How to Fix Game.dll is Missing / Not Found Error Messages
What Is Game.dll?
Game.dll is a kind of DLL file that is related with Warcraft III developed by Blizzard Entertainment for the Windows OS. For Windows the latest Game.dll version is 188.8.131.5235. This DLL files has scored rating of 1 star and a security of rating of “Unknown.”
What are DLL files?
DLL (dynamic link library) files are small tool such as game.dll, which is just like EXE (executable) file, which permit several programs to share the same functionality.(e.g. printing)
For example, assume you are editing a document in MS Excel. The DLL file that controls printing, need not require loading, unless, it’s function is required. Suppose you decide to print it, when you hit “Print”, MS Excel calls printer DLL file, and it gets loaded into memory (RAM) at that time, but if you want to print a file in another program, say Adobe Acrobat, then the same DLL file will be used as well.
Why Do We Have DLL Errors?
As they are shared files, DLL files present outside of the software application itself. Though, this gives many benefits for software developers, however this also give rise to several problems.
It is very simple, if your Windows cannot properly load your game.dll file, you will face an error message. Below you will find the cause of game.dll errors.
When Do DLL Errors Occur?
DLL errors, like those related with game.dll, most often occur during computer startup, program startup, or when you try to use particular function in your program.
Common Game.dll Error Messages
The most common game.dll errors that occur on a Windows-based computer are:
- “Game.dll not found.”
- “Game.dll Access Violation.”
- “The file game.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot register game.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\game.dll.”
- “Cannot start Warcraft III. A required component is missing: game.dll. Please install Warcraft III again.”
- “This application failed to start because game.dll was not found.”
These DLL error message can occur, during program installation, while a game.dll associated with software program is running, during installation of Windows OS, or even during Windows shutdown or startup. Identifying when and where your game.dll error occurs is one of the useful information that can help you in trouble shooting the issue.
Causes of Game.dll Errors
Most of the time Game.dll errors occurred due to corrupt or missing game.dll files. Since game.dll is an external file, there is a high chance of something unwelcome to occur.
Virus infection or improper shut down of PC may corrupt the game.dll, which may lead to DLL errors. So, when game.dll becomes corrupt, the program which shares this dll file will not work properly.
Beside this, game.dll file error may occur due to problems in the Windows registry. Broken DLL file will not allow DLL file from registering properly, and hence you will get a game.dll error.
Below are some common causes that may result in the occurrence of game.dll error:
- Invalid or corrupt game.dll registry entry.
- Virus or malware attack which has corrupted/damaged the game.dll file.
- Game.dll file gets overwritten by another program.
- Installation of new program may mistakenly delete the game.dll file.
- Uninstalling any program mistakenly uninstalled the game.dll file.
- Blizzard Entertainment hardware failure, which has corrupted/damaged the game.dll file.
How to Fix Game.dll Errors
One can fix the game.dll errors by following the below mentioned methods. These methods are obviously time and effort taking and also more difficult. If you are a novice then you muct not try the below methods but if you have technical knowledge of computer and dll files then you can proceed on to fix the errors.
- Repair Invalid Game.dll Registry Entries
- Restore or Remove Game.dll from the Windows Recycle Bin
- Run a Full Malware Scan of Your PC.
- Make use of Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
- Download and Update your PC Device Drivers
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Warcraft III Program related with Game.dll
- Update all available Windows Updates
- Perform a clean installation of Windows
- Run Windows System File Checker (“scannow/sfc”)
Tool we recommend
Following the above methods, if you still face the same error, then it is strongly recommended that you must use PC Repair Tool fix the game.dll errors. This tool is particularly designed to fix DLL, registry errors, Windows errors and optimize your system performance.
Precaution – We do not recommend users to download game.dll from “DLL download” sites, because these sites deal the DLL files that are not approved by the official game.dll file developer and it can sometimes comes with bundled malware or other virus infected files.