Steps to fix Microsoft Update Error 0x80072EFF
Microsoft Update Error 0x80072EFF message is one of the irritating issues of Windows system that can come to view during program installation. This error appears when user tries to install Microsoft Corporation-related software program such as Microsoft Update. Below some symptoms and causes of Error 0x80072EFF are given, read them carefully in the manner to solve this issue with ease.
Symptoms of Error 0x80072EFF
- Active program window crashes every time with an error “Error 0x80072EFF”.
- Error appears with text “Microsoft Update Error 0X80072Eff”.
- Windows system runs slowly and mouse or keyboard gets irresponsive.
- Your Windows laptop/computer every so often “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Reasons behind the Error 0x80072EFF
- It happens because of damaged or incomplete installation of Microsoft Update software.
- Due to corruption in Windows registry database.
- Computer virus or malware infection can also corrupt the Windows system files or Microsoft Update-related program files.
- Sometime another program incorrectly deletes or removes Microsoft Update-related files.
This error can occurs on any version of Windows Operating System such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000.
Methods to fix Error 0x80072EFF
Use SFC or System File checker to fix windows update 0x80072eff error. This utility can scan the Windows system files for any types of corruption and restore damaged files.
Step 1: Click on the Start -> search box-> type cmd-> Run it as administrator. If necessary then give administrator password or click Allow.
Step 2: Type sfc /scannow -> hit “Enter” key
Step 3: After the execution of this command, you will see the following messages:
“Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.” -> This shows that there are not missing or corrupted system files.
- “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.”
- “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.”
- “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. “
Above given three messages indicates that system file is damaged and you need to run system restore.
In the manners to resolve windows update error 0x80072eff error, executing a system restore is the best way.
Steps 1: Click on “Start“, Type “System Restore” in the search box and choose system restore.
Steps 2: After it simply follow the steps in the wizard and restore your computer.
Sometime this error can also appears because of old version of windows system. So that it is necessary to verify that windows is updated or not, if no then update your system to the latest version.
Step 1: Go to Control Panel
Step 2: Select System and Security and click Windows Update
Step 3: After it Click Check for updates to update your windows to the latest windows system
If you are unable to get rid of windows update error 0x80072EFF then you should try professional windows update error 0x80072EFF repair tool. This app is specially design to deal with all types of update errors without executing anything manually. Simply download, install and run this tool in the manner to solve this. It can also fix other types of issue like registry error, dll error, system error and more. So it is suggested to apply this app once to get rid of all errors.