If you are reading this blog then it is sure your computer is suffering from d3d9.dll file related issues or errors. Don’t worry as you can easily fix this irritating error message without need of any professional or technical skills.
Before going to describe the solution of d3d9.dll file missing error, first, you must read some hidden facts about DLL files like why this error is appearing OR can we prevent this type of issues and more.
The d3d9.dll file is same as the other dll file, it belongs to the DirectX software. DirectX is one of the important part of any computer system. It helps to boost the Windows system gaming experience and also used in the advanced graphics program.
Generally, the d3d9.dll errors occur when you have an outdated version of DirectX program on your Computer. For example:
If user tries to run a game that is compatible with the DirectX 9, but PC has DirectX 8 or another outdated version.
Some Common D3d9.dll Error Messages
- D3d9.dll not found.
- The file d3d9.dll is missing.
- D3d9.dll Access Violation.
- Cannot register d3d9.dll.
- Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\d3d9.dll.
- Cannot start Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images. A required component is missing: d3d9.dll. Please install Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images again.
- This application failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot initialize dinput9.dll
- “Fatal Exception error in dplayx.dll
- “dplay.dll has performed an illegal operation
- “Access violation error in DirectX file D3D8.DLL
Solutions to Fix d3d9.dll is Missing Error?
In order to fix this error, there are lots of solutions, apply them one by one to fix this issue:
Solution 1: Reinstall DirectX
This solution is very effective, to do this you have to download and install the latest version of DirectX on your system.
First, you have to check which DirectX version is installed on your system or compatible with your system then follow the below-given steps:
- Click on the Start menu and right click on the command prompt, choose Run as Administrator.
- Now type, dxdiag and hit Enter, this will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
- At the bottom part of this window, you can see the version of installed DirectX on your computer.
In case you are using the outdated version of DirectX then you need to update it, download the latest version of DirectX by clicking on this link: Download the latest DirectX version
Download and install it, after installing, reboot your PC.
Solution 2: Manually Replace the D3D9.dll File on your PC
If you are still getting the error message then you should try to replace the D3D9.dll File manually. To do this, follow the below-given steps:
Step 1: First, you have to download the d3d9.zip file from the Internet.
Step 2: Then unzip the downloaded d3d9.dll file and go through the c:\Windows\System32
Step 3: Now, find out the current d3d9.dll on your computer
Step 4: In this step, you have to change the current d3d9.dll to d3d9BACKUP.dll. Then Copy & Paste the newly downloaded d3d9.dll into C:\Windows\System32
Step 5: After it, open the run box by pressing (Windows + R) and in the run box type the “cmd” then press the Enter key. This will open up the Command Prompt.
Step 6: On the command prompt, you have to run the below-given command
Press the Enter key to run the command. After executing this command restart your system.
Solution 3: Other Solutions to Fix D3D9.dll Error
If the D3d9.dll Error Messages is still unfixed after applying the above method then follow the below given tricks one by one.
- If you are getting an error message that says “d3d9.dll is missing” then either download the file from the web or use any DLL error Repair tool.
- Open the Recycle Bin and make sure that the D3d9.dll file is available in this place or not. If the missing DLL file is present in the Recycle Bin then restore it to fix the error.
- If you are getting this error message just after installing or uninstalling any game or software program then revert your action (install or reinstalling the program) to fix the error.
- If the error appears and prevents you from running a specific program then reinstall or update the program to fix the error.
- Sometimes malware infection can also affect the DLL files and so that error occurs, run a full scan of your system with a professional antimalware program.
All the above given solutions are very effective and able to make your system error free. In case you are unable to apply the discussed manual solution then you can go with an automatic solution. Simply download professional DLL Repair Tool and fix any types of DLL errors.
This tool is very simple to apply as you don’t have to do anything manually, download then install and run this software on your system. This tool will automatically fix all types issues present on your system. Hence, it is recommended to go with PC Error Repair Tool once.