Is your computer throwing “Critical_Process_Died” error message on a blue screen Windows? If YES, then you are at the right place. Here in this blog, we will discuss all about “Critical_Process_Died” Blue Screen of death error.
This error message appears with the error code 0x000000EF, this error code means that a critical system process in your computer died. This critical process can affect the system hardware such as hard disk drive, system memory, system processor etc.
That’s why; it is suggested to fix “Critical_Process_Died” Blue Screen of death error as soon as possible
Critical Process Died error generally appears when a critical system process died with an error code – 0x000000EF or blue screen error. Once a critical system process fails to run it crashes the operating system with a Critical Process Died Stop Error 0x000000EF or Blue Screen appeared on Windows PC/Laptop.
Some of the Common Error messages are:
- “CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED” appears and the active program window crashes.
- “STOP error 0x5A: CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED” is displayed.
- “A problem has been encountered Windows has been shut down to prevent the computer from being corrupted” The problem may have been caused by the following file “
- Your PC often crashes with error 0x5A if you run the same program.
- “The CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000005A.” Is displayed.
- Windows is slow and slow to respond to the mouse or keyboard.
- Your computer hangs up regularly for a few seconds.
Fixes for Critical Process Died Error 0x000000EF on Windows 10/8/7
Fix 1: Make sure that System Files are in Working Condition
In order to verify system files, there are mainly two options first one is using SFC command and the second one is via DISM. We will try both of these options to verify and fix the system files.
Run SFC command
First, you need to open the command prompt with administrator privilege. To do this, press the Windows logo key -> type in cmd -> Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
After opening command prompt, now you need to run the SFC command. To do this, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter key.
This command will take few minutes to complete this process. After the completion of this command, reboot your computer.
DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management is the tool that specially designed to check the system files and fixes the blue screen of death error.
Again open the command prompt with admin privilege – Press the Windows logo key -> type in cmd -> Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, type the below-given command one by one.
NOTE: Press Enter key after each command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
After the completion of this command, reboot your computer.
Fix 2: Update all System Drivers
An outdated system’s drivers can affect the performance of any computer or laptop and may trigger Critical process died issue. That’s why it is recommended to update and repair all the system drivers as soon as possible.
Manually update the system driver
- Click on the Start button -> type Device Manager and choose it from the results.
- Click on the category to expand it and find the name of your device, after it right-click on it, and choose Update Driver.
For example, if you want to update graphics cards, then click on the Display adapters category to expand it. And to update the driver, right click on your graphics card and choose Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Sometimes Windows gets unable to find the new driver, in this case, you should visit the device manufacturer’s official website and download the update.
NOTE: If you are unable to update the system drivers after applying the above steps then try to reinstall the driver. To do this, open the Device Manager -> right-click on the name of the device and choose Uninstall.
At last, reboot your PC and Windows system will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Automatic way to Update System Driver
If you are new to your system or unable to apply the above-given steps to update system drivers then you should apply a professional SYSTEM DRIVER UPDATER TOOL. This is the software through which you can easily update and repair all of your system drivers.
Download, install and run this software on your system. This will automatically update all of the outdated system drivers. It is a very effective tool and will also fix several other system issues like DLL errors, registry issue, slow system and more.
Fix 3: Do a Clean Boot
In order to do a clean boot in Windows 8 or Windows 10 follow the below-given steps one by one:
- First, you need to open the run dialogue box (Press “Windows + R“) after opening the run box type msconfig in it and click OK.
- After it, on the General tab, click on the Selective startup.
- Now, clear the Load startup items check box and click on the Services
- Choose the Hide all Microsoft services check box present at the bottom.
- Click on the Disable all and then click on the Startup
- Click on the Open Task Manager.
- Now, on the Startup tab, right-click on each enabled startup item and choose Disable.
- At last, click on the OK and Restart.
After it, you need to restore the system. To do this follow the below-given steps:
- Again open the run dialogue box (press “Windows + R”), in the run dialogue box type msconfig and click OK.
- Now, on the General tab, choose Normal startup.
- Click on the Services tab and unmark the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Click Enable all and then click on the Startup
- After it, click on the Open Task Manager and turn on all of your startup programs.
- At last, click OK and Restart.
NOTE: Make sure that “Enable all” Microsoft services after completion of troubleshooting, and re-enable all the programs in the Startup tab. This is to avoid the loss of some OS functions and applications.
Fix 4: System Restore to a Previous Restore Point
Restoring system will help you to fix your PC and make them normal.
Open the control panel, to do this click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
Now, press Ctrl + F keys to open the search option and search for the “recovery”. Select the Recovery from the search result.
After it, select Open System Restore and then click on the Next to continue.
Now, you need to choose one from restore point from the list of the available restore point. Select the Restore point and press Next.
At last click on the Finish to continue.
When you see the following notification then click on the Yes to confirm.
All the above-discussed solutions are effective and allow you to deal with the “Critical_Process_Died” Blue Screen of death error.
So apply the given fixes one by one and it will help you to make your PC error free.
After fixing this issue, it is suggested to scan your PC with a professional PC repair tool. This is the tool that able to make your PC error-free and boost the performance of your computer or laptop with ease. Download this PC scanner and it will fix all types of PC issues like BSOD error, DLL errors, registry issues, slow PC performance and more.