Struggling with the error 0x80070BC9 in Windows 10/8/7 while installing the latest updates then this article is for you. Here check out the complete information about the windows update error 0x80070BC9.
Updating Windows operating system is very important to make itmore secure and perform smoothly. The latest updates delivered by Microsoft include security patches essential to the Windows system.
However, updating the Windows operating system is not always easy as many times the users are found reporting the update process gets stuck with the error codes.
One most irritating error is the Windows update error 0x80070BC9.
0x80070BC9 – ERROR_FAIL_REBOOT_REQUIRED. The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made.
The error code 0X80070BC9 can be fixed by following certain possible fixes. So below learn the tested possible solutions to fix update error 0X80070BC9 Windows 10.
What Causes Error Code 0X80070BC9?
Well, there are different reasons responsible for Windows update error 0X80070BC9. Here check out some of them:
- Damaged or corrupted Windows system files.
- Incomplete installation of the update
- Improper deletion of the applications or hardware.
- Due to recently installed software
- Unexpected system shutdown when the update process is running
- The policies restricting the behaviors of Windows Module Installer.
Now try the given fixes to resolve update error 0X80070BC9 Windows 10/8/7.
Fix Various PC Issues and Errors:
But first it is recommended to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool; this is capable to fix various Windows errors and other PC issues like hardware failure, virus/malware, Windows files corruption, registry corruption, etc. It also helps you to optimize Windows PC performance and make your PC error-free.
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0X80070BC9?
#1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
To fix the error 0X80070BC9 very first try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, follow the steps to run it:
- Click Start > Settings > Updates and Security > Troubleshoot.
- And choose the Windows Update troubleshooter and run it.
- After completing the whole process > restart the system
Now check if the Windows update error 0X80070BC9 is fixed or not.
#2: Check Status of Windows Modules Installer Worker Service
Many users confirmed that setting the Windows Modules Installer Worker Service to Manual, help the user to fix the error code 0X80070BC9.
Follow the steps to do so:
Open the Services Manager > check the status of Windows Modules Installer Worker Service and make sure its startup type is set to Manual. And click on the Start button.
Now check the update error 0X80070BC9 is fixed or not.
#3: Uninstall Recently Installed Software
As it is stated above the recently installed software causes the error code 0X80070BC9, so check for the recently installed software and then uninstalls it. Check if the update error in Windows 10 is fixed or not.
#4: Run the System File Checker (SFC)
If you are still encountering the error then run the SFC scan this help you to fix the Windows system files corruption.
Follow the given instructions:
- Hit Win + X key > select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then in the Command Prompt > type ‘sfc /scannow’ > Enter
- And wait for the whole process to complete (this may take approx. 15 minutes)
After completing the scanning process, restart your system and check if the error is fixed or not.
#5: Restart the Background Intelligent Transfer Services
Try restarting the Background Intelligent Transfer Services (BITS), to fix the Windows update error 0X80070BC9.
Follow the given instructions:
- Press Windows key + R > and in run box type services.msc.
- And on the list locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) on the list.
- Right-click the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service > click Properties.
- Assure the Automatic (Delayed Start) is selected on the General tab. If not selected then click Apply
- Next to Service Status > check if service is started > if not click Start
#6: Contact IT administrator to modify the group policies
The main cause of the issue is policies that control the start behavior for Windows Module Installer. You need to remove them like the Windows Modules Installer Worker Service is managed by the operating system itself.
Well, there are various policies, so here it is recommended to contact the IT administrator to modify them.
Hope the given fixes work for you to fix the Windows update error 0X80070BC9.
So, now it’s your turn follow the given fixes one by one to resolve Windows update error 0X80070BC9.
Also, make sure to follow the steps and given commands and carefully to prevent further issues.
Well, if you are new to Windows or not tech savvy then make use of the automatic PC Repair Tool, this detects and fix Windows problems automatically.
If you are having any questions, or want to share your thoughts or anything that I missed out, just follow us on @ http://ask.pcerror-fix.com