Summary – Troubled with Call of Duty Black OPS 2 Season Pass is not working problem on your Windows PC or Xbox console then this guide will help you to fix the problem and start using your Season pass in COD Black Ops 2.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops II, one of the nine franchises of Call of Duty was developed by Treyarch and published by Activision. The twist and turns in the game make it more interesting and the season pass is the result of the thriving of many games.
The developers had no choice but to bring up something more special to the game lovers, hence downloadable content that includes main map packs (Revolution, Uprising, Vengeance, and Apocalypse) and bonus content was released.
But, a few users complain that the Call of duty Black ops 2 Season pass is not working on their PC. If you have spent your USD 49.99 to purchase this season pass, yet are frustrating about not being able to make use of them, this guide will help you solve the trouble.
Why is My Call of Duty Black ops 2 “Season Pass Not Working”?
We investigated all possible online sources to gather the exact reasons that cause the Seasons pass not working in Call of Duty: Black Ops II on your Windows PC. Here are some of the scenarios.
- There is no strong internet connection to enjoy games on Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Hence it cannot connect to its server, resulting in the error.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II game is not granted a few necessary admin rights to access full-fledged features of the game.
- The Steam client or the Call of Duty: Black Ops II game is not updated to its latest version.
- Any security suite (antivirus or firewall) is blocking Call of Duty: Black Ops II features.
- The necessary drivers and Operating system are not updated to their latest versions.
- The privacy settings of the game are not appropriate.
- Sometimes the missing or outdated Steam/Call of Duty: Black Ops II installation files start causing issues.
To fix various Windows PC problems, we recommend Advanced System Repair tool:
This software is your one stop solution to fix Windows errors, protect you from malware, clean junks and optimize your PC for maximum performance in 3 easy steps:
How to Fix Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Season Pass is Not Working Problem?
Here, you will come through 10 effective troubleshooting methods that will help you fix the Season pass not working in Call of Duty: Black Ops II issue on your Windows PC and Xbox.
Solution 1: Restart PC & Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Restarting the game and the gaming console is one of the easiest solutions to fix the Season pass not working issue in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Firstly, close the game and all of its associated windows on your PC.
- Then, relaunch the game and check if you can access the season pass.
- If you cannot open the season pass even after relaunching the game, then, restart your computer.
- Click on the Windows key at the bottom left corner of the screen. Then, click on Power followed by Restart. Wait, until your computer restarts and check if this works or not.
Solution 2: Run Call of Duty: Black Ops II as Administrator
To access some advanced features of the game like a season pass, you must need admin rights. Here are some steps to run the game as an administrator.
- Go to the shortcut file of the game (usually on Desktop) and right-click on it.
Note: You can also navigate to the installation directory of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II and right-click on the executable file.
- Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility
- Now, select the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Save the changes by pressing Apply and then OK. Then, repeat the same steps to run Steam as an administrator if you are launching the game via Steam. Then, check if you have fixed the Season pass not working issue in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II
You May Also Read – [Solved] “Unhandled Exception Caught” Error in Call Of Duty: Black Ops II
Solution 3: Install Additional Content
Many users have suggested that installing additional content on your Windows 10 computer has helped them to fix Seasons pass not working in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Read the below-listed instructions and implement the same.
- Launch the game on Xbox and navigate to My Games &Apps.
- Now, press Games from the left screen.
- On the right screen, search for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and click on it.
- Now, click on the three-lined This opens the Menu.
- Then, click on Manage Game and add-ons.
- Go to the game’s content and then click on Select All.
- Now, press Save Changes.
- Wait until the additional add-ons of the game are installed and check if you are able to access the season pass after this.
Solution 4: Change Privacy Settings (For Xbox Users)
If you are using Xbox 360 console to play your game, then you must tweak some privacy settings to fix Season pass not working issue in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. For this, you have to visit the official Xbox site and allow a few privacy settings as instructed below.
- Visit the official Xbox sign-in page and log in using your credentials.
- This opens the Privacy & online safety page.
- Switch to the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
- Change the following settings to Allow.
