Total War: ROME REMASTERED crashing randomly upon launching or sometime during the gameplay problem is reported by various gamers.
This is very annoying as the game stutter, crashes and freezes in the middle of the gameplay and thereby kicking the player out of the game. So, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
So, in this tutorial, we will discuss the verified solutions that worked for several gamers to get past the crashing as well related issues with the Total War: ROME REMASTERED game.
Well before getting into the fixes, it is necessary to have a proper understanding of the causes behind the problem. As this helps you in troubleshooting the problem from its root thereby saving your time.
What Causes Total War: ROME REMASTERED Crashing?
There could be various reasons behind the game crashing. If you are troubled with Total War Rome Remastered Crashing, stuttering, black screen, won’t launch or becoming unresponsive then it may be due to one of the reasons mentioned below:
- Incompatible System Specs– If your PC does not have the minimum requirements then it may cause this error to arise. Your PC must be compatible with the game. Having low RAM, Graphics, Processor etc will restrict the game from launching thereby resulting in crashing or stuttering problems. So make sure your PC must meet the minimum system requirements to avoid such problems.
- Not playing the game with Administrative Rights– In most instances it has been found that not playing game with administrative rights can also cause this problem to arise. So it is important that you always play the game administrative rights to avoid facing crashing problems.
- An issue with Antivirus or Security Software – The majority of users have reported in forums that Antivirus Software or Firewall on a system also restricts the game from launching thereby resulting in crashing the game. Antivirus Software suspects some game files to be malicious or infected and hinders them from running or launching. So try allowing the game application through the Firewall to fix the problem.
- Outdated GPU Drivers – If you are using outdated GPU drivers then it might possible that you may encounter such an issue. So try updating your system drivers to avoid such instances.
- Corrupted Game files – If while installing the game files got corrupted or missing then you might face such a problem. To tackle such a problem try repairing corrupted or damaged files.
- Game internal bugs or Glitches – Sometimes the game’s internal glitches or bugs start causing issues try downloading the latest game patch to deal with the Total War Rome Remastered crashing problem.
- Running Unnecessary Background Tasks – Most of the time, it has been noticed that unnecessary background running tasks overload your system and may conflict with the game application thereby restricting it from launching.
Now as you are aware of the possible causes responsible for the Total War Rome Remastered crashing problem, it is time to try effective solutions to get past the problem.
How to Fix Total War: ROME REMASTERED Crashing Problem?
Solution 1: Check Your System Specs
To play any game smoothly without any interruption your PC must meet the minimum system requirements. You must have the required RAM, Processor and Graphics to support the game.
Below are the minimum System specs that are required:
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs|
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit (version 1809)||Windows 10 64-bit (version 20H2)|
|GPU||NVIDIA GTX 600 series (1GB VRAM) or AMD HD 7000 series (1GB VRAM) or Intel UHD 620||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB|
|Memory||6 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Processor||Intel i3 series or AMD FX-4000 series||Intel Core i5-4570 or Ryzen 5 1600|
So in case you are facing this issue then it is best to check your system specs before going for any other fixes. To check your system specs you just have to follow a few below steps:
- Firstly, open Settings.
- Then in appeared system panel, select About
- Now here you will find your system specs including Your RAM, Processor and Graphics.
If your PC meets the minimum system requirements then proceed forward for more potential solutions to resolve it.
Solution 2: Launch the Game with Administrative Rights
If you are launching the game without administrative rights then you might face a Total War: ROME REMASTERED crashes problem. So in order to fix the problem try launching the game with administrative rights. To do so follow the below guidance:
- Go to the Total War Rome Remastered.exe file and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties.
- Go to Compatibility.
- Check the option “Run this program as an administrator” and tap on Apply.
And now re-launch the game and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Update GPU Drivers
GPU drivers are the most essential part of the system that regulates your system’s functioning. So it is very important to have your system drivers updated to avoid such error occurrences. You can update your video drivers either manually or automatically.
For the Manual Method, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run box and in the box that appears type devmgmt.msc> hit Enter.
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Expand the section Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Now from the list that appeared, look for the needed sound device.
- After that, click on the Update Driver option to update the video drivers.
- Now select the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
Windows will now automatically try to find the suitable drivers for your system and update it. Lastly, restart your system and check for the problem persist or not.
For the Automatic Method, refer to the downward guide:
Sometimes Windows fails to find the compatible or suitable driver for your system. Then in that case you can go for the one and only reliable Driver Updater tool to update the drivers.
This is the easiest and most effective way to update the drivers automatically on your system. Once installed, it starts scanning your system and updates the entire system drivers.
Solution 4: Update Total War: ROME REMASTERED
Updating the game to its latest version timely not only adds extra features but also boosts the game thereby letting you play without any interruptions. So always make sure to use the updated game version to avoid crashing problems.
