Is your Windows 10 system is throwing a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen error message with a Bug Check code of 0x00000133?
If your answer is YES then you are at the right place, in this blog you will learn all about this BSoD error message.
This kind of error starts appearing when the system drivers get outdated. And generally, it is observed that the incompatible iastor.sys driver triggers this BSoD error on Windows 10.
DPC Watchdog Violation can appear on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 10. It is one of the common problems, but this BSoD error is frequently seen in windows 8.1 & windows 10.
Here, in this blog, we will apply several tested solutions to deal with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen error message.
Fixes for DPC Watchdog Violation BSoD Error:
Fix 1: Disable Fast Startup
By disabling Fast Startup you can solve dpc watchdog violation error. Apply the below-given tutorial:
Open the Control Panel.
Now click on the Power Options. And then click on Choose What the Power Buttons Do.
After it, click on Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable.
Again, uncheck Turn on Fast Startup.
Fix 2: Update All the System Drivers
Updating system drivers can fix this issue. You can update or repair Windows drivers either applying manual solution or go with a professional System Driver Updater Tool.
Start with, iastor.sys and IDE ATA/ATAPI controller’s drivers. If you want to manual system drivers then follow the below-given instructions carefully.
- Press window + R button from the keyboard to open the RUN Dialogue Box.
- After it, in the run dialogue box field type msc and press enter key.
- Search IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and expand it.
- Right click on the driver and select Update Driver.
- Select method to update the selected driver
Repeat the above-given steps to update all of the system drivers.
Note: If you are new then you must go with a professional System driver updater tool.
Fix 3: Make sure that Hard Drives are Ok
Corrupted or damaged system hard drives can generate dpc watchdog violation blue screen error. That’s why it is recommended to make sure that system’s HDD is OK and in working condition.
- First of all, you need to open the Command Prompt with admin privilege.
- After opening the command prompt, type CHKDSK C: /F /R and hit the enter key to run this command.
- Now, type Y and press enter.
- After the completion of this command reboot your Computer.
Fix 4: Reinstall Drivers via Safe Mode
- First of all turn on your PC into safe mode. To do this, turn off your PC and again click on power button to turn on your PC.
- Just after, start pressing F8 key continuously.
- If all ok, then you will see a black Window with several boot options.
- Choose the Safe mode and press enter.
- So, your PC is in safe mode. Now you need to delete or remove all of the external drivers and network drivers.
To do this, navigate to the Computer/This PC properties > Device Manager.
- Uninstall these devices and install them again. After installing update these drivers to latest version.
- At last, restart your PC into normal mode.
Fix 5: Verify System Files
Also, make sure that all the system files are ok or not.
- Set your computer/Laptop free from any kind of network and internet connection.
- Turn off any security software which is installed on your PC. Such as Antivirus, Internet Security, Third-party Firewall etc.
- Now, you need to open the Command Prompt with Administrator privilege.
- In the command Window, you need to type SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter key.
- This command will take little time to finish their execution.
- At last, reboot your PC.
Fix 6: Reset or Re-Install Windows
- You need to boot your PC or laptop into safe mode (follow the above-given instruction).
- After booting, navigate to PC Setting > Update and Recovery > Recovery.
- Select your preferred option and reset your PC. You may need a windows bootable disk or pen drive.
Or in order to repair your PC, you can use bootable DVD or pen drive.
Fix 7: Modify SATA ACHI controller driver
1: Press the Windows and X key and then click on the Device Manager.
2: Click on the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to expand it.
3: Right-click on the SATA ACHI controller and click Properties.
In order to make sure that your selected driver is correct controller then go to the Driver tab, click Driver Details.
Verify that the iaStorA.sys is listed as a driver. Click OK to exit.
4: Click on the Driver and then Update Driver….
5: After it, click on Browse my computer for driver software.
6: Again, click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7: Again click on the Standard SATA AHCI Controller and then click Next. Complete the onscreen procedure as shown.
8: Reboot your PC/Laptop.
Note: It is suggested to repeat the same procedure again each time after your Windows update.
All the above-given fixes are very effective but it is recommended to apply them very carefully as a single mistake can affect your entire system.
If you want to get rid of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen error message automatically then you should apply a professional PC Error Repair Tool. This tool is completely automatic, so you don’t need any extra skills to fix this BSoD Error.
This software will fix all types of issues of Windows system, you can deal with DLL Error, registry error, outdated driver errors and more…