Microsoft launches various updates for their Windows 10 users, and all of these updates are necessary for any Windows 10 system in order to avoid errors, slow system performance and other kinds of bug issues.
Windows 10 is packed with an automatic Windows Update service, this service is specially programmed to skip the trouble of manual update. This feature will automatically download and update your Windows system, so you don’t need to deal with any manual options.
But, sometimes due to any internal or external issue Windows Update service gets faulty and start showing error messages when user tries to update their system.
Some common Windows 10 update errors are Windows 10 Update Error 0x8007042c, Windows 10 Update Error 0x80244022, Windows Update Error code 0x8024402f in Windows 10/8/7 and more.
In this blog, we will discuss about another update error i.e. Windows 10 update Error Code 0x8024a105.
This error code is very irritating and may appear while downloading any available update for your system or laptop. You may also face this error code while the procedure of windows updates or checking the Update History and investigating the updates that failed to install.
No matter what are the reasons, you can easily fix this error code without the need of any professional skills. Simply follow the below-given tricks and tips, all the given solutions are easy to apply and very effective.
Tricks to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105
Trick 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
This trick is one of the essential and effective solutions to overcome from any type of update errors like windows update error 0x8024a105.
In order to run update troubleshooter, go with the below-given instructions:
- Go to the Windows setting. Search for the setting and select setting option. Or you can also open this by pressing Windows + I from keyboard.
- After it, go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Click on the Windows Update from the troubleshooter list.
- Now, you need to follow the onscreen commands.
This will surely fix update error code and you can easily update your system. If not, then go to the trick number 2.
Trick 2: Reset Catroot 2 Folder
To reset Catroot 2 folder, first, you need to know about this folder. This folder is the same as the software distribution folder which contains update components.
You can find the Catroot folder at C:\Windows\System32\Catroot 2
In order to reset this folder, simply follow these instructions.
- Open the command prompt with the admin privileges.
- And, run the following commands one by one (press Enter key after each keyword).
net stop cryptsvcmd %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old
- After running all these commands, erase everything from catroot 2 folder.
- Run below-given command
net start cryptsvc
- At last, reboot your PC or Laptop and then try to update windows system.
Trick 3: Change Windows Update Settings
- Press the Windows button and choose Update and Security.
- Inside the Update settings again choose Advanced Options.
- Unmark the “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows” box.
- Restart the system to save the modifications.
- After it, open Windows Update Settings and click on the Check for Updates.
- Now, click check for Updates button more than a few times in order to install all available Windows Updates. After updating your system completely, you will get a notification “Your device is up to date.”
- At last, open Update settings again and choose Advanced Options.
It is recommended to apply all of the above-given solutions one by one. These tricks are tested and able to deal with any type of Windows 10 update errors.
After fixing Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105, it is suggested to scan your PC deeply via a professional PC error repair tool. This tool will find and rectify all the internal errors related to DLL files, System files, registry keys and more.
So, it is hoped that after following this article your PC will become completely error-free and fast.