle bin, then there must be some issue with the DLL file which is causing you to encounter the Unityplayer.dll not found error on Windows 10 computer.
Solution 2: Run the Antivirus Scan
Sometimes, DLL missing error gets corrupted or deleted due to the malware or virus in the computer. If there is malware present on your computer, then it will affect the functionality of other programs and files.
So, if the program you are trying to open is affected by the malware, then, it may get unable to find the DLL file and as the result will show you Unityplayer.dll was not found error message.
In this case, you can run the antivirus scan to fix the issue. You can use Windows Defender Firewall to run the scan or it would be better to use the advanced third-party antimalware tool.
If you don’t know about any reliable 3rd party antivirus program, then here we would recommend you use Spyhunter.
It is the advanced antimalware software that will scan your PC on the daily basis to protect your computer against malware and other online threats.
Solution 3: Run SFC and DISM Scan to Fix Unityplayer.dll Not Found Error
A corrupted Windows system is also one of the reasons that trigger the Unityplayer.dll error on Windows 10. In this situation, you can fix the corrupted system files by running the Windows built-in utility – SFC and DISM.
First, we will run the SFC scan and then the DISM scan. For this, follow these instructions:
- Press Ctrl + X keys.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- On the Command Prompt window, enter this command and then press the Enter key:
- Now, the utility will scan your PC to find out the missing or corrupted system files and will repair them. Meanwhile, don’t close the window and wait for the process to get finished.
- Once the scanning is completed, go ahead and run the DISM scan.
- For this, enter this command and hit the Enter key:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After completing the scanning process, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Reinstall the Problematic Program
Seeing the Unityplayer.dll error on Windows 10 doesn’t necessarily mean a problem exists with the DLL file, there might be an issue with the program itself.
If the program or application has any kind of bug, then also you can experience this problem. So, to avoid this problem, reinstall the program.
- Press Windows + I keys > select Apps.
- Here, select the program from the list of installed applications.
- Select it and click on the Uninstall button.
- Confirm your action in the next pop-up screen.
- Now, reinstall the app/program.
You can follow these steps to uninstall the program, but this manual method doesn’t ensure the removal of the app completely from the system as it left junk files behind on the computer.
That’s why I suggest you use the Revo Uninstaller. This uninstaller tool will wipe out the application completely from the device without leaving any traces of it.
Solution 5: Update Windows OS
Outdated Windows OS can also be responsible for the Unityplayer.dll error. The best way to avoid this error is to update your Windows. To do this, you may follow up with this method:
- Click on the Start icon > Settings.
- Select the Update & Security option on the Windows Settings app.
- Go to the Windows Update tab and click on the Check for updates button.
- If there is any update available for your computer, then it will show you there.
- Download and install the update if there is any for your Windows PC.
- After updating the computer, restart your system.
Solution 6: Register Unityplayer DLL File
Registering the DLL file often helps in fixing the DLL missing or not found error. Some of the users also claimed this method worked for them in fixing the missing Unityplayer.dll error on their Windows computers.
To apply this method, you need to do the following:
- Open the Command Prompt window with the admin permissions.
- Next, enter this command in the Command Prompt window, and then press the Enter key to execute this command:
- Now, wait for Windows to register this DLL file.
Solution 7: Reinstall Unityplayer.dll File
If none of the methods worked for you, then here is another option for you. You can reinstall the Unityplayer.dll file. Sometimes, the programs failed to locate the DLL file and end up with this error message. In this case, reinstalling the file can fix the error.
- For this, click here to open the legitimate site to download the missing DLL file.
- Download the file suitable for your computer’s version.
- After downloading the file, go to the location where you have downloaded the file and extract the folder.
- Now, copy the Unityplayer.dll file and paste it to the folder of the application that was throwing the error.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 8: Perform System Restore
Performing the system restore is also one of the potential solutions that may fix the DLL error on Windows PC. It will revert your Windows to the earlier state where you were not getting this error message. For this, you need to do the following:
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Type restore and click on the Create a restore point.
- Go to the System Protection tab > click on the System Restore button.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the restore point to which you want the system to roll back and click on Next.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Windows will now start the restoration process. This process might take some time to get completed. So be patient and wait for it to complete.
Once your system is restored to its previous state, open any app or program, and check for Unityplayer.dll is missing error. This time you will no longer notice the DLL error.
Easy Way To Fix Unityplayer.dll Not Found Error
If the above-stated solutions didn’t work in fixing the Unityplayer.dll missing Windows 10 or you are unable to perform the manual solutions then here is an easy way for you to fix this error.
Try the DLL Repair Tool. This is one of the amazing tools that will scan your entire operating system, detects all the errors, and solves them automatically without any hassle.
Errors like DLL, registry, game, update, BSOD, application, browser & others are easily fixed with this tool. It also repairs the inaccessible or damaged system files and tune-up the performance of your PC.
You just have to download this tool and leave the rest of the work to be done by this tool to make your Windows PC error-free.
So, with the end of this article, you must have got all your queries answered. All these solutions will help you to get rid of the Unityplayer.dll not found error on Windows 10.
Try the solutions given one by one carefully.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.