[Solved] Kmode_exception_not_handled Error in Windows 10
Kmode_exception_not_handled Blue Screen of Death error appears on the Windows 10 system and interrupts the entire task. This error can be caused by lots of reasons like bad driver, hard drive issue, installed software and more. kmode_exception_not_handled is a BSOD error, it means your computer will restart every time you encounter this error. Sometime you get unable to access your Windows 10 system due to this error.
You may also Like: [Solved] DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10 Error
Symptoms of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Blue Screen Errors
- “STOP Error 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” is appeared.
- “KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” appears and crashes the active program window.
- “The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.” is displayed.
- Windows runs slowly and responds unhurriedly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer occasionally “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Causes of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Blue Screen Errors
- Because of wrongly configured, old, or damaged device drivers.
- Damaged Windows registry due to a recent software change.
- Computer Virus or malware infection can damaged Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related app files.
- Driver confliction issue after installing new hardware.
- Error 0x1E blue screen error can caused due to corrupt hard disk.
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
How to fix kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD error on Windows 10
Trick 1 – Remove your antivirus software
Sometimes kmode_exception_not_handled error can be caused by recently installed antivirus software. According to a report McAfee antivirus software is responsible for this error, so if your system has McAfee antivirus software then uninstall it immediately.
Trick 2 – Try to boot your system after renaming the problematic file
Users reported that simply modifying the name of problematic file. But keep in mind that altering the name of problematic system files isn’t always the best fix. You can also use a professional system repair tool in order to fix system files.
Trick 3 – Uninstall ON/OFF Gigabyte
ON/OFF Gigabyte is a program specially designed to work with USB power stations, according to users the driver for this software is out of date and incompatible with Windows 10. If you are using ON/OFF Gigabyte software on your Windows 10 system then make sure to uninstall it in order to fix kmode_exception_not_handled error.
Trick 4– Update your BIOS
Outdated BIOS can also generate kmode_exception_not_handled error; try to update your system BIOS by visiting your motherboard manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of BIOS for your motherboard.
After downloading the latest BIOS, see motherboard instruction manual to see how to properly update BIOS.
Note: updating Windows system BIOS is very advance procedure, if not executed correctly then it may harm your PC permanently.
Trick 5 – Make sure that RAM is Ok
Damaged or faulty RAM can generate kmode_exception_not_handled error. In order to make sure that the problem is caused by your RAM, you need to apply the below given steps:
Step 1: Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows Key + R and enter mdsched.exe. Hit Enter or click OK.
Step 2: You will see Windows Memory Diagnostic window. Select one of the two options and follow the instructions.
Automatic Way to Fix Kmode_exception_not_handled Error in Windows 10
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors. Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually.
This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills. Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present inside your computer/laptop. You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advance technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Back-up Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built in scheduler – It comes with a built in scheduler that scan your PC automatically after a fix time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool you can make your registry database error free, it can removes all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manage cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fix all types of invalid application shortcuts.