- You can play with people outside of Xbox Live
- You can create and join clubs
- Broadcast gameplay
- You can upload captures to Xbox Live
- You can share content made using Kinect or another camera
- Others can share your content on social networks
- You can join multiplayer games
- You can add friends
- Now, switch to the Xbox 360 Online Safety tab on the right and change the setting to Allow for the following settings.
- Kinect Sharing
- You can share outside of Xbox Live
- Music, Music Videos, and Windows Phone Games.
Note: You can change the settings for the Privacy tab as per your wish.
- Now, click on Submit to save the changes. Check if you can access Season pass on Call of Duty: Black Ops II. If not, move to the next method.
Solution 5: Update Graphics Card
Another significant reason that causes Call of duty Black ops 2 Season pass is not working, is that the graphics drivers are not updated to their latest version. Follow the listed instructions to update graphical drivers.
- Press the Windows key and type Device Manager. Open the results.
- Double-click on Display adapters. This will expand the driver.
- Right-click on your graphics driver (for example Intel(R) HD Graphics 620) and choose Update driver.
- Press Browse my computer for drivers. This will find and install the drivers manually.
- Tap the Browse button to locate any directory where you can find the drivers and press the Next
- If drivers are already updated, you will receive The best drivers for your device are already installed promptly on the screen. Else, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Exit the window and reboot your PC once you have installed the latest drivers.
You can also update the driver easily with the Driver Easy tool. This is an advanced tool, that just by scanning once detects and updates the entire system drivers.
Solution 6: Check Disk Space & Clear Unnecessary Files
If you are sure that you have purchased and downloaded all the files of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, you must check whether your PC has adequate space to install them. Being a graphically intense game, you must have considerable space on your disk to operate them functionally.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the drive space on your computer and clear the unnecessary files if they occupy too much space.
- Go to File Explorer on your Windows PC.
- Now, press This PC, you can see this on the left screen.
- You can monitor the disk space from the Devices and drivers If you see anything red-coloured, it means your disk is full.
- If the occupied space is very high, then go to the search bar and type Disk Cleanup.
- Now, press Run as administrator to open the utility with administrative privileges.
- Now, click on the drive you want to proceed with clearing unnecessary files and hit Enter to proceed. In this guide, we have demonstrated the steps to clean the C drive.
- Wait until the Disk Cleanup utility analyzes and scans the files available on the drive. Later, it depicts the amount of space it can free up on your drive.
- There are a few boxes in the Disk Cleanup tab that are automatically checked. You can check/uncheck them as you need.
- Now, press OK to begin the cleanup.
- Once done, move to the More Options
- Then, press the Cleanup…option under System Restore and Shadow Copies.
- In the next Disk Cleanup prompt, press Delete to delete the old files/folders with an exception of System Restore Point.
- Again, wait until the unnecessary files are cleared up on your PC.
Restart your computer and check if you can access your season pass in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. If not, move to the next method.
Solution 7: Verify the Integrity of the Game (on Steam)
The next troubleshooting method you can implement to fix the Black OPS 2 Season pass isn’t working is to verify the integrity of game files. This will resolve all the difficulties in launching the season pass. Follow as instructed.
- Exit all unnecessary tasks running in the background.
- Now, go to Steam and tap LIBRARY.
- Then, select HOME and find Call of Duty: Black Ops II, right-click on it.
- Then, Properties…
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab, then press Verify integrity of game files… as shown.
Follow the on-screen prompts and wait until the verification process is complete. Then, download all the necessary files and check if you can launch the Call of Duty: Black Ops II game’s season pass without any issues.
Solution 8: Update Steam & Call of Duty: Black Ops II(on Steam)
The latest updates of the game will help you resolve any bugs and errors like the Season pass not working issue in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Every update of the game comes with fixes so, it will not take so long to resolve the issue you are facing now. Follow the steps given below to download the latest patch of the game.
- Go to the Start menu, type Steam, and launch it on the Windows 10 PC.
- Now, switch to the Library tab at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, click on Check for Steam Client Updates option from the drop-down menu.
