Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208: How to Repair
Are you facing the very frequent error that after waiting for several hours to install windows 10, but you failed and get the error code ‘C1900208’. And you again attempt for two-three times but fails and again found the same error C1900208, ‘Installation Status” failed’. After checking Windows Update history you found that you failed for three times in a row. But don’t panic. You might be thinking that all this causes due to the antivirus.
The windows 10 Upgrade failed error code C1900208 include with a corrupt Windows Update service and it do nothing with the antivirus settings. And if anyone found that it is all occurring due to the antivirus then you must provisional disable the antivirus programs before try the Windows 10 installation, and you can re-enable it after completing the installation.
You can fix the error C1900208 in two ways:
- You can try to fix the Windows Update service and basically force Windows 10 to reinitiate the download.
- Or else you can avoid the Windows Update service together and use the Windows 10 Media creation Tool.
The second purpose is the easiest process as the Windows Update service ought to successfully correct itself with a Windows 10 install.
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
Here we have given the how to fix the Windows 10 Upgrade Failed error C1900208 with the help of Media Creation Tool.
You can use this tool in two ways: either you downloading the Windows 10 install files directly to the hard drive (it should have 8GB space required), or else you can download the install files onto a USB thumb drive or DVD onto a USB thumb drive or DVD if you have to install Windows 10 on more than 1 PC.
In some case, you are require to collect some information about your PC so it is important to download the correct Media Tool program and install media (if you are downloading onto USB or DVD)
To perform this:
- Open up an Administrative Command prompt: then click Start and type “cmd” and without pressing Enter on the keyboard; and wait for CMD. EXE or “Command Prompt” to emerge in the list and then click right on it and “Run as Administrator”.
- By making use of the mouse, highlight the below given text:
systeminfo | findstr /B /C:”OS Name” /C:”System Locale” /C:”System Type”
- Then right click over the highlighted text above and then select the Copy from the dialogue menu.
- Now go back to the command prompt opened in the Step #1 and then click right on an empty area of window. A dialogue menu should appear after that select Paste and, then press Enter on the keyboard to perform. Then you are able to something similar to the following given output:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
System Type: x64-based PC
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
- Now at this time you can download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. It depend on your “System Type” as recognized in the previous step, you need to have either the 32-bit media Tool or the 64-bit media tool.
- And then run the windows 10 Media Creation Tool you downloaded and a purple window will emerge with two options: “Upgrade this PC Now” or “Create installation media for another PC”.
And if you will choose “Upgrade this PC Now,” it will download the installation files directly to your hard drive and begin the Windows 10 installation. And if you choose “Create installation media for another PC,” it will permit you to create either a USB thumb drive or DVD with install media.
On the proceeding page, ensure that you select the SAME language as your System Locale (as output in Step #4), or else you may encounter the fear “Something happened” error message and it will terminate. For the “Edition” option, choose either Windows 10Home or Pro*, and for “Architecture” select “both”, and then click next.
Again on the proceeding page, select USB flash drive (if you have at least an 8GB flash drive), or ISO if you want to burn it to DVD; an 8GB DVD will be necessary if you are burning both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures; or else choose one or the other and use a 4.7GB DVD which are more common.
IMPORTANT: And as the install media was created, than run the setup.exe from the USB drive or DVD disc. This will carry out an in-place install of Windows 10 within your offered Windows environment. With this method you will receive and retain your free Windows 10 license. And after that you can do a clean if you want.
Hope by using the above steps you are able to fix the error C1900208 but if not then you can make use of the highly advanced PC Repair Tool to fix it automatically. With this application you are able to detect any type of system errors, restore settings, windows registry and also work as a guard to maintain and run PC efficiently. It is easy to use and no any manual methods are required using this software, you can simply install and run this tool to fix any kind of PC error.