To do so follow the guided steps below:
- Launch Steam.
- Go to the game’s Library.
- Now look for Total War: ROME REMASTERED and right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Click on Update.
- If there is any update available then install it.
Once done with the installation process, restart your system and check whether or not the problem is fixed. Latest game patches can also fix such problems. You can easily find the latest game patches on the developer’s official website.
Solution 5: Repair the Corrupted Game Files
Sometimes during game installation, some of the game files got corrupted or damaged and this may lead to the crashing or freezing problem while launching. In most instances, file corruption is caused when you have interrupted or incomplete the installation process.
So, try to uninstall and then reinstall the game files or perform an SFC scan to fix the problem.
To repair the corrupted app files, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the start search box or Win+R and type cmd to run Command Prompt.
- Then on cmd panel execute System File Checker by typing sfc/scannow command and hitting Enter.
- SFC scan will now automatically search for the corrupted files and repair them.
- Wait for the scanning process to get complete.
Note: [Do not perform any other action while the scanning is in process]
Or in case you are using Steam then follow the guide below:
- Restart your system.
- Launch the Steam.
- Go to Library
- Tap on Game Properties.
- Now under Properties, go for Local Files
- Locate the Verify integrity of game files option and select it.
- Now, wait for the steam to verify the game files.
Once verified and checked, restart your system and check for the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Quit background running Tasks
If applying the above methods won’t fix Total War Rome Remastered keeps crashing issue then try quitting background running tasks. As sometimes the background tasks start conflicting with the game application thereby restricting it from launching or causing crashing or stuttering issues.
You can simply disable the background tasks by following the simple steps below:
- Launch Task Manager by pressing Win+X together.
- Now view under the Processes tab, the list of Background running tasks.
- Select the tasks you want to terminate from running by clicking the End Task button at the right bottom.
Now as your system is free from all background tasks, re-launch the game to check if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 7: Disable Antivirus Software
As it has been already discussed above sometimes your system Firewall or installed Antivirus software may create this problem. So make sure to disable the security software to run that game without interruption.
To Disable Antivirus software follow the below-guided steps:
- Search for Windows Security and hit Enter.
- Tap on Virus & threat protection on the left bar.
- Now look for Manage settings under Virus & threat protection.
- Under Real-time protection tap the toggle button to turn off Windows defender temporarily.
- Tap on Yes to confirm if prompted.
- Now Restart your system and check for the crashing problem on Total War Rome Remastered.
To allow the steam through the firewall follow the below steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box and type control firewall.cpl and hit Enter.
- Now on the appeared windows select the option Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then check whether the steam is included in the Allowed Apps & Features.
- If not, go for the Change settings option>Allow another app.
- Follow the on-screen guide to add.
- Once done, tap on OK.
- Lastly, launch the game on steam and check for the crashing issue.
Solution 8: Perform a Clean Boot
Another potential solution to fix such a problem is to perform a clean Boot. Clean boot will restart your Windows with minimal drivers and startup tasks thereby solving the problem.
Below are the steps to perform a clean boot:
- Go for Run box and type MSConfig and hit Enter.
- Select the Services tab and check the box Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now on the appeared list, check the options of the items that belong to hardware manufacturers like AMD, Intel, and Qualcomm.
- And uncheck the other boxes.
- Once done, tap OK to save the changes.
- Finally, Restart your system and check for the crashing issue.
Solution 9: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above fixes works in your case then it is suggested to uninstall the Total War Rome Remastered app and re-install it to check whether the Total War Rome Remastered crashing Windows 11/10 is fixed or not.
To uninstall the game on Steam follow the steps below accordingly:
- Launch Steam.
- Go to Steam Library
- Locate Total War Rome Remastered and right-click on it.
- Now select Manage and then Uninstall.
After uninstalling the game successfully go for re-installation and check whether or not the issue is fixed.
Best Way to Optimize Your Game Performance on Windows PC
The majority of players face issues like game crashing, lagging, or stuttering while playing the game if such is your condition then optimize your gaming performance by running Game Booster.
This boosts the game by optimizing the system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, but it also fixes common game problems like lagging and low FPS issues.
I hope the mentioned solutions work for you to solve the Total War: ROME REMASTERED crashes problem.
But if in case you are still unable to play the properly then there must be some internal issue present in the game.
Therefore here it is suggested to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool, as many times the game error appears due to the PC’s internal issues and errors. So scan your system completely to fix various Windows PC related issues and errors.
If in case you find any queries or doubts regarding this article feels free to get back to us on Facebook page.
Always up to help others with their PC-related issues, Jack loves to write on subjects such as Windows 10, Xbox, and numerous technical things. In his free time, he loves to play with his dog “Bruno” and hang out with his friends.