Netapi32.dll file is a type of Net Win32 API DLL is one of the important DLL files of the Windows Operating System. This dll file is shared by lots of applications and games.
But what if this netapi32 file gets damaged or misplaced, you won’t be able to run the related apps and games that are shared by this netapi32.dll file as it shows the error message:
The program can’t start because netapi32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
Therefore, it gets really important to fix this netapi32.dll error in Windows 10. Go through this article, here you will find the best solutions that will help you in solving the netapi32.dll is missing error.
Before moving towards the fixes first, get to know what causes this DLL error and some of the common netapi32.dll error messages.
What Causes Netapi32.dll Error?
There are lots of internal and external causes that can turn a healthy DLL file into a damaged or corrupt DLL file. Some of them are given below:
- Because of corrupt or invalid NETAPI32.DLL registry entry.
- Computer Virus or malware infection can also damage the NETAPI32.DLL file.
- Failure of Microsoft hardware, such as a bad hard drive, graphics card and more.
- Sometimes any other application or software overwrote the required version of NETAPI32.DLL.
- Deletion of the NETAPI32.DLL file.
Common NETAPI32.DLL Error Messages
You may face lots of common NETAPI32.DLL errors some of them are given below:
- “The file NETAPI32.DLL is missing.”
- “NETAPI32.DLL Access Violation.”
- “This application failed to start because NETAPI32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “NETAPI32.DLL not found.”
- “Cannot register NETAPI32.DLL.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\NETAPI32.DLL.”
- “Cannot start DEVELOPER NETWORK. A required component is missing: NETAPI32.DLL. Please install DEVELOPER NETWORK again.”
How To Fix NETAPI32.DLL Missing Error Windows 10?
Here come the solutions to fix the netapi32.dll error Windows 10. Perform the fixes one by one carefully and see which one suits you in solving the NETAPI32.DLL is Missing error in your operating system.
Solution 1: Try To re-register NETAPI32.DLL From Command Prompt
- Go to the Start button-> search box->Type “command” but DO NOT press ENTER key -> after holding CTRL-Shift press ENTER.
- You will get a permission dialog box->Click on Yes.
- Type the command to un-register the file and press the enter key:
regsvr32 /u NETAPI32.DLL
To re-register type the following command and press the enter key:
regsvr32 /i NETAPI32.DLL
- Exit from the command prompt window and reboot the app that is related to NETAPI32.DLL error and check whether the error is fixed or still there.
Solution 2: Restore NETAPI32.DLL From Recycle Bin
It is also possible that your NETAPI32.DLL may have been unintentionally deleted. So go to the PC’s Recycle Bin to confirming that it’s there or not.
- Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking on the recycle bin icon.
- Search for the NETAPI32.DLL.
- If the NETAPI32.DLL file appears in the search results, then select it and try to move it to the below-given folder:
Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
Win NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
After the executing of the above-given trick restart your computer to see netapi32.dll missing error in Windows got resolved or not.
Solution 3: Perform SFC Scan
System file checker is really helpful in solving the missing or corrupted Windows system files especially missing DLL files.
Follow the steps to perform an SFC scan to fix the netapi32.dll missing error:
- Click on Windows icon
- Type cmd, right-click on the command prompt and select run as administrator
- In the command prompt window, type sfc/scannow and press the enter key
- Now, wait for the scanning process to get completed and after that restart your PC
Try to run the program that was showing you the netapi32.dll error and see if the error got fixed or not.
Solution 4: Repair Invalid NETAPI32.DLL Registry Entries
Most of the time it happens that NETAPI32.DLL and other DLL system errors can be related to the problems in the Windows registry. There are several programs that can share the same NETAPI32.DLL file, however, when these programs are changed or unlocked, “orphaned” DLL registry entries are left behind.
But, you can now repair the Windows registry and for this, you have to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to the NETAPI32.DLL:
- Click the Start button
- After this, you have to type “command” in the search box but do not hit the Enter key
- Now hold the CTRL+SHIFT keys together and then hit the ENTER key
- After hitting ENTER key, a dialog box will appear and there you have to click YES
- Now a black box will open with a blinking cursor where you have to type “regedit” and then hit the ENTER key.
- Now you have to select the NETAPI32.DLL related key that you want to keep the backup
- After this, you have to choose Export from the File menu
- Now select the folder from the Save In a list where you want to save the DEVELOPER network backup key
- Make sure that “Selected branch” is selected in the Export Range
- After this, you have to click Save
- After saving, the file is then saved with a .reg file extension and then you will have a backup of NETAPI32.DLL related registry entry.
Method 5: Scan for Virus
There is a possibility that netapi32.dll missing error appears on Windows because of virus infection or other malicious programs. So, it is advised that you scan your Windows to remove the virus and run the application without getting any error.
To remove viruses, malware or adware scan your Windows PC with Spyhunter. this will help you to get rid of all the malicious programs and make your PC Virus-free without any hassle.
Method 6: Roll Back Drivers
Rollback driver to the previous version of the operating system as it might help you in overcoming the netapi32.dll Windows 10.
Follow the steps to rollback:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Type Device Manager and press the enter key
- Click on the device category to expand for rollback
- Select the device, right-click on it and choose properties
- Click on the Driver tab
- Click on the Roll Back Driver option
- Choose a reason why you are rolling back?
- Click on YES and restart your computer
After the completion of the above steps, the device will get uninstalled from Windows 10 and the earlier driver version will get restored. This will solve the netapi32.dll error.
Best & Easy Solution to Fix netapi32.dll Error
The above-provided solutions will work in resolving the netapi32.dll Error in Windows. But if you are a novice person and find difficulty in performing the manual solutions then here is an easy solution for you.
Try the PC Repair Tool. This is an amazing tool designed by a professional that will remove all the errors from your Windows PC/Laptop. Errors such as DLL, update, BSOD, registry, application, game and many more can easily be fixed with this repair tool.
It also prevents PC from malicious programs, repair damaged system files, optimizes the performance of the Windows operating system and others.
Apply the solutions mentioned in this article to overcome the netapi32.dll Windows 10 and run the applications without encountering any error.
If manual solutions didn’t work out then go with the easy solution provided above and fix the DLL error.
It is expected that you liked this article and it turns out to be helpful in resolving your queries related to DLL and others.
Always up to help others with their PC-related issues, Jack loves to write on subjects such as Windows 10, Xbox, and numerous technical things. In his free time, he loves to play with his dog “Bruno” and hang out with his friends.