If your system is displaying Error Code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C then it is recommended to fix this issue as soon as possible. The main cause of this issue is an installed application or program on your computer that is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 10. Due to this unsuited application you get unable to complete the Windows 10 upgrading process.
Common symptoms include:
- A dialog box will appear with an Error Code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C
- You are unable to complete the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade process.
As we above discussed that the main cause of Error Code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C is a non-compatible application or program that is currently installed on your computer.
Manual Repair to Fix Error Code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C
The error code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C is very common and you can easily fix this issue without need of any professional skills. It is recommended that before applying any attempts to fix this error apply a compatibility test.
- Verify that all the installed application is compatible, or if any compatibility issue found then locate and remove the program as soon as possible. After finding one incompatible program doesn’t stop and check all other apps for compatibility issue.
- Also make sure that all installed programs and software are not outdated or no longer supported. If any found then remove or fix any outdated or unused, unnecessary programs or software.
- Sometime checking Windows system drivers is also necessary, make sure that all of your device drivers are updated and compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, if you found any outdated then replace or update it. [Update and repair outdated or corrupt system drivers with the help of a professional Windows System Driver Updater tool. This software is very effective and will fix all types of issues that can prevent you from updating your system.
You can take the help of Microsoft Windows 10 application on your computer to check its compatibility, apply the below given steps to run the check.
Step 1: At the right side of the task bar you will see an icon for Microsoft Windows 10, right click the icon. Find the option in the menu to check the status of your upgrade. This option will open an app for getting Microsoft Windows 10.
Step 2: After it you will see 3 lines on top of one another in the upper left side, this will open a drop down menu, from here find the option to check the compatibility of your computer.
Step 3: Microsoft Windows will then automatically run a check of your complete computer to verify for compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10. After the completion of this process you will see a pop up window that will display whether or not your computer will work with Microsoft Windows 10. In this message you will also get a list of any hardware and software that are not compatible with the upgrade.
After finding the incompatible applications now you have to remove/uninstall them.
Step 1: Open Control Panel.
Step 2: Select the “Programs”
Step 3: From the options available, choose the ‘Programs and Features’ link.
Step 4: Find the app in the queue or menu.
Step 5: Right click and select the uninstall option.