- Install any updates and make sure you receive Your Steam client is up-to-date
Now, to update Call of Duty: Black Ops II to the latest version, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Navigate to the LIBRARY tab of Steam, and click on HOME.
- Then, search for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and right-click on it. Now, select Properties.
- Now, switch to the UPDATES tab, and in the right pane, choose the Always keep this game updated option under AUTOMATIC UPDATES as shown.
- Install any updates and follow the upcoming prompts to complete them. Restart PC and Steam and check if the Season pass not working issue is solved now.
Solution 9: Re-download Executable Files (on Steam)
If the installation files of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II game are corrupt or misconfigured, you might face the Season pass not working issue. So, in this case, you have to remove the saved executable files stored locally and re-install them via Steam as instructed below.
- Click the Windows key, type Steam, and launch it on the Windows 10 PC.
- Now, move to the LIBRARY and then right-click on Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Then, press Properties.
- Now, move to the LOCAL FILES tab from the left screen than on the right screen, press the Browse
- This opens the File Explorer All you have to do is to right-click on the t6mp.exe file and select Delete from the available list.
- Likewise, right-click on the iw6mp64_ship.exe file and press the Delete button.
- Now, go back to the LOCAL FILES tab of Steam and then press Verify integrity of game files
- Repeat the same steps as you did in Solution 7 to verify the game files and once done, you will see the All files validated successfully message.
This is a verified solution that will help you fix the Call of duty Black ops 2 Season pass is not working issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Solution 10: Remove & Re-add your Xbox Account
If none of these hacks has helped you fix the problem, then you can try re-adding your account to the Xbox console. Make a note that, you have to remove your account first, power cycle your console, and then re-add your account as instructed below.
- Click on the Xbox button.
- Now, press Profile & system.
- Then, press Settings.
- Now, click on Account followed by Remove accounts.
- Then, click on the account you want to remove and then press Remove. Close the window once the account is removed.
- Now, to power reset your console, firstly, turn off the console and router/modem as well.
- Unplug and disconnect all the cables from the devices and wait for a while.
- After 2 minutes, plug the cables back into their devices and wait until the lights turn on their devices.
- Now, to add the account again, press the Xbox button.
- Then, press Profile & System.
- Now, go to Add or switch then, press Add new.
- Type the email address and password for your Microsoft account.
- Accept the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and instructions to confirm your sign-in.
When you log in now, you will not face Seasons pass not working in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II issue.
FAQ Related to COD Black OPS 2 Season Pass
Does the Black Ops 2 Season Pass include the game?
The Black Ops 2 Season Passdoes not include the game. Rather, it includes the DLC (Downloadable Content) of maps (Multiplayer and Zombie) and weapons (new/bonus).
What does the Call of Duty BO2 Season Pass include?
The Call of Duty BO2 Season Pass includes downloadable content that contains main map packs (Revolution, Uprising, Vengeance, and Apocalypse) and bonus content. It comes with four downloadable Map Packs and Nuketown Zombies and an exclusive Calling Card – “The Deuce”.
How does Call of Duty Season Pass work?
The Call of Duty Season Pass has about a hundred tires of contents to progress and earn after you have purchased the pack. If you want to advance these tires, then you have to just play the game. The longer you play the game ((either Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, or Modern Warfare), the more the tire progress will be.
How long does a Call of Duty season pass last?
Analyzing the starting and ending date of every Call of Duty Warzone season, you can expect Call of Duty season pass will last for about two months or higher.
Best Way to Optimize Your Game Performance on Windows PC
The majority of players face issues like game crashing, lagging, or stuttering while playing the game if such is your condition then optimise your gaming performance by running Game Booster.
This boosts the game by optimizing the system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, but it also fixes common game problems like lagging and low FPS issues.
So, this is all about the Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Season Pass not working problem.
Hope the solutions given work for you to solve the problem and now you are able to use the Season pass in COD Black OPS 2 on Xbox as well as Windows PC.
It is very simple to Black OPS 2 Season pass isn’t working issue by following these solutions.
If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to connect with us on our Facebook page. We would love to hear from you!
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.