All the applications that are linked with the advapi32 DLL file may display advapi32.dll errors if the DLL file has become damaged in some way or has been removed your computer or laptop.
If you are getting advapi32.dll errors then it means there’s an issue with the registry that a malevolent code has to obstruct with the DLL file, or even that there’s been a hardware failure.
Once this DLL file gets inaccessible then you may see any of the following error messages:
- dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because advapi32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot find [PATH]\advapi32.dll
- The file advapi32.dll is missing.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: advapi32.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Other Common Errors
- “The file advapi32.dll is missing.”
- “Advapi32.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register advapi32.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\advapi32.dll.”
- “Cannot start MSDN Disc 2436.1. A required component is missing: advapi32.dll. Please install MSDN Disc 2436.1 again.”
- “This application failed to start because advapi32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Is Your PC Running Slow & Needs Optimization?Don't Miss The BEST TOOL To FIX PC Errors & Issues
Tricks to Fix Advapi32.dll Errors
Note: If you are unable to operate your system in the normal mood then boot Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps.
Trick 1: Restore from Recycle bin: Check system recycle bin for Advapi32.dllfile, this is a very common possible cause of a “missing” Advapi32.dll file.
If you think that you’ve unintentionally deleted Advapi32.dll file and already emptied the Recycle Bin then you need a professional way to restore Deleted DLL File.
Trick 2: Run a Complete virus/malware scan: it is above discussed that Advapi32.dll Errors could be connected to a computer virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. By scanning your entire computer system or laptop with a strong antivirus or antimalware program can make this DLL file free from any types of virus infection.
Trick 3: Do System Restore: If you are getting the Advapi32.dll error just after doing any change to an important file or configuration then by restoring System could fix this issue with ease.
Trick 4: Reinstall the related App/Program: If you are seeing Advapi32.dll error while using a particular program then immediately reinstalling the specific program. Through this you can replace the file with ease. First, uninstall the related app and after it install the app with the help of a fresh copy.
Trick 5: Update the System drivers: Outdated system drivers may also generate this issue, so make sure that drivers for hardware devices are updated or not. If you’re receiving a “The file Advapi32.dll is missing” message when you try to play a 3D video game then try updating the drivers for your video card. It is recommended to use professional System Drivers Updater and update or repair any System Drivers.
Trick 6: Run sfc /scannow: This command is to verify the System Files, via this command you can replace a missing or damaged copy of the Advapi32.dll file (Only if this DLL file is provided by Microsoft).
Trick 7: Make sure Windows is updated: Install any available Windows updates, there are many service packs and other patches released by Microsoft to replace or update DLL files on your computer. It is possible that Advapi32.dll file could be included in one of those updates and by downloading those patches this issue should be fixed.
Trick 8: Repair installation of Windows: If you are unable to fix the Advapi32.dll file error after applying the above tricks then it is recommended to run a startup repair or repair installation. Via these processes, you should restore all Windows DLL files.
Trick 9: Use a Professional registry cleaner: In order to fix the Advapi32.dll related issues you can try a professional registry repair tool. A free registry cleaner app may be able to deal with this issue by removing invalid Advapi32.dll registry entries that might be generating the DLL error.
Trick 10: Run a clean installation of Windows: By installing a fresh Windows will remove everything from the system drive and install a fresh copy of Windows OS. You can try this option to get rid of this error but it is suggested to make a backup of your system first before trying this solution.
How to Fix Advapi32.dll Error
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and effective ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill.
If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors.
This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file: It allows the user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Windows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.