After a long wait this game has finally hit the streets. It has emerged as the latest installment in place of this long running RPG franchise and has been noticed to turn out the most anticipating title that’s going to be unconfined this year. Fallout 3 in my opinion was a great game – though it had some of issues technically, and few glitches/bugs that proves to be annoying at times. New Vegas is built on the same game engine as FO3. Plus the gaming experience is enjoyable equally. Some bugs of its predecessors are also inherited by New Vegas. This is not to say the game is completely bugged. But for complete gaming experience you have to overcome some issues that causes lags and delay, audio issues, crashes, performance woes, etc. for those facing some errors with New Vegas below are fixes provided to some most prominent errors is order to provide you smooth gaming performance.
Fallout 3 New Vegas freezing & random freezes mid game, BSOD errors
Freezes occurring randomly like BSOD error on definite multi core hardware surrounding due to incompatibilities with the game engine. You can try to avert these issues by setting the boundary to use only 2 cores.
- Go to my documents and unlock fallout.ini under folder of mygames\falloutNV using a text editor like notepad.
- Search string bUseThreadedAI=0
- Rename as bUseThreadedAI=1
- Under above add a line as iNumHWThreads=2
- Save before closing this file
- Steps 2-5 should b repeated for fallout_default.ini in dir installation under default folder of C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout New Vegas)
Fix NPC slowdown, stuttering issues and increase frame rate
I’ve got to say, this is an awesome fix and a godsend for people suffering from this plague. Download dx9.dll file as per tutoring shown below and increase in performance could be noticed in a significant manner after installation of New Vegas;
- Download dx9.dll file from http://www.pcerror-fix.com
- Place it in the folder where ../steamapps/common/fallout new vegas is placed.
- Restart game and system. Now DirectX 9 will be used as render path instead of backward computability that is DX9 API with DX10
Fix Jerky frame rate issues, low FPS in Fallout New Vegas
Sometimes, particularly if you are using hardware of low end video, you may face the game with performance lag along with stuttering and frame rate with jerkiness. If you face the same problem set the water multisampling setting to low. Lower end GPU was found to be killing by this and if disabled it gave a noticeable performance boost.
Fix New Vegas mouse acceleration issues
I don’t know about you but I find the sudden mouse acceleration annoying as hell. I’m not sure if this is a feature or a bug but if you want this to be activated then follows the steps below:
- Under My documents\My games\fallout NV, go to Falloutprefs.ini and open it with text editor.
- Under this file locate control segment.
- Under this section add the lines as follows,
Save the file and close it, now get rid of the read only feature under file assets. After this game should to be restarted to check whether the mouse acceleration error is resolved or not. 1-3 steps should be repeated for file Fallout_default.ini located under Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\.
New Vegas audio issues, lagging, stuttering or noisy audio
For fixing this problem you can try the following:
- Disable surround sound output in your Pc and enable Stereo speaker setup.
- Lower the sampling rate of sound card to at least 48000hz
- Run the game in Windowed Mode. This seems to fix lagging audio for some.
- Make sure your sound card drivers are updated.
Any error mentioned above must be fixed with the solution provided along with. But if you still face bugs, errors, issues with Fallout New Vegas, then let someone else handle your issues on your behalf such as all round tool. PC Repair Tool is one of the best of recommendations for any PC related errors. It is easy to use, resolves any kind of system errors, cleans Windows registry, restore settings and most importantly acts as a guard to maintain, tune and run PC properly with maximum